It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having been stationed in the Philippines while in the USAF, this really saddens me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It is very true, the low islands are going under high tide.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   
That's a cool YT channel. Lots of interesting videos.Thanks for posting.
I always thought it would be fun to live on a small island for a while. It would also be scary!

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Some of the claims of the ocean rising is actually caused by the land sinking; no kidding.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Apparently the overwhelming consensus is having too many people in these areas will cause them to tip over and capsize ...

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Water seeks the lowest levels, sea level being as low as it can go. However, that doesn't mean it's uniform across the planet as example it bulges near the equator. The moon pulls up the ocean water to create bulges that cause the tides. It's possible that this island is in a area that has more ocean water building up due to factors other than sea level rising (something like changing currents), although I wouldn't doubt rising levels as being a cause either.
edit on 19-9-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

land settles and "sinks".
news.harvard.edu...

In the coming decades, cities and towns up and down the eastern seaboard will have to come to terms with the impact of rising sea level due to climate change. A new study, however, is suggesting that rising sea levels may be only part of the picture — because the land along the coast is also sinking.

no matter what the message, or the facts, it's always "climate change" even when they realize the land is sinking. The religion is strong. Like a cult.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Its better than burying one's head in the sand and never doing anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I love the Philippines and it's people.

top topics

join