It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump moves closer to getting a ''special master''

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
frontier.yahoo.com...

A federal judge in Florida told the Justice Department on Saturday to provide her with more specific information about the classified records removed from former President Donald Trump's Florida estate and said it was her “preliminary intent” to appoint a special master in the case.

The two-page order from U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon signals that she’s inclined to grant a request from Trump’s lawyers, who this week asked for the appointment of an independent special master to oversee the review the records taken from Mar-a-Lago and identify any that may be protected by executive privilege, and to ensure the return of any documents outside the scope of the search warrant.

It also appears, according to this news release, that the judge will issue issue a decision next Thursday giving the DOJ time to raise objections to the judges inclination.

If this moves forward, I guess there will be mud slinging over who that ''special master'' will be.

Any wishes folks? Possibility of some one unbiased? Who could THAT be?

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I'll take a shot. I don't know why but the name "Jeff Sessions", former U.S. Attorney General, immediately came to mind.

edit on 27-8-2022 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Given how long this has gone on, they should have had this worked out previously.
Nothing but partisan political bs.
Interesting who cheers on civil rights violations these days.
Or perhaps not.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kimish
I'll take a shot. I don't know why but the name "Jeff Sessions", former U.S. Attorney General, immediately came to mind.

Or Vindman. He has the security clearance and background.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
As if they haven't gone thru them already.

We'll just take their word for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
frontier.yahoo.com...

A federal judge in Florida told the Justice Department on Saturday to provide her with more specific information about the classified records removed from former President Donald Trump's Florida estate and said it was her “preliminary intent” to appoint a special master in the case.

The two-page order from U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon signals that she’s inclined to grant a request from Trump’s lawyers, who this week asked for the appointment of an independent special master to oversee the review the records taken from Mar-a-Lago and identify any that may be protected by executive privilege, and to ensure the return of any documents outside the scope of the search warrant.

It also appears, according to this news release, that the judge will issue issue a decision next Thursday giving the DOJ time to raise objections to the judges inclination.

If this moves forward, I guess there will be mud slinging over who that ''special master'' will be.

joe rogan.

or andrew klavan.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish

OMG. What a choice huh? There would be wailing and a gnashing of teeth over that choice.
Man, that would be Emmy caliber TV right there .

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well
They have a tv producer on staff already for that Jan 6th tv show bs….

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26651206]sarahvital[/post.

Joe Rogan, yeah. The perfect Ringmaster for the circus this will be.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=26651206]sarahvital[/post.

Joe Rogan, yeah. The perfect Ringmaster for the circus this will be.

ok, russel brand or mark levine.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I've never heard of a special master. Is that something I can get if the fbi ever comes after me or is it just for rich elites?

Just calling it a "special" master oozes rich privilege.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

No one. And he could use that to his advantage. If it's a lefty he can say bias. If it's a righty half the voters will say bias meaning the special master can just be bias. Why not? Their being accused of it anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

In the law of the United States, a special master is generally a subordinate official appointed by a judge to make sure that judicial orders are actually followed, or in the alternative, to hear evidence on behalf of the judge and make recommendations to the judge as to the disposition of a matter.

I don't know what Trump is hoping for here. Probably just another stalling tactic to slow down the process.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   
How about just not having his civil rights violated again?

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

You’ve really outdone yourself tonight Terry
Now go sit down and be quiet.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

and to ensure the return of any documents outside the scope of the search warrant.

He should definitely get those magazine pages and dinner menus back. Definitely.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

I definitely support Andrew klavan for special master/bald purveyor of truth and knowledge.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Since the past shows how someone who hated Trump, or was proven to be a betrayer of trusts was chosen to mediate, or whatever for all the proven witch hunts against him, someone this time should be picked that truly LOVES him. That would be fair right?, Well, not really, it wouldn't put a dent in the 100 times since the person chosen was always against him, but it would be a start right?

He deserves a long string of wins, otherwise known as fair and just outcomes for once.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: scraedtosleep

In the law of the United States, a special master is generally a subordinate official appointed by a judge to make sure that judicial orders are actually followed, or in the alternative, to hear evidence on behalf of the judge and make recommendations to the judge as to the disposition of a matter.

I don't know what Trump is hoping for here. Probably just another stalling tactic to slow down the process.

Yeah, he's just trying to impede the progress of these witch hunts and fishing expedition marathons.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   

A trump appointed judge....
Could've guessed that....wait I did and turns out I was correct.
BAPF as usual by both parties.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join