It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Fun

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   
How does a global warming activist explain the sea levels falling – “it is due to the heavy rain and flooding in Australia during 2010 and 2011”

www.theguardian.com...

Hope you guys enjoy the heatwaves in the Northern hemisphere. Based on our winter in the current Southern hemisphere winter you should be in for a massif cooling

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   
not sure what's more implausible these studies or the guardian.. what about the effect of other floods or are they just blaming Australia..

but then questions like that would leave the guardian torn between blaming drought on Brexit or accepting the aquifers have not fully discharged since the 2015 floods and groundwater flooding is still an issue in southern England in winter.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

What heatwave? It's been a cool summer here on the Oregon coast. I think everyone is lying about how hot it is.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

been nice here in southern England about time we had a nice summer though living in an area liable to ground water flooding it'll take a couple more of these years for the aquifers in southern England to discharge the excess from the 2015 floods, it takes around a decade to filter through the chalk back to the rivers..

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Hmmm. Actually I'm pretty sure it's because less fat people were swimming in the sea.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Been a lot of flooding in QLD, NSW, and Victoria this year. I think brisbane got hit twice three months apart.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Send all these old Nazi bastard climate cry babies on an all
expense paid for by Elon Musk one way ticket to the sun.
Where the seasons don't change.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   
al goore said antartica would be melted by 2014 looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

What heatwave? It's been a cool summer here on the Oregon coast. I think everyone is lying about how hot it is.

Europe is going through a massive heatwave and large part of the UK are now officially in drought conditions. Walking on the local golf course is like walking on very dry straw. With the exception of the greens, the grass is dry & dead.
Oregon =/= the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

been nice here in southern England about time we had a nice summer though living in an area liable to ground water flooding it'll take a couple more of these years for the aquifers in southern England to discharge the excess from the 2015 floods, it takes around a decade to filter through the chalk back to the rivers..

How're you coping in that hosepipe ban that's spreading over Southern England?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

no hosepipe ban here? The geology of the SE is of greensands and chalk aquifers mixed with large deposits of oil and gas which is why I've never watered my grass and why it's still green, that's a positive of the chalk matrix in summer but a pain in winter, I've had to lift a lot of my plants 30cm to stop the roots sitting in water and rotting..

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
But that's one of the problems. People die of thirst but all the golf courses and bowling greens are lush.

People have to understand Australia is a country but more importantly it's a continent.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Im in Washington, and the summer seems pretty much the same. random hot days and average between 70-83.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: tamusan

Europe is going through a massive heatwave and large part of the UK are now officially in drought conditions. Walking on the local golf course is like walking on very dry straw. With the exception of the greens, the grass is dry & dead.
Oregon =/= the rest of the world.

I was being sarcastic, and I do know that. I had lived in the UK for several years and still have some friends there.
edit on 14 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2

How does a global warming activist explain the sea levels falling – “it is due to the heavy rain and flooding in Australia during 2010 and 2011”

www.theguardian.com...

Hope you guys enjoy the heatwaves in the Northern hemisphere. Based on our winter in the current Southern hemisphere winter you should be in for a massif cooling

I'm not sure of your point here nor am I going to speculate. Thank you for the fine information and link.

I think the article you cite clearly states:

"It is a beautiful illustration of how complicated our climate system is", says John Fasullo, of the US National Centre for Atmospheric Research. "The smallest continent in the world can affect sea level worldwide. Its influence is so strong that it can temporarily overcome the background trend of rising sea levels that we see with climate change."

A single incident within a trend is interesting but insufficient to generalize from.

top topics

join