It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real threat to democracy

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Please remember this is not the Mud-Pit. Surely we can discuss this in a reasonably courteous and intelligent manner. If you disagree, say so. Tell us on what point and why.

My aim is to keep this short and to the point, but it is a convoluted topic I’ve been stewing on for a while now and I don’t know if I can do it justice without input. My hope is to get the discussion started, and for my fellow members to add their thoughts on the topic. That said…

If you are of a conservative, or even moderate leaning, and you are on ATS, you likely already know the form of government in the United States is a republic, “constitutional republic”, or as some call it, a “representative republic” (I won’t argue the semantics in this thread). We know this because the constitution says in Article 4, Section 4…

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

The importance of knowing this cannot be overstated in my opinion. It has been discussed at length many times on ATS over the years. As well, democracy and its meaning have also been discussed at length. Not to “beat a dead horse”, but it is important to understand that a pure democracy is majority rule, whether directly by the people or through representatives.
Note: The word “democracy” is nowhere to be found in the constitution.

In my lifetime, the democrat party has spent an inordinate amount of time and money to put the word democracy in the mouth of every American, and for the most part, they have succeeded. From grade school children to the working class, the media, and even from some republican politicians, you will hear the word democracy in their conversation when they are referring to our form of government.

Why?

In order to understand why, I think we must first try to understand the democrat leadership’s thinking on democracy. Since the U.S. uses a democratic method of electing representatives, the democrats want to further this methodology into governing the country, replacing a nation of laws which protect individual rights as well as collective rights, with a “representative democracy” in which the “representative majority” (the democrat party), reign supreme by the “will of the people”.

This is why to be a democrat is to be pro-democracy, and only those who are pro-democracy can be democrats. The threat to democracy is the threat to the pro-democracy party. A republican government is "illegitimate" because they are pro-republic, although that has come into question lately with at least some of our republican representatives.

This is why it is not Donald Trump the man that is a threat to democracy, it is the ideology he has engendered in the "MAGA movement". Whether or not they are his ideas is irrelevant, he has engendered such, and that is a threat to the representative democracy the democrats hold dear.

I think this has always been, and is presently, the endgame for the democrats, and they will do whatever it takes to achieve a one party system in which they ARE democracy, and their agenda will go unchallenged.

The real threat to democracy is the republic.
edit on 9/14/2022 by Klassified because: grammar and last line

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
One has only to look at California to see the model for it.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

It may have been the goal for some of them at one point.

But it seems more like it's a means to an end now. They want a single party communist style tyranny. Where where any dissent is illegal because it's a "threat to democracy"

Of course only the Party leaders will get any kind of benefit. The rest of us will own nothing and like it while eating our bugs.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Make no mistake, the malicious intent behind the sloganeering of "threat to our democracy" wasnt happenstance.

Its meant to "other" any dissent. Now, without being hyperbolic, weve seen how well this ends throughout history.

What made America great was setting aside petty differences to achieve a more perfect union.

The Bill of Rights and the Constitution were our guidelines and shield from the exact govt we have.

Democracy simply doesnt scale well, as the founding fathers knew.
edit on 14-9-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yeah the democrats are definitely not advocating democracy. I see you point though.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Make no mistake, the malicious intent behind the sloganeering of "threat to our democracy" wasnt happenstance.

Its meant to "other" and dissent. Now, without being hyperbolic, weve seen how well this ends throughout history.

What made America great was setting aside petty differences to achieve a more perfect union.

The Bill of Rights and the Constitution were our guidelines and shield from the exact govt we have.

Democracy simply doesnt scale well, as the founding fathers knew.

This is why I think it is of great importance that those of us who are constitutionalists need to re-energize the word "republic" in this country. The public has bought into the democracy" hook, line, and sinker without knowing the meaning and the implications of the word they are using.
edit on 9/14/2022 by Klassified because: add

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
One has only to look at California to see the model for it.

Agreed. It is fast becoming a democrat "utopia".

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Cmon maaan!

I came up with the catchphrase "our republic is a threat to their democracy!"

Well, i probably heard it somewhere....but still!

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The real threat to democracy is political parties

I get so tired of seeing everyone blame the left or the right

For every horrible lefty politician I can name a horrible righty.

Pelosi, Mcconnel , Biden, Grahm , Schumer , Romney,

They are not RINOS and DINOS they are Americans in name only..

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Cmon maaan!

Maybe you're the one I got this from then...
The Republican's may be a threat to their democracy, but they are a threat to our constitutional Republic.

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: cashisking
The real threat to democracy is political parties

I get so tired of seeing everyone blame the left or the right

For every horrible lefty politician I can name a horrible righty.

Pelosi, Mcconnel , Biden, Grahm , Schumer , Romney,

They are not RINOS and DINOS they are Americans in name only..

"The real threat to democracy is the republic."

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It may have been the goal for some of them at one point.

But it seems more like it's a means to an end now. They want a single party communist style tyranny. Where where any dissent is illegal because it's a "threat to democracy"

Of course only the Party leaders will get any kind of benefit. The rest of us will own nothing and like it while eating our bugs.

Exactly. You got it. Their democracy opens the door to a single party rule in which they become the "representative majority".

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Cmon maaan!

Maybe you're the one I got this from then...
The Republican's may be a threat to their democracy, but they are a threat to our constitutional Republic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   

If Biden’s dumpster fire administration stays on the path they are on, we might not have a republic or a democracy left to haggle about.
They are well on their way to destroying this country.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Shes right and I wish leaders and would be leaders would quit cowering away from it

Our Republic is a threat to their democracy.

And their democracy should be terrified.

Exactly.

Maybe they would be terrified if they had some real opposition from the other side of the aisle.

BTW, I like yours a lot better, so I'm going to borrow it for my sig for a while.
edit on 9/15/2022 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Democracy is mob rules. The largest group with the biggest voice calls the shots. That's a great system if you want to have a mob mentality to abuse the rights of smaller groups and individuals.

Causes of Mob Mentality
In order to understand this better, social psychology gives these causes.

Deindividuation—when people are part of a group, they experience a loss of self-awareness.
Identity—when people are part of a group, they can lose their sense of individual identity.
Emotions—being part of a group can lead to heightened emotional states, be that excitement, anger, hostility, etc.
Acceptability—behaviours that are usually seen as unacceptable become acceptable when others in a group are seen carrying them out.
Anonymity—people feel anonymous within a large group, which reduces their sense of responsibility and accountability.
Diffusion of responsibility—being part of a group creates the perception that violent or unacceptable behavior is not a personal responsibility but a group one.
The larger the group or crowd, the more likely there will be deindividuation and diffusion of responsibility.

Of course a manufactured majority can be used, so there no need for any kind of true majority of useful idiots to have tyrannic control over the masses.

www.psychologytoday.com
edit on 15-9-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

top topics

join