It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Vil Eat Zee Bugs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As we all know, The World Economic Forum says we will be eating a lot of insects in the future. The media lap dogs have taken the ball and ran with it as well, almost like paid WEF sponsors, asking why we don't eat more insects. Celebrities are all getting in on the act as well. It's an amazing idea with one small caveat: there are substances in insects like chitins which can make humans sick.

Chitins are an inflammatory pathogen and can cause allergic reactions. They can cause all sorts of health conditions including some rare forms of cancer. This is why humans don't eat insects unless they are forced to due to poverty. We aren't designed to eat insects and can't digest them properly. It's almost like the WEF didn't do any safety studies or at least they DGAF if insects are bad for you or not. They have zee protein and calories so just eat them and shut up.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yet when they went at this year's Davos meeting many of the elitists, politicians had eaten expensive steaks for dinner.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Eat bugs?
You must be CHITIN me!

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0
Winston Churchill (in the opening chapter of The River War) says that locusts, when fried, taste a lot like shrimp.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I'm not planning on eating any bugs, but here are a few out of a dozen or so studies along the same line.

Human gastric juice contains chitinase that can degrade chitin

Chitin digestibility is dependent on feeding behaviors, which determine acidic chitinase mRNA levels in mammalian and poultry stomachs

Study says humans can digest bugs, assuming they want to

Evolution of Acidic Mammalian Chitinase Genes (CHIA) Is Related to Body Mass and Insectivory in Primates

An investigation into the digestion of chitosan (noncrosslinked and crosslinked) by human colonic bacteria

I'm not saying that you should eat bugs if you don't want to, but some people can digest them just fine.

Lemme guess, funded by the gates foundation or wef.

Enjoy your roach burger.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I have far too much money to have to eat a roach burger.

I could debunk just about every single one of your threads if I felt like it, but that would involve actually caring.
edit on 17 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I have far too much money to have to eat a roach burger.

I could debunk just about every single one of your threads if I felt like it, but that would involve actually caring.

Go for it. I could also do anything I wanted as well, but I'm too lazy.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

but I'm too lazy.

and that is why you will probably be eating bugs.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I hear Cricket Flour is All the Rage Today , and Most People Do Not Even Know that they are Eating it Right Now , Waste Products and All..........

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

and Most People Do Not Even Know that they are Eating it Right Now

Exactly. Processed foods often include all kinds of stuff that people wouldn't touch if they knew what those words used in the ingredients list actually mean.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

ALWAYS Read the Label . By Law , they Have to List them on the Label even if you Need a Electron Microscope to Read them ...

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I just avoid most processed foods in general and try to cook from scratch using whole food ingredients.
edit on 17 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm sure I've eaten many bugs, but never on purpose.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

The Only Time I Ate Bugs was when I was a Wittle Kid , and it was Only on a Dare.....*)

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I've noticed that they're trying to say that humans have a history of eating bugs. What they won't tell you is that it's for the very same reasons that North Koreans eat grass from time to time.

And as for historical consumption of bugs, I'm pretty sure these aren't bugs.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

There is a reason why Human ancient ancestors weren't consuming bugs.
edit on 17-8-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The proper way to eat a cockroach is roasted over burning dung. That traitor blackface trudeau will probably make us use hibachis

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I wouldn't touch honey, its made by insects, you know!

Also, berries, raisins, cinnamon, pepper, fruit juices, canned tomatoes, mushrooms, frozen vegetables, pasta, coffee beans, peanut butter, and chocolate usually contain significant amount of insect matter.

Also:

"There are, however, some flying insects that walk on all fours that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground. Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper." (Leviticus 11:21-22)

and:

“Now John himself was clothed in camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey” (Matthew 3:4)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join