It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Earth Have Once Harbored a Pre-Human Industrial Civilization?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: Hanslune

I gave you a star, but your link is broken, and I'd like to read it before commenting about your post content.

works for me

www.scienceworld.ca...

Its a map that shows the age of the crust in various parts of the earth the oldest part of the crush we dates back 4.4 billion years and before life began.
edit on 31/8/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents here but assuming said ancient civilizations existed the best places to find artifacts would be outer space. If they managed to become spacefaring there could be caves on the Moon, Mars, and other bodies that could be filled with artifacts. Also the Black Knight satellite would be something to look at as well.

Could you imagine the fuss that would be raised if NASA released pictures of an obviously manufactured object laying in the Martian desert from one of the rovers?

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm not so sure there was a pre-human intelligent civilization because primates are pretty socially unique animals. It's the way they interact with each other and family, how they form tribes so to speak.

There are no reptiles that do that. There's other furry critters that do like meerkats or prairie dogs, but thats about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

I wouldn't be so sure that lizards aren't social animals.

I remember seeing a huge social gatherings of geckos all hanging out on the shed one night for some sort of conference.

That seems pretty social to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Cool but they dont live and hunt together, they dont share and stay with their offspring. They must've been mating.

For all of our progress in every way imaginable, we've had to work together. I'd imagine this has had a profound, exponential effect on our intelligence level over hundreds of thousands of years.

I feel like we've reached a hard spot in the road where a mass culling is going to take place within the next few hundred years or less.
edit on CDT02Wed, 31 Aug 2022 02:45:59 -050000000008b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Didn't the guys who put forward the theory say that there was a layer that showed all the industrial pollution signs? either way, the theory would only work if as a human you regarded all other lifeforms on the planet as sentient and equal. Which might be the truth. It is a hard pill to swallow that your dog or chimpanzee has the same thoughts going through their head as you. I mean you think that if your language is English you think that you are thinking in English. But that might not be the case. How would you know. That it was just a symbol for a thought pattern that would be there anyway if you did not have language. Many animals beside us use tools, Ravens think and are good at problem-solving, It might be that they are happy in the trees and don't need to industrialize. But we are naked apes and can no longer live without industry and have no real niche.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I could quite believe it, the earth has been here for a very long time, and our species has existed in what can be considered the blink of an eye or better the twinkle of a star.

I remember reading on forgotten languages in one of their articles/blog posts that humans were nothing more than biological machines placed here to terraform the earth.

for what purpose I am not sure.
I wouldnt surprise me at all if the earth held many such civilisations in its time span.

scots myth speaks of a race of people from the earth the Daoine Sithe the faeries, people of peace.
Apparently they live in the earth and are just waiting to come out.

Also the king of the world living in Shambhala will return with his armies to crush the darkness

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
I still believe there are several inner earth species that exist in our time frame of evolution. Some are advanced, some are not.

I think you'd be interested in "Dave vs The Monsters" series of books. Totally off the wall and funny as hell.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Interesting. That geode immediately suggests one of two things, our dating methods need revision and possibly even our concept of the different ways rock is formed and molded, or the metal is evidence of ancient advanced metallurgy.

To the OP

Could the 15 degree increase in temperature have been the purple dawn of creation period? When the world was abundant and bathed in the plasma sheath of a protective red dwarf.

A bountiful garden of paradise knowing no season.

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I love the inner earth and all the fey stories about what lives in and under our surface world.

Shambala is cool.

a reply to: sapien82

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

There were pre adamic civilizations. Reptilians are among them. However the modern depictions and perceptions of aliens etc are totally misaligned from reality.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Hey yeh , i am fascinated by these stories , all ancient cultures had an innerworld or underworld of sorts.

If you are interested in Shambhala then check out Nicholas Roerich exploration to find it he wrote a few books about it

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I will, I’ve read enough to whet my palate for more
thank you.

a reply to: sapien82

Started at the book depository website And then uncovered this gem.

I Just discovered Kissinger publishing. Purveyors of Rare and hard to find books.

www.kessingerpublishing.com...

I’m off to puruse, any recommendations? My obvious first read in the cart is Shambala

edit on 31-8-2022 by Dalamax because: Stoked

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Lovely and exciting story, but I am afraid the odds of a pre industrial race like us is low.
According to newscientist.com there will be detectible traces of humans until the end of earth.

So I guess we would have detected traces of past industrial civilizations by now if there was any.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

good shout , always nice to find an online archive of such things
even archive.org has some good stuff in there

my personal recommendation for archive.org is " the technochemical receipt book"

there is also another site for books

www.forgottenbooks.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
those interested in the subject might like the book 'Timeless Earth' by Peter Kolosimo

www.goodreads.com...

used copies are available

he investigates discoveries of out-to-time objects, among other things.

I have zero belief in any subterranean societies
I do wonder what's buried under the ice in Antarctica

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well, I wasn't fishing for a star, but any time i see mention of climate change or global warming or the impending anthropogenic ice age (they can't seem to get their story straight) there's a knee jerk reaction. Very much llike when I see somebody using the acronym for Minor Attracted Persons.
edit on 2022 8 31 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if another advanced civilization existed. The time scale of earth is so large that multiple civilizations could have existed for thousands of years at different points in time and the earth scoured clean any evidence of existence.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The idea there was a previous civilization human or otherwise doesn’t need to tie into the “climate change” politics that’s popular today.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And? That’s just an opinion piece.

originally posted by: Spacespider

Lovely and exciting story, but I am afraid the odds of a pre industrial race like us is low.
According to newscientist.com there will be detectible traces of humans until the end of earth.

So I guess we would have detected traces of past industrial civilizations by now if there was any.

www.newscientist.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join