It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regardless of actual truth, would one rather there be or not be some kind of Supreme Being?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I believe proof of such a being could, or at least should, be the ultimate unifying factor for humanity. Question then becomes what that is at least in the area of omnipotence qualifies one to make such a claim, obviously along with that which would clearly qualify as proof.

Never forget "teamwork makes the dream work." I believe there is a likely polytheistic aspect of the unknown/unseen that is seemingly most likely egregiously overlooked. I have a substantial enough history of unexplained experiences of which I can in best conscience abstain from being more specific.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Plunkenstein

We don't have a choice in the matter and the great thing is, we all get to find out within around 100 years of being born.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

We don't have a choice in the matter and the great thing is, we all get to find out within around 100 years of being born.

Do we? Or do we just get recycled back into this sh!thole?

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
Even if that were the case, somebody would have to be responsible for and/or in charge, eh?

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Jesus, Alfred, count the dead. Thousands of people. What's next: millions? He has the power to wipe out the entire human race, and if we believe there's even a 1% chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty.

I'm not saying he's absolutely right, but I also can't say he's absolutely wrong.

Your turn, OP. Define "supreme being".

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Jesus, Alfred, count the dead. Thousands of people. What's next: millions? He has the power to wipe out the entire human race, and if we believe there's even a 1% chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty.

I'm not saying he's absolutely right, but I also can't say he's absolutely wrong.

The only being who could/can sufficiently define himself/herself/itself, beyond what we mere terrestrials have articulated. (Easy peasy).

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Even if that were the case, somebody would have to be responsible for and/or in charge, eh?

How very human of you.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Yes. But do we actually get to meet them on the other side?

I’m 100% certain we reincarnate here. The question is, do we get a break from the madness between lives?

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plunkenstein

The only being who could/can sufficiently define himself/herself/itself, beyond what we mere terrestrials have articulated. (Easy peasy).

So you're throwing a completely amorphous and ambivalent agency out to the class for evaluation and then you're going to pretend it's a simple matter to solve for X? More like sleazy queazy.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yes , and there is Proof that a Supreme Being used an " Intelligent Design " to Create the Universe we Currently Reside in . Order from Chaos does not Happen by Chance I Believe....

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

So you're throwing a completely amorphous and ambivalent agency out to the class for evaluation and then you're going to pretend it's a simple matter to so nolve for X? More like sleazy queazy.

Sorry for the easy cheesies, caginess, but I have strong reason to suspect the actual process of actually revealing the biggest secret ever is an unmistakably collective effort, beyond a mere fluke or impulse of mine on a public forum, and again, I can't be more specific. It's something similar enough to a Prime Directive identity, trust me. Or if no such trust, I guarantee I can speak with a clear conscience.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Am compelled to admit I have contacted the local (TV) media via email multiple times regarding one certain repeating unexplained manifestation. So far (of course) no reply.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yes , and there is Proof that a Supreme Being used an " Intelligent Design " to Create the Universe we Currently Reside in . Order from Chaos does not Happen by Chance I Believe....

That wasn't the issue. The issue is: REGARDLESS of the TRUTH, would you rather there be one or not? "Is it true or not" is a different question.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So you're throwing a completely amorphous and ambivalent agency out to the class for evaluation and then you're going to pretend it's a simple matter to so nolve for X? More like sleazy queazy.

Sorry for the easy cheesies, caginess, but I have strong reason to suspect the actual process of actually revealing the biggest secret ever is an unmistakably collective effort, beyond a mere fluke or impulse of mine on a public forum, and again, I can't be more specific. It's something similar enough to a Prime Directive identity, trust me. Or if no such trust, I guarantee I can speak with a clear conscience.

The existence of an "unstoppable force" which is what I derived from your use of the term "supreme" implies the existence of an "immovable object" which disproves its supremacy by virtue of two equal and opposing factors asserting their respective dominance. This contest demands one of two outcomes: annihilation, or partnership. To put it simply, there is either a supreme agency that will destroy everything to preserve itself, or an equitable society that values the opportunity above the probability.

In a sentence, anything absolute must absolutely conquer or absolutely succumb.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The question is, do we get a break from the madness between lives?

According to the beliefs of those who follow the reincarnation theory we join our 'group' or 'tribe' off-world and review our lives to see if we attained they goals we set out to learn-for as long as we like/need to.
When we have identified the lesson we need to learn, we choose our next life and the parents that will best benefit our soul growth.
Once our soul has 'matured' enough we can rise above the earth plane and no longer need to reincarnate.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

According to the beliefs of those who follow the reincarnation theory we join our 'group' or 'tribe' off-world and review our lives to see if we attained they goals we set out to learn-for as long as we like/need to.
When we have identified the lesson we need to learn, we choose our next life and the parents that will best benefit our soul growth.
Once our soul has 'matured' enough we can rise above the earth plane and no longer need to reincarnate.

Yes, this is the nice and fluffy way of belief. It’s what I believed for 20 years. I’m just not so sure the process is so forgiving. The further down the rabbit hole I go, the more it appears that we are in essence ‘trapped’ here.

I most certainly hope we get to choose our parents. Because a persons parents has the most influence how an individual turns out. Which also has me very confused about why I supposedly chose mine….

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

On this I've always wondered:
For those mass murderers/Holocaust-makers out there... Did they fall waaay short of their soul lessons, or did they set some really heinous soul goal? And if it's the first, did they choose the wrong parents or just what?

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'd rather there not be; it would make things considerably easier. Because if there were one, I think a lot of us would have questions that would not so easily be answered. "It's all according to the plan." Oh really? Kids with cancer fit into this plan? War, suffering, famine, the Kardashians, etc. I would want to know what kind of jacked-up being thought up this failed experiment.

That's why it's so much easier without one.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

On this I've always wondered:
For those mass murderers/Holocaust-makers out there... Did they fall waaay short of their soul lessons, or did they set some really heinous soul goal? And if it's the first, did they choose the wrong parents or just what?

As I understand it, our time on earth is to learn lessons in order to move on to the next level of existence. Pass your lessons, you raise your vibrations. Spend you life feeding earthly desires via a life of corrupt and your vibration lowers. At a certain point, ones soul vibration gets to low to inhabit a human body and make it function. End of the road; no paradise for them!

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Yes, this is the nice and fluffy way of belief. It’s what I believed for 20 years. I’m just not so sure the process is so forgiving. The further down the rabbit hole I go, the more it appears that we are in essence ‘trapped’ here.

I most certainly hope we get to choose our parents. Because a persons parents has the most influence how an individual turns out. Which also has me very confused about why I supposedly chose mine….

That's where the whole Karam thing comes in. Did you hate people of a certain nationality? You may choose to reincarnate into that ethnic group in the future to understand them and overcome that negative aspect of your nature.

If you is born into an abusive family they have a choice; be the person they swore they'd never be, or learn a more positive way of living life.

It takes the idea of personal responsibility where you are here to learn and raise your vibrations. If you have harmed or in any way negatively impacted others that Karma will give you a lower vibration to work with and raise.

Apparently, there's no room for negative emotions if the next level of existence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join