It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aaron Judge ties Babe Ruth with 60th home run of season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now, I don't pay much attention to baseball having years ago found it a boring sport to watch.That and I could never play it well myself when I was young. I was slow on my feet and could not judge where a fly ball would land to save my life nor could I figure out just where that ball would be when I swung my bat.

Add to that the pro team of my childhood always managed to make a run at the pennant but would always stumble in the final weeks of the season.

So, I don't know anything about the newer teams, what leagues they are in, what their schedules are, who is winning and who is losing or any other thing about what's going on right now.

However, THIS I find exhilarating. Somewhere back in the recesses of my childhood brain still lies the notion that Babe Ruth is immortal, that Babe Ruth was and will forever more remain the best there ever was. Sure, I know about Maris and Mantle and then McGwire and Bonds, but the name RUTH still trumpets in my soul as the GOAT.

So my mind stops short at imagining the heights of achievement experienced by Mr. Judge as he joins the greatest of all time at the top of his profession. That headline just sings. '' Aaron Judge ties Babe Ruth.''

And now for Maris.

Go Aaron.
edit on 30America/ChicagoWed, 21 Sep 2022 11:48:35 -0500Wed, 21 Sep 2022 11:48:35 -050022092022-09-21T11:48:35-05:001100000048 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Judge is having a great season no doubt and by hitting 61 ties Maris for Yankees single season HR record and passes it with 62. As great as it is, its still just a team record since Bonds still holds the MLB record of 73. As much as people hate that because of alleged steroid use, 73 still stands as the official record and will continue to do so

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MatteBlak

I read the other day when Judge was still around 57 that he himself recognizes the Bond's record as the one to beat.
Still though, to tie Ruth, what a mind explosion.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I lost interest in baseball during the steroid era.
I always found it amazing how the league just ignored the issue instead of looking at the long term effects.
They have a whole generation of players that will never make the hall of Fame.

Now we look at current players like judge and pujolts wondering what magic they are using to hit so many home runs...

I miss the days of Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt, Gwynn, Griffy.... Etc. Just imagine what Pete Rose would do to the shift....😂

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Pujolts has been at it now for 21 years so that's an average of around 33 per year. Not outstanding per year but rather for consistency over a whole career. He is saying he will retire after this season. I have heard no ''stories'' about him using anything but his own skills and determination, that plus his salary has kept him going.

Judge as well has not, from what I have recently read had any accusations of impropriety in his performance so at this point I rule that out. But yes, that whole steroid period did sour a lot of people on the game.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Terry mcguire --- A...... Sounds like a juicers name.....

Almost lol

Looking at you mark!

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MatteBlak

It would actually be a really GOOD thing if Bonds record was beaten.

Then the whole steroid yada yada thing can go away. Controversy over.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

And we wait on pins…

And NOT needles (thank gawd!)!!

Nice to see both ends of the spectrum! Look ma! No ‘roids!!

The McGwire-Sosa era was a huge drag on the sport. I was not impressed and wished that everyone juiced just to see what happens! (Sorry grammar Nazis for the split infinitives! Seems that are my specialty!! 😂)

This achievement is amazing! And the monster has been raging since he joined the Majors!!

I will watch (as much as possible). It will be great entertainment!!

Thanx OP for the uplifting post!!

PLAY BALL!!!

🏟️

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I also read that the fan who came up with the tying homerun ball, returned it to Judge no strings attached. Now, that is the love of the game...

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MatteBlak
Judge is having a great season no doubt and by hitting 61 ties Maris for Yankees single season HR record and passes it with 62. As great as it is, its still just a team record since Bonds still holds the MLB record of 73. As much as people hate that because of alleged steroid use, 73 still stands as the official record and will continue to do so

Baseball needs a good story... they have gone woke, and they are going broke.

I noticed several golfers on the PGA tour this year, being sponsored my Major League Baseball. Why would one professional sport ( aka "America's Game") need to advertise their brand, by sponsoring professionals in another sport?

...because, they have to.
edit on 21-9-2022 by madmac5150 because: OOPS

new topics

top topics

join