It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So went to the doctor and she said I may have have a stone or obstruction in a bile duct

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
She scheduled me for an ultrasound on Thursday, and she acted like she is doing this out of an abundance of caution, she did mention GERD which is what I'm hoping the symptom roulette hits on, tried the cabbage juice and it seemed to help transient pain go away. The thing is I has acid reflux for a while but really haven't had frequent episodes for years. On top of Ive had my gallbladder removed for 2-3 years, so what should my other concerns be and until I get the ultrasound are there some other remedies I should try?

As well as though I mentioned almost all the other stuff I occasionally take which she didn't sound too concerned about including low-dose aspirin

Any ideas? the cabbage juice does help but the gas production is off the charts and GasX doesn't seem to have an effect, only Baking Soda.

FWIW I'm already got milk thistle tea, with honey and lemon, and giving that a shot.

PS. no worries about me trying something just based on recommendations here I always do my research, and regular internet searches have nothing on the quality of content that ATS has given me over the years. But it is nice to narrow it into 3-4 options instead of ads and youtube hokum.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

There are two really basic things you can do, if you're not already doing them, that may help.

1. Don't go to bed too soon after eating or drinking.
2. Raise the head end of the bed about 4-5 inches.

edit on 13 9 2022 by myselfaswell because: I had to update my awesome medical advice.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Apples (tangy) supposedly can help break up stones

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

My prayers first and foremost.

As many of you know, I quit drinking 1.5 years ago. I did not know how much my body aches. Years of amps and ramps is taking their toll. When I wake up, I am sore.

So I use Kratom. It is a powder of a tree root. You can get it in head shops, online, gyms, and other places.

I take 3g in the morning, 2g at dinner and 2g if I am working late. I don't feel the pain go away, I just don't hurt.

I have introduced it to a few hands, and it amazes them how well it works.

Check to make sure it is legal where you live. There are those who take a lot, 8 to 10 grams at a time to hallucinate...supposedly.

It does not have a pleasant taste, so get them pre capsuled. There are different variations on them, so do your research.

www.drugs.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sour cream.

Gerd, sliding hiatal hernia, gallbladder removal....

Sour cream. Was close to getting a magnetic ring.

Lost weight and stopped drinking entirely now.

Sour cream will only help temporarily till Your Doctor decides what may be best.

I also ad lemon juice to my water to keep the kidney stones down, this does not help acid reflux.

Go easy on the antacids.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

This ^

I told a cardiologist that I had serious acid reflux and gas .
He went and got his wife who was a world renowned dietician.
Told me to raise the head of the bed just slightly .
Me , I thought "horse manure" but tried it anyway .
Worked like a charm .

edit on 9/13/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I have to agree with your doctor; it's good to know what you are/aren't dealing with.
I had my GB removed decades ago, yet occasionally experience symptoms similar to a GB attack. Ultrasound showed my bile duct is nearly closed off. If it closes completely, it will be emergency laparoscopic surgery. There aren't any home remedies that will correct the problem.

It's always good to know for sure what you're dealing with so you can make informed decisions.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It does work, as well as rolling into your left side.

Do as the doctor suggest.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Gothmog

It does work, as well as rolling into your left side.

Do as the doctor suggest.

I did , for one year .
Absolutely no spells for 20 years now .

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I had this and it was removed. They put you to sleep and take it out through your mouth.
You go home the same day.

Don’t mess around with remedies, get it removed if needed.
You’ll feel nauseous after but that’s about it.

Use remedies after because whatever caused the stones will still happen.
Ox bile and digestive enzymes are a good start.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

There are two really basic things you can do, if you're not already doing them, that may help.

I can do that at least I have an adjustable bed, will definitely try that tonight. Don't really eat after 8 anymore but I do drink water and tea and will try and limit it

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

My prayers first and foremost.

As many of you know, I quit drinking 1.5 years ago. I did not know how much my body aches. Years of amps and ramps is taking their toll. When I wake up, I am sore.

So I use Kratom. It is a powder of a tree root. You can get it in head shops, online, gyms, and other places.

I take 3g in the morning, 2g at dinner and 2g if I am working late. I don't feel the pain go away, I just don't hurt.

I have introduced it to a few hands, and it amazes them how well it works.

Check to make sure it is legal where you live. There are those who take a lot, 8 to 10 grams at a time to hallucinate...supposedly.

It does not have a pleasant taste, so get them pre capsuled. There are different variations on them, so do your research.

www.drugs.com...

Thanks my friend, this is the second time Ive heard about Kratom but it is illegal here last I checked. Will research this though

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Sour cream.

Gerd, sliding hiatal hernia, gallbladder removal....

Sour cream. Was close to getting a magnetic ring.

Lost weight and stopped drinking entirely now.

Sour cream will only help temporarily till Your Doctor decides what may be best.

I also ad lemon juice to my water to keep the kidney stones down, this does not help acid reflux.

Go easy on the antacids.

Well, that's good to know if the pain gets too bad, FWIW it doesn't feel too bad though 2-3 days ago it was pretty bad overnight and it's what led to the doctor's visit to begin with. Ive heard conflicting reports about sour cream isn't it bad for acid reflux?

Been a virtual teetotaler for a while now and don't take antacids at all, Doctor suggested Prilosec which we have and I'll use in a pinch

but definitely will do whatever the doctor suggests after the ultrasound.
edit on 13-9-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I had this and it was removed. They put you to sleep and take it out through your mouth.
You go home the same day.

Don’t mess around with remedies, get it removed if needed.
You’ll feel nauseous after but that’s about it.

Use remedies after because whatever caused the stones will still happen.
Ox bile and digestive enzymes are a good start.

Yea I had my gallbladder was removed 3-4 years ago, it's the last time I'll put off surgery. I had one doctor suggest getting it removed but t I waited till the third attack, never again. They said mine was in bad shape, but they did the laparoscopic surgery.

Have been reading about purified bile salts and will mention this to my doctor, meant to today and completely forgot. LOL, and my sis has been talking about the digestive enzymes forever and the doctor agreed if it isn't blocked now. I probably need to look into them

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I have to agree with your doctor; it's good to know what you are/aren't dealing with.
I had my GB removed decades ago, yet occasionally experience symptoms similar to a GB attack. Ultrasound showed my bile duct is nearly closed off. If it closes completely, it will be emergency laparoscopic surgery. There aren't any home remedies that will correct the problem.

It's always good to know for sure what you're dealing with so you can make informed decisions.

Yep, when I feel like crap like this I won't mess around, the gallbladder attacks were the worse pain Ive ever had, and Ive had 3rd-degree burns and lost digits in accidents as well as stitches galore. After my 3rd one I was in the operating room the next day

PS thanks everybody for the answers and suggestions, helped me get to bedtime and I'm gonna try the raised bed.
edit on 13-9-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I can do that at least I have an adjustable bed, will definitely try that tonight. Don't really eat after 8 anymore but I do drink water and tea and will try and limit it

A Doctor told me decades ago, in the time before they were drug pushers, that I was doing the damage at night. I'm not saying it's exactly the same thing as you may have, but at the least it'll take the pressure off.

Your bed will need to be able to adjust from the hips up otherwise it won't close off the stomach. All I ever done was put two house bricks under the head end of the bed, not particularly sophisticated, but it worked.

edit on 13 9 2022 by myselfaswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Sour cream helps me, may not be the same for others.

Plan water room temp sipping just enough over night works quite well now. If an attack is bad enough I'll sit up and stand, then sip some water. It gets it down.

I can only say what's working for me. Losing weight and no alcohol has played significantly for me.

Blood pressure also has finally dropped remarkably.

But still make sure nothing else is going on with you.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

A Doctor told me decades ago, in the time before they were drug pushers, that I was doing the damage at night. I'm not saying it's exactly the same thing as you may have, but at the least it'll take the pressure off.

Your bed will need to be able to adjust from the hips up otherwise it won't close off the stomach. All I ever done was put two house bricks under the head end of the bed, not particularly sophisticated, but it worked.

Yep not a problem already got it setup. I can be a tosser and a turner just need to be aware and adjust according

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Are you using fresh cabbage or boiled cabbage for the juice. I can't eat much raw cabbage, but I go through three heads of cabbage a week making soups...but I personally only eat maybe a half head equivalent myself a month, the daughters and their kids get most of the soups. I don't have a gas problem with boiled cabbage juice, just raw cabbage. The first run to make the broth of the soup boils with the bones for about four hours, then it is only a hour to an hour and a half for the final soup to be made out of the broths. I don't put as much cabbage in the second batch. Cabbage has quite a bit of oxalates if eaten raw, they are usually kidney stone forming, boiled cabbage does not have nearly as much oxalates.

I took milk thistle for about six months, but the pills I got from the coop also contained blessed thistle in them. I learned that blessed thistles are not that good for guys, my chest grew. The girl who recommended it at the register had a nice rack and she steered me to that type.....I definitely noticed how well endowed she was. But I never made the association, I was mesmerized by her and she could have talked me into buying anything. I gave the rest of the big bottle to my oldest daughter who shared them with her daughter who was around sixteen, they were pleased with the results from them.

I do have milk thistle supplements in stock, but I have not opened the bottle, their best buy date is in twenty three, but I guess they can last for years after that for emergency use.

Taurine does approximately the same thing as milk thistle in the liver but also can help the kidneys somewhat. Thistle doesn't help the kidneys according to what research I have read.

I guess that bile duct stones are usually cholesterol based stones. The thistle should help with some of that somewhat. The lemon juice and honey with that might help somewhat,

I personally know someone who was diagnosed with bile duct and gall bladder issues and before getting her gall bladder removed she found a recipe and it worked great. It doesn't mean you have the same issue though. For the first ten days she drank 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water twice a day. After that she drinks 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a half teaspoon of lemon juice in a quarter glass of water about once a week and the problem stayed away since then. It has been about a year and no more problems. No surgery either to remove the gall bladder. She did not make any dietary changes at all because she does not eat that much fats other than eggs and she did not change that.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Apples (tangy) supposedly can help break up stones

Yes, Pectin

Lot s of Pectin.

Foods rich in Pectin: Pectin is a dietary fiber that binds cholesterol in the stomach and helps in its removal from the body. Since cholesterol is one of the major causes for gall stones, eating pectin-rich foods helps reduce the risk of gallstones. Some foods that are rich in pectin include citrus fruits, strawberries and apples.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

A combination of chenodeoxycholic acid (C.D.C.A.) and citrate has been shown to dissolve calcified cholesterol gallstones in vitro. Patients with calcified or large gallstones were treated with a combination of C.D.C.A. and citrate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join