It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Browser's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
God! I'm having alot of problem's with my browser right now, and have already uninstalled the 'Black Vault' one, now I got this crapy 'Microsoft internet Explorer' which is still giving me hell.

so has anyone got any better ones, that i can down load instead?

Any idea's people?

blackwidow

Ps: There isnt one for ATS is there? so why dont we have one for ATS????

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You can use any browser you want...

The good ones (or most frequently used) are:

Netscape Navigator/Communicator
MS InternetExplorer
Opera Browser

Try 'em... let us know which one you like best.

Peace,

MrFreeze

Addition:

Most browsers supplied by internet providers are modified versions of the above mentioned browsers.

[Edited on 19-7-2003 by MrFreeze]

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thanks lov, will let you know which I go for!

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Mozilla, which is the open-source version of Netscape (without some of the bloat and worthless features), is quite good. you can download it free at www.mozilla.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yup, I'd go for Mozilla.
The opera browser is free, but you have to register it online to get rid of all the banners and nastly stuff like that. Opera is also a bit slower with loading pictures.
But don't trash IE, some websites can only be viewed correctly with IE. Some have a lot of _javascripts in them, which 9 out of 10 times are not netscape & opera compatable

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Mozilla is great.

Zion is right... over all it's probably best to use MS internet exploder.... simply because a lot of people write websites specifically for internet explorer... The standards Microsoft uses for internet design differ from the "official" standards... Thus the other browsers might encounter problems on some or a lot of websites.

Opera is a very good alternative as it emulates an internet explorer... (i.e. it tells website that you are using internet explorer) but like zion said you have to enter a registration code to remove the banner.

So... if you don't want to use Internet Explorer... then my first choice would be Mozilla then Netscape and Opera...

There are loads and loads of other browsers out there... www.downloads.com has a nice selection of alternative browsers... but if i were you i'd go for one of the above mentioned browsers.

Peace,

MrFreeze

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks guys, am going to have a good look at which one will suit me the best for my work!

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
MrFreeze

well I downloaded Mozilla and am not getting on with it either, its slow to load and my ATS site is very slow in loading, the site wont load properly and is freeze framing when I move down a page.

Any suggestions?

Nice one's please!!!!!!

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
BW, Mozilla is very fast. Perhaps you need to reboot. What OS are you using?

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Opera.

Blocks all the pop-ups

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrFreeze
Mozilla is great.

Zion is right... over all it's probably best to use MS internet exploder.... simply because a lot of people write websites specifically for internet explorer... The standards Microsoft uses for internet design differ from the "official" standards... Thus the other browsers might encounter problems on some or a lot of websites.

Opera is a very good alternative as it emulates an internet explorer... (i.e. it tells website that you are using internet explorer) but like zion said you have to enter a registration code to remove the banner.

So... if you don't want to use Internet Explorer... then my first choice would be Mozilla then Netscape and Opera...

There are loads and loads of other browsers out there... www.downloads.com has a nice selection of alternative browsers... but if i were you i'd go for one of the above mentioned browsers.

Peace,

MrFreeze

Try Avant Browser works just as Opera and its free

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Avant is awkward. No reason to download it. Mozilla does a stellar job of blocking pop-ups.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
thanks guys, will try and do my best

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
MrFreeze

well I downloaded Mozilla and am not getting on with it either, its slow to load and my ATS site is very slow in loading, the site wont load properly and is freeze framing when I move down a page.

Any suggestions?

Nice one's please!!!!!!

blackwidow

Hi blackwidow,

Sorry i haven't responded sooner.. (having some problems at home and can't use the internet as much as i'd like to).

If speed is a problem for you with all the browsers you're installing you'd need to give me / us some more information on what kind of computer and operating system you're using (amount of memory, processor speed, windows or macintosh system... things like that).

Then i could give you good and accurate advice... otherwise it's like fishing in the dark for us... (could be any kind of problem).

Peace,

MrFreeze

P.S. if you have an old computer try using an older version of mozilla or netscape (netscape 4.5). That might speed things up a bit.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That's good advice, however, where do you get old versions of software? I know there are some sites out there, but I don't know them.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
On the (above mentioned) download sites.

Netscape has all it's older versions of their browser stowed away on an ftp server... it's not an easy search but it can be found on the netscape.com website.

As for the rest... probably the same as netscape... otherwise search the net with google... you'll probably find some sites that have older versions stowed away on ftp or web servers.

Greetz,

MrFreeze

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Mr Freeze

thanks bab. will have to get back to you though as im off to bed now, but will drop u a line in morning!

thanks guys!!!!!

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
OPERA 6.04
OPERA 6.04
OPERA 6.04
OPERA 6.04
OPERA 6.04
OPERA 6.04
OPERA 6.04
OPERA 6.04