It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stumbled across these alleged photos from Admiral Richard Byrd - Operation Highjump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   
*********please note the word ALLEDGED ********

Stumbled across these alleged photos from Admiral Richard Byrd - Operation Highjump. Found them first in Reddit, High Strangeness where some comments are saying these are AI-generated and the original link has been deleted, my BS meter is pinging off the charts but it is early, and Ive never seen these images, when I get a chance Ill do an image search and see if they show up elsewhere.

Aren't AI-generated photos easily identifiable? as well wouldn't the provenance be busted if they are posted elsewhere after a cursory search not seeing any of their images on a search? Just seems strange there isn't one identifiable face in any of the pics smells like BS to me. Nobody debunks like ATS

Thoughts?

www.reddit.com...

Then here is the original Twitter link

twitter.com...

David & Sky
@uaplive
Admiral Richard Byrd - Operation Highjump. I've acquired over 100 photographs buried in the vaults for almost a century. Is the world ready for this?

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm sure they were posted in a recent thread....and thoroughly debunked etc.
But sorry, I can't remember which thread it was.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

there you go...

ATS Thread

computer generated by DALL-E, but makes you wonder what was the base to work with, is this just a sneaky way for decals but maintaining deniability?

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Scraedtosleep posted it here.

I enjoyed the pictures anyway. There's a link there to a different source.

a reply to: Terpene
DOH! You beat me.
edit on 9/15/22 by Ksihkehe because: ETA

edit on 9/15/22 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I would love them to be genuine putnam6.

But somehow i imagine just like his alleged diary its just not the case.

The Earth is simply not hollow in the manner the Byrd stories suggest.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You sneaky you

You took that quote uttered by the pope to Galileo, and changed it slightly....

Haven't been to the poles myself, haven't seen earth from space for my self, all my firsthand knowledge, gives me little clue as to the actual shape of the earth.
Admittedly I never trusted science that much and even less now. I like science though, it's simple and has some merit, but for the bigger picture I see it as mere speculation that holds as much merit as any other speculation on the topic.
They might be right or not, time will tell.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   

There are pictures of our Earth from space Terpene, so there is that.

As to her shape well she is an oblate spheroid.

Where science is concerned, well its the only tool we have in the box that allows us to form unbiased observations and perform systematic repeatable experiments in the pursuit of knowledge.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
No faces so it seems the AI isn't all that good.

Noticed that last time they were posted

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Now there are pictures from Byrds journey Andy, so there is that....

Don't you wonder where all the original pics have gone? There must be plenty of pics, as his mission was research.

the pursuit of knowledge.

Fleeting knowledge at best.
I'm sure back in the days when earth was agreed to be flat by all authorities, people were arguing very much the same against any other shape proposed, without having any first hand experience about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   

With no faces. LoL

I wish Byrds account was true Terpene as much as the next man, but its just wishful thinking.

When were the days that our Earth was deemed flat by all authorities?

Even the ancient Greeks and Mesopotamians knew the approximate shape of the planet aka a globe.

There is no denying her dimensions, especially so in this day of age.

Like i suggest science is the best tool we have at our disposal that will allow us to attempt to understand our universe.

If you have another system of though or ideology in mind that does the same job or better, im all ears?

Think about where humanity would be without scientific progress, no modern day medicine, no industrial revolution or renaissance period, and we certainly would not be able to communicate in the manner we now are without science and technology, not even any electricity.

The world would be a far darker place to exist without science put it that way.
edit on 15-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
ATS nails the debunking again... apologizes for missing the original thread

hell while I don't recall seeing the original thread though the last 2 weeks have been hectic. Perhaps I did see a mention and it has been buried in my subconscious since this story Operation Highjump is one of my favorites

I did see on the tweet a podcast asked if they post the pics and interview the poster.

Might have to look that up and see if the podcast continues with the ruse, or if they debunk it. I'd rather bogus info get debunked and yes new and available technologies make it even easier to fake.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The world would be a far darker place to exist without science put it that way.

It certainly would be a very dark place and for one thing we wouldn't be talking to each other using electronics and software used in these devices.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Funny to think about, wonder if someday AI will bring to light dark arks of knowledge that were never meant to see the light of day. Like man shooting himself in the foot with his own toys.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mammothtank

I asked an AI image generator today to draw me a blue print of a free energy device

It gave a nice thing back, wanted to show it, but somehow i can't upload to ATS today.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant
Amazing. We should be careful though with such things, AI could truly become to our detriment.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I said to Alexa "Open the pod bay doors, Alexa".

She replied "I'm afraid I can't do that Dave".

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

lool

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We need to send Elon Musk a tweet and tell him to go explore Antarctica and put this question to rest once and for all. He has the money just create an expedition.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

Hasn't it already been thoroughly explored?

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mammothtank

Try it!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join