It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F35C Faceted Skin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Twitter Thread Link

First we saw F22 with a chrome skin job, now we see an F35C with a similar thing going on. If I remember correctly conclusion on the F22 was that it was testing sensor-integrated skin for NGAD, I wonder if this is the same? Perhaps for F/A-XX? I'm also curious about the selection of F35C. Perhaps the extra wing was required to maintain flight characteristics with the added weight?

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
be careful wha t you post here

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

???

I don't think that the OP said anything that's not available from publicly available sources. What to be careful about?

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
be careful wha t you post here

lol it literally came off twitter?

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkpr0

Clicking your Twitter link yields

Age-restricted adult content. This content might not be appropriate for people under 18 years old. To view this media, you’ll need to log in to Twitter. Learn more

Not sure if this is Twitter being authoritarian or if your link points to a different subject matter. Maybe copy/paste the material you want to share here directly?

It'll be a cold day in Hell when I log in with a Twitter account.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

might be test ceramic stealth tiles

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Age-restricted adult content. This content might not be appropriate for people under 18 years old. To view this media, you’ll need to log in to Twitter. Learn more

Not sure if this is Twitter being authoritarian or if your link points to a different subject matter. Maybe copy/paste the material you want to share here directly?

I have a "stealth" Twitter account looked at the link. I does have the age restricted warning. The first post says:

A F-35C with diamond shaped skin, making an appearance over Naval Base Ventura Country.

Following is a blocked image with the caption:

The following media includes potentially sensitive content.

With trembling fingers I clicked the "view image" link. There are ... publicly available images of the airplane.

Go figure.

Once again ...

:
edit on 2022 9 07 by incoserv because: What's it to ya?

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I didn't get any warning.

I'm banned from twatter for calling out commie pedo groomers.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

It's not the Twitter, but the account in which uploaded the pics. It's age restricted because the original source has other (not related) content on their account that's considered inappropriate.

I have to use my email to look however.
Nothing super secret. As soon as I get ATS Page 5 photos page to quit crashing my phone, I'll post them.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I got 6 other pics that I can't get uploaded.
Please fix ATS. It's like trying to use a dial phone trying to be the 5th caller during a radio contest trying to get my phone to refresh and link with ATS.

Like calling a radio station trying to beat other callers in order to view, load anything on ATS.

edit on 7-9-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Star, not so much for the photos (though cool) as for the comments regarding uploading images to ATS. I recently posted about this very issue and received a helpul reply.

Try this link. It's been slow to load, but it usually works.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That's pretty cool. Also good shot of the inside of the wheel well.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I got 6 other pics that I can't get uploaded.
Please fix ATS. It's like trying to use a dial phone trying to be the 5th caller during a radio contest trying to get my phone to refresh and link with ATS.

Like calling a radio station trying to beat other callers in order to view, load anything on ATS.

Use this link to upload photos. Click past the https warnings.
img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thanks, link won't load. But you've helped where I couldn't.

Thanks so much again.

For what it's worth, I've got 8 high quality downloads.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

No problem. You can also try using postimg.cc... to upload the pics and link that here.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The facets of the edges of the tiles seem to follow the primary angle of the engine intake. I assume that in a stealth aircraft if you need edges you should have them have the same angle so that there is only one small angle of radar glint vs many different ones.

This says to me that there is still some radar involvement with the tiles. The question is then why tiles? Perhaps the substance cannot be manufactured in a defect-free manner in larger areas and cutting into smaller tiles and testing them lets them select only the good ones and recycle the failures.

It's also possible that these tiles are good for low observability in other bands (IR?) and have to be arranged this way to preserve radar low observability as well.

join