It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted Sex Offender Working As A Counselor At Middle School: Fairfax County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Appears the police made the "former" school superintendent aware but they decided to ignore it or sweep it under the rug. The current superintendent says they were unaware of the previous police notifications and has finally fired a sex offender who also seems to get busted for soliciting prostitutes that are not minors as well.

Fairfax County Public Schools employed a middle school counselor AFTER he had been convicted of a sex crime involving a minor and was on the sex offender registry.

Police say they notified the school in 2020 of the arrest. He was working there until now.

gettr.com...

Former FCPS superintendent was notified about counselor's sex crime arrest: police

www.msn.com...

Chesterfield County Police arrested Thornton in 2020 for solicitation of prostitution from a minor. Their records indicate they notified the FCPS superintendent at the time via email on Nov. 20, 2020.

That email was sent a day after Thornton's arrest on Nov. 19. Reid was not the superintendent at the time.

Chesterfield County Police also said they notified FCPS when Thornton was arrested again on June 9, 2022. That arrest was related to solicitation of prostitution and “frequenting a bawdy place."

7News has also learned that Thornton is listed on the National Sex Offender Registry as of June 21, 2022.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The current superintendent says they were unaware of the previous police notifications

Maybe because it happened so long ago? C'mon, it's been over a year!

7News has also learned that Thornton is listed on the National Sex Offender Registry as of June 21, 2022.

That was almost two months ago! Give 'em a break. What do you expect from these schools?

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I thought registered sex offenders where not supposed to be around children. This offender needs to be locked up if so.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I'm not sure the school is much to blame here.

The email from authorities came in before the new superintendent came in. There's a few obvious problems inherent with that.

Then the guy just got on the registry in June of this year.

Dude should be locked up for clearly violating restrictions and likely intent to offend again.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

From the LIBERAL-DEMOCRAT perspective, Mr. Thornton is making progress. He's now soliciting adult prostitutes, instead of the teen girls.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

From the LIBERAL-DEMOCRAT perspective, Mr. Thornton is making progress. He's now soliciting adult prostitutes, instead of the teen girls.

Your right! He must be cured.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

How is this even possible? They background check people.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
I thought registered sex offenders where not supposed to be around children. This offender needs to be locked up if so.

I think it depends on the nature of the conviction. In our small town (less than 400) we have a registered sex offender who became the towns pastor two years ago. The offenses he was found guilty of were coercion of female inmates when he was a corrections officer, and he's able to offer vacation Bible school and other programs for the kiddies throughout the year.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Grifter public servants only hustle to protect their gig or to get that next shining incentive.

Everything else gets phoned in.

The pedo isn't the only one who should be fired, imo.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If you have the right politics do you even think they would care if they have the right politics?

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
WHat? So the old superintendent doesn’t do a Hand over with the new superintendent? Or even leave a message or note about the convicted sex offender offering counseling to the students?

a reply to: JinMI

Strange by design.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I don't know, I assume not as benefit of the doubt.

I could very well be wrong and it was simply overlooked for...reasons.

Suppose it would make sense to actually ask the old super if they knew and start there. Just going by what was presented and didn't do any digging.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If I was investigating I would most likely do as you said.

a reply to: JinMI

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   
That's a bit like making an arsonist being the head chief of the firefighter brigade.

How many fires (sexual abuse) will that person let go unnoticed to protect fellow arsonist and themselves?

One with a sane mind does put people like that into position of trust and power, hell, not as a counselor, that's the icing on the cake of wokeness.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Chesterfield is the Richmond area - state capitol.
Anyone surprised here?

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Not Always .
I was a Janitor for 6 Years at a Middle School.
No Background Checks on me and also a Lot of Teachers.
Don't have a clue why but that's the way it was.

originally posted by: grey580

How is this even possible? They background check people.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

I find that odd. At least in FL teachers are required to submit fingerprints for a background check.

www.teachercertificationdegrees.com...

top topics

join