It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coup Or Purge In China?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It appears "something" is happening in China. A majority of flights have been cancelled and there are rumors of either a coup or political purges going on.

Not much info currently and who knows, it may be nothing but something to watch over the next 24-48 hours.

www.investmentwatchblog.com...

www.reddit.com...

twitter.com...

Link

Update: 9.24.22: Jennifer Zheng now says her family knows a PLA admiral, who confirms that Xi has been removed as head of the Central Military Commission. However, the admiral apparently denies that Xi has been removed as President or Chairman of the CCP, so far.

9.23.22 Multiple reports say that the CCP Congress did not go well for Xi Jinping. Rumor has it that he is under arrest, as an 80 kilometer long column of armored vehicles moves into position in Hebei province, just West of Beijing. That's a 50 mile line of armored vehicles.

"Something is up in #China. The rumors remind us, once again, that the country is volatile and very few outsiders know what happens in senior #CCP circles. Stay tuned for announcements, news, info, rumors

China’s former justice minister faces life in prison amid purge of security officials

www.theguardian.com...

China Security Official Gets Life Imprisonment as Xi Crushes ‘Political Clique’

www.bloomberg.com...

Mass Cancellation of Flights Throughout China, Causes Unclear

hindiblognews.in...

twitter.com...

The main originator of the #China coup rumor is now saying that the rumor is not true.

Now she adds that 3 senior anti-Xi officials were sentenced to death. We'll have to see if there are reliable sources that can validate those statements, but don't hold your breath.

edit on 23-9-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Definitely something happening !!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

History shows us that China is very ruthless in situations like this.

Xi has transformed China.

A move by more traditionalist Communists?
People wanting increased openness?
Or possible a more hawkish approach to foreign policy?

Aren't there 'elections' due next month in China?

Certainly something to keep an eye on.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Figure I'll get the least bias story from Arabs on this one.

www.aljazeera.com...

True statement 1:

China’s former vice minister of public security Sun Lijun has been given a suspended death sentence after being found guilty of taking tens of millions in bribes, manipulating the stock market, and possessing weapons illegally.

True statement 2:

The sentencing and severe penalty for the former deputy minister comes ahead of a meeting of the ruling Communist Party of China next month at which President Xi Jinping is expected to try to break with tradition and award himself a third five-year term as leader.

Or it might be something close to a coup. Or at least opposition to Xi appointing himself a 3rd term. Guess Putin rubbed off on him. And in China I would imagine it's easier to do.
edit on 23-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Xi is a very dangerous thug. He's already tried to make himself like an emperor. He has no education aside from fake honorary degrees. Many American officials suck up to him though, as he is a man after their own desires.

I highly doubt we will see anything much about his true nature in our corrupt main stream media.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Xi is China's Version of Joe Biden , the Useful Idiot is Useful No Longer . Joe's NEXT............

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

What Xi Jinping as president for life means for China and the world

indianexpress.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

What Xi Jinping as president for life means for China and the world

indianexpress.com...

Pure propaganda at that web site.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
John McCain did threaten China with Arab Spring style of protests or something similar in the past.

With smirk on his face.
edit on 23-9-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Xi is doing another purge of anyone who might be a threat to his regime and political power, thus the military movements and keeping those who might want to flee unable to do so. China under his and the CCP leadership is one messed up place for the average citizen IMO.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I never thought that China's troubles would result in something like this.

Posting to keep track of this one.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What is likely to happen when a raft of Chinese billionaires with assets spread around the world, are faced with the return to totalitarian control? most of them have a secondary nationality with a golden passport. Plus a private jet on their airstrip. Since the CCP members cant be so mobile and are seeing the same thing occurring, they will probably have to have a go at XI he knows it and would have begun the purging. The state will calmly repatriate their money back to the state coffers, but whether he succeeds will depend on the corruption level. Who is willing to sell out who to keep their wealth. The same thing seems to be going on in Russia rather a lot of Billionaires seem to be exiting before their allotted time. It might be signaling a return to hardline communism.
It seems that XI might have been under house arrest for a week.

edit on 24-9-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

What is likely to happen when a raft of Chinese billionaires with assets spread around the world, are faced with the return to totalitarian control? most of them have a secondary nationality with a golden passport. Plus a private jet on their airstrip. Since the CCP members cant be so mobile and are seeing the same thing occurring, they will probably have to have a go at XI he knows it and would have begun the purging. The state will calmly repatriate their money back to the state coffers, but whether he succeeds will depend on the corruption level. Who is willing to sell out who to keep their wealth. The same thing seems to be going on in Russia rather a lot of Billionaires seem to be exiting before their allotted time. It might be signaling a return to hardline communism.
It seems that XI might have been under house arrest for a week.

That is a great video ! Thanks !! Maybe for once with all the rumors real change is coming to both Russia and China ...
edit on 727thk22 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   
tagging for later review (its bed time and my 4 yr old has been kicking my butt) I almost want to say better the devil we know.

But odds are dictator for life is trying to purge everyone and anyone that might challenge him which makes me wonder about all those videos talking about chinas economic problems, maybe Xi is getting ahead of it by removing threats before the bottom drops out of their economy.

*shrugs* tough to say remember the "coup" in turkey where an F-16 piloted by a "rebel" had his plane lined up and didnt pull the trigger on their dictator.

This house arrest talk could be just that talk, while he commits a bunch of new atrocities.

edit on 24-9-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I don't think change in the East is the biggest threat these days. Though to be fair if China went all closed doors again, I'm not sure it would be the worst thing in the world to happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   
SCMP hasn't said anything yet, if at all.

i don't think it would be widely reported anyway.

i don't speak putonghua so i'll have to wait for a bit to see if there is any talk.

if it is a coup, i believe it will be toward a softer side.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Xi is China's Version of Joe Biden , the Useful Idiot is Useful No Longer . Joe's NEXT............

Why do some people have to make everything about Biden and/or US politics.
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with either.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

At least you're speared the nonsense of having King Charles getting compared to Xi.

I think the issues with China are more complex than a lot of people can grasp, so they try and make comparisons so that they try and understand. China is very complex, and I can't even say for certain what's happening right now. What I can say is that until information starts getting leaked out of China, nobody will know much about what's going on there.

At least they're thinking about the issues from a more geopolitical angle.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   

China under his and the CCP leadership is one messed up place for the average citizen IMO.

The thing is, quality of life and standard of living for literally millions upon millions of Chinese has improved dramatically over the last thirty or so years.
Abject poverty and starvation was still relatively common place in China - I dare say it still is for some in the vastness that is China.

And I'm sure the major cities are plagued with some of the problems that occur in major cities throughout the world.

But the transformation has been staggering.

Of course it has come at a cost, maybe a cost that many of us wouldn't want to pay.
But the reality is many, many Chinese people are willing to forego things like civil liberties, freedom of speech etc; they have a different psyche and collective outlook.

I'm not trying to support China and some its more extreme policies.....just offering a different perspective than what is normally put forward.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join