It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST create an Acct to Buy something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I absolutely hate having to create an online acct just to give someone my money. Latest issue is Walmart.

Any time I've purchased from them, I always bought as a "Guest" to avoid Acct creation, and all went well. Until yesterday. The option to buy as a Guest is GONE! I contacted Support, who told me they were doing a site update and the option would be back in just a short while. Well, now over 24hrs, and I still cannot buy without being forced to create an acct.

Is it just me, or do others out there despise creating these accts just to buy something?

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

Double taxation coming your way. It's called " personal property tax".
In Japan we already have a "city personal people tax ". No exemptions to this . Maybe handicap or disable is exempted , not sure about that though since there are 2 catagories (sp).

I don't live in the States, so what you are saying you can't buy now without permission?

edit on 0900000041572022-09-04T19:57:41-05:00574109pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hang in there. You'll get through this.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Why are you doing business with Walmart?
That's messed up dude.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Why are you doing business with Walmart?
That's messed up dude.

I don't buy a lot there, but it's cheapest place to get pet foods & a few other things & get them delivered for free. But I'm not registering an acct with them just to do that!

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   

If only there were large buildings full of merchandise, we could go in with cash and leave with things that we wanted to buy. 
edit on 4 9 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

If only there were large buildings full of merchandise, we could go in with cash and leave with things that we wanted to buy. 

That's what I normally would do. But since this dang covid thing has come along as an excuse for supply chain bottlenecks, sometimes when you go in these big buildings, they don't have what you want to buy. I don't have time to keep hitting stores looking to see if items are there, so that's why the occasional online purchases.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yeah, I was just yankin' your chain dude.
The place in Tennessee I moved from featured Walmart as the only option.

They pretty much get all your billing info off cc purchases anyway, I think.
Either way. Yeah, I feel your rant. Very annoying.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Yeah, I was just yankin' your chain dude.
The place in Tennessee I moved from featured Walmart as the only option.

They pretty much get all your billing info off cc purchases anyway, I think.
Either way. Yeah, I feel your rant. Very annoying.

All is good

That's another thing though - I always use PayPal for online pmts, although not sure if that is much better. Walmart accepts that, but, if a merchant doesn't accept PayPal, that's a deal breaker too

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Last I heard, you can't join ATS without a social media account anymore.
Good luck with that fight.

I had to cancel my PayPal account from back when they were new, last I used them they auto populated a shipping address I deleted from them six years prior. They refused to admit they had it on record.

The best you can do is spend the money on an email service that lets you do a catch all, and sort out the spam yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
I absolutely hate having to create an online acct just to give someone my money. Latest issue is Walmart.

Any time I've purchased from them, I always bought as a "Guest" to avoid Acct creation, and all went well. Until yesterday. The option to buy as a Guest is GONE! I contacted Support, who told me they were doing a site update and the option would be back in just a short while. Well, now over 24hrs, and I still cannot buy without being forced to create an acct.

Is it just me, or do others out there despise creating these accts just to buy something?

If COVID taught me one thing, when I buy online I try and do so on eBay because Walmart sucks and I hate Amazon too. If you can't do those. I try and go to whatever company direct. Yes its inconvenient and you mostly have to set up an account, unless they do Paypal but you can also do a prepaid card as well, which helps in the security too if you ask me

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I did curbside pickup with everything for 2020 and 2021. I just didn't want to go into the store and play covid precaution theater with everyone. But I've been going into the stores ever since they stopped the social distancing and mask stuff. They all seem to have everything one could want and more.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

They all seem to have everything one could want and more.

Must be my area, but you never know what the stores are going to be out of from 1 week to the next, but rarely can I get everything on my list.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

PayPal hit me with $2000 I didn't charge, auto withdraw from my acct bouncing crap all over....

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

You don't need em to create acct. Tons of us...have/use NO Fakebook, Instacrap, Tic Tacky, Linked-in nothing...Wiki whatever is user generated...and we're in the 10's of 1000s...who don't...use any..none soc media.

*ATTENTION DTOM! Can you plz clarify this? Thnx

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

PS I guested Amazon yesterday. I used to hv an acct. Yesterday...needed nothing...just credit and shipping info...as a guest.

I also took trial, signed up for Netflix/Disney plus (again, the wife)... and thought I'd mess w them.

I've a new acct in the name of Gottgetit Cheeper...need no act info just was I paying w acct#, credit card, PayPal.. shipping.

I
edit on 09223230America/ChicagoMon, 05 Sep 2022 08:47:32 -050047202200000032 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well it's just like the online sites which will not accept PayPal as payment -
only because when you use PayPal to pay, you are withholding your personal info, PayPal handles it all.
And these sites are desperate to hang onto us, and our private information, which is frightening.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I joined ATS not long ago, I have no social media, just email, and I created a yahoo mail just for ATS.

I create 'throwaway' accounts with vendors online... deal-breaker for me is anything wants to install an App on my side...nope go # yerself I shall find another option 👍

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: GlobalGold
.... but you can also do a prepaid card as well, which helps in the security too if you ask me

I'd definitely think Pre-paid card would be even better than paypal, only downside is extra fees & not as convenient. Although 1 pre-paid card I tried once let me use it with 1st deposit on it, but to add more money later, guess what? I had to create an acct & give them my contact info! I just hate that everyone wants our info!

I've heard of some real nightmares people have had with paypal - a few have been posted here. Thankfully, so far, I have had good luck with them.
edit on 5-9-2022 by GlobalGold because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join