It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the type of monster in the Loch Ness that attacked St. Columba?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffTannen

Evolution? A theory. But its laid out as if it were an actual fact; a blueprint.

A scientific theory is obviously very different to what you think it is...
Scientific theory

When was Loch Ness formed..
Scottish Museums

Loch Ness is situated south west of Inverness on the Great Glen fault line, which divides the Grampian Mountains from the Northern Highlands. Loch Ness was formed approximately 10,000 years ago, towards the end of the last Ice Age, when the Great Glen was filled by a huge glacier.

At the same time as Loch Ness was formed, the glacial erosion along this line of weakness carved out Loch Oich and Loch Lochy. The three freshwater lochs form one of the finest examples of glacial scouring found along such a fault. Earlier seismic activity along the fault line had produced a shatter belt of rock and the ease with which the erosion could move this accounts for the precise shape of Loch Ness. The U-shaped valley, which is home to Loch Ness and the Great Glen, is one of the greatest glacial troughs in the British Isles.

edit on 22-9-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I always thought that Loch ness had deep under water caverns which lead to the sea
allowing the beast to come in and out of the loch

but its probably not real despite numerous sightings

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I always thought that Loch ness had deep under water caverns which lead to the sea

I think that idea was invented as a means of explaining how a large marine reptile managed to get into a cold freshwater loch without anyone seeing it swim up the (relatively shallow) River Ness (that runs through the centre of Inverness) - obviously with all the other absurdities inherent in such an idea being conveniently ignored.

There is certainly no geological reason, or even possibility, for such mysterious tunnels or caves to exist. Very much the opposite!
edit on 22-9-2022 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew
that area of Scotland is known as the great glen fault so there is definitely some plate tectonics going there
so there could be underwater lava tubes that cooled and formed tunnels to the sea

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

The River Ness connects Loch Ness to the sea at its northern end.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Evolution? A theory. But its laid out as if it were an actual fact; a blueprint.

Scientific theory

Scottish Museums

Loch Ness is situated south west of Inverness on the Great Glen fault line, which divides the Grampian Mountains from the Northern Highlands. Loch Ness was formed approximately 10,000 years ago, towards the end of the last Ice Age, when the Great Glen was filled by a huge glacier.

At the same time as Loch Ness was formed, the glacial erosion along this line of weakness carved out Loch Oich and Loch Lochy. The three freshwater lochs form one of the finest examples of glacial scouring found along such a fault. Earlier seismic activity along the fault line had produced a shatter belt of rock and the ease with which the erosion could move this accounts for the precise shape of Loch Ness. The U-shaped valley, which is home to Loch Ness and the Great Glen, is one of the greatest glacial troughs in the British Isles.

Agreed!

In my 57 years I've formed the view that science is in itself a sort of belief system run by power and position hungry high priests. Some of the most miserable, vile, pejorative people I've ever come across sniff down at those who are not of the same arena, just how it all really is.

Yeah, I believe at best, we as a race, are BRILLIANT IDIOTS. History underlines that point. In spades.

If my comments have upset anyone I would not in the least bit be surprised. Academia has yet to solve the problem history keeps underlining.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffTannen

originally posted by: Kurokage

Scientific theory

Scottish Museums

Agreed!

In my 57 years I've formed the view that science is in itself a sort of belief system run by power and position hungry high priests. Some of the most miserable, vile, pejorative people I've ever come across sniff down at those who are not of the same arena, just how it all really is.

Yeah, I believe at best, we as a race, are BRILLIANT IDIOTS. History underlines that point. In spades.

If my comments have upset anyone I would not in the least bit be surprised. Academia has yet to solve the problem history keeps underlining.

A careful examination of facts.

Perhaps

Unless it fails to fit in with the narrative. Then it likely becomes the suppression of findings contrary to the accepted narrative. And there are a hundred ways to do it. The threat of shame among peers is usually a good one, and all that comes with it thereafter. Its amazing how fast most will back down when the idea of less grocery money and the loss of position end up on the table.

I don't dispute the ideal behind science is examination bent on understanding. But there is a hierarchy and power structure of sorts formed around the arena of science. I have absolutely no doubt that things such a pride, a need to control and ensure the continuation of that power exists around that arena.

Ice age? Not sold. Water was involved, no doubt. Dating method, questionable. More work needed, but what do I know? I'm not of "the body".

Coelacanth?

History points towards something very unusual living in the lochs of Scotland and Ireland. To date that mystery (a mystery that has confounded generations over 1500 years or more) has not been solved. Our tech has shown us something is there, if even only intermittently. Pictures and sonar images suggest that we have yet to fully put a finger on what we feel we are so sure of.

Eyewitness reports vary; long neck, no neck, slug-like, camel-like, frog-like, a mane, a horse head, virtually no discernable head, etc.

A shape-shifter? That borders on the fantastic

That sound more like science fiction. But some hold to events that have played out before them.

I think it goes possibly to the realm of the unseen and not so easily measured quantifiable forms we like to work with.

What if science lacks the scope for such things?

I think we are being toyed with

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Regarding "science"...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join