It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Vine show discussing a British Hum in the next hour BBC Radio 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Jeremy Vine show discussing a British 'hum' some time between now and 2pm GMT

Vanessa Feltz covering for Jeremy Vine on BBC Radio 2 while he is away on holiday

Always been fascinated by the hum conspiracies. Heard some strange hums before, read plenty of hum threads on ATS and elsewhere. My theory is another species upto something beneath us, basically connected to UFOs.

Need to go out on deliveries so can't write more but a fascinating subject and proper ATS

* Would love to post a link yet as the BBC like you to register first it might be easier to find it on a an internet readio type search. The link anyway......... www.bbc.co.uk...:bbc_radio_two
edit on 18-8-2022 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Dont know if you have heard of it before but the "Taos Hum" might be of some interest.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Fascinating subject.

Never actually heard anything that could ever be considered The Hum.
One of the possible explanations suggested is simply naturally occurring background noise.

I was born partially deaf in both ears but wasn't actually diagnosed as such until adulthood.
Three or four years ago after non-stop nagging from Mrs FB I finally went to get my first, and so far only, set of hearing aids.
When I came out of the shop after the fitting I was immediately struck by the overwhelming background noise, something most people learn to filter out as a child, but it was something I'd never experienced in my 50+ years.
It really was an uncomfortable and disorienting feeling - I stood still gazing around on the busy High Street literally dumbstruck for around two or three minutes.

For various reasons I rarely wear my hearing aids.

I only mention that as a possible explanation of how unexpected naturally occurring background noise can affect people.

I don't know enough about the subject to give a reasoned and/or qualified opinion.

Anyway, I first heard about 'The Hum' after listening to this song on the Revelations album by Killing Joke back in '82.
(Any excuse to post anything by the excellent Killing Joke.)

edit on 18/8/22 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Notes from resident:

Holmfield Hum
Village near Halifax
Started after start of first lockdown
Worse at weekend
Hear it over fan and Alexa at 5am in the morning
Starts after tea (about 5pm)
Thinks its a factory
Hear it in Bradshaw (half a mile away)
Council investigated, and exhausted efforts.

edit on 18-8-2022 by Moohide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

What kind of factory's/heavy industries are in the surrounding area?

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Me and the missus here this all the time, we both have exceptional hearing too.

It's so strange, it emanates from the ground it seems because sometimes you can feel the ground vibrate.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Cheers mate. Just got back from delivery missed the main part what a bummer lol!

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Know where you coming from on the hearing aids FB. Quite amazing the background noise when using them. Totally awesome with the music post too

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
That's about th eonly bit I caught in the van Moonhide
being some resident's guess it was a local factory. Going to listen to the prog again on Iplayer if it on there

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This wee video is quite interesting pertaining to some of the world's unexplained sounds.

edit on 18-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Vibrating ground? You have any mines around your way Joneselius? Maybe quarries? Heard something like hum blimey maybe two decades ago near Buxton. Strange noise. Asked a local part time worm farmer for his opinion he said lots of folk hear it. Lot of quarries around there.

Only been to Halifax drive through it no nothing of the local industries around there.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
we are in Glasgow , at crosshill / mt florida

both myself and my partner hear a low hum at night
normally I rule it out as a diesel engine , taxi idling at the layby across the street or network rail doing late night work on the nearby rail
however sometimes when I check out the window and notice no taxi idling and no workers on the rail line
its a really low bass hum that seems to be coming from nowhere

i have ruled out the bio/recycling plant at polmadie
however there are other places nearby it could be , but it seems as if its not coming from there
I dont know many industrial businesses in the area that are allowed to operate into the night

we are both sure its not coming from a near by facility and sometimes you can feel a vibration
I think there are some sort of underground rail networks or tunnels or something in the area

edit on 18-8-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

If you are near the train tracks aka Crosshill Station might be electrical hum from the overhead lines.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Right... does anyone outside a pair of knitting needles watch/pay attention to this drivel # showshow?

Who listens to Jermemy Vine? 'God Almighty Ted'

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

There's so many scammy businesses that operate when they shouldn't. I'm guessing lots of illegal textile operations around Halifax like one gets in leicester maybe something to do with it. The railway line is a good one too
Getting memories now and it's possibly a real one of hearing a similar buzz when tenting near Chapel on the Frith when young, there was a railway line nearby and we kept hearing some noise coming from its direction yet trains no visiable we put it down to ghost trains back then.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bella1
Right... does anyone outside a pair of knitting needles watch/pay attention to this drivel # showshow?

Who listens to Jermemy Vine? 'God Almighty Ted'

Ok fair doooos Bella1. It better than listening to radio 1 all day when at work it gives us something to think about. Quite like the subjects some good some not so. Prefer Jeremy to Fetzy though

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Look what can I say? Daytime TV is as toxic as bad food.

Please don't do it. It's mind numbing propganda...you are better than this.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

aye Ive thought it was that before But I know that sound , and its defo not electrical hum from the lines
I can hear that separate from the other hum , its deeper sounding bass
and its not coming from the rail lines , I can see the rail lines right from my window

its just there sometimes and sometimes not , its normally at like 2am to 4am

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

HAH I wouldnt be surprised if it is local business operating out of hours

I just cant seem to pinpoint its location , but its always a deep bass hum like its coming from under the house

my mrs is right into urbex and tunnels and suggests there are underground tunnels in the area
but I dont agree , but who knows

top topics

<<   2 >>

join