It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant 3D Cat and Dog in Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The Japanese sure know how to make advertising interesting but Tokyo is knocking it out of the park at the moment , these 3D cat and dog displays are really next level and need to be seen to be believed.

Giant cat in Shinjuku,Tokyo.

Giant 3D dog leaps across Tokyo billboards

How cool is that !

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A vision of the future....from the past

Now if they could just do planes next we could solve the 9-11 riddle

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

These are great! hadn't seen them before...

Did you see the Godzilla one? And the Resident evil one?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Did you see the Godzilla one? And the Resident evil one?

Not yet but I will check them out.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I saw many of these from Asian countries on TikTok,
I had no idea they also have them in NY and London now, so many different ones on youtube

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The Godzilla one wasn't a hologram.......,

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd say that Philip K Dick would roll in his grave except that he saw this coming. We can see examples of that as far back as Blade Runner, which of course was made into a movie long after he wrote the book

This was a running warning of his that urban areas at least would be inundated with high-tech advertising gimmicks to amuse and entertain the public so as to facilitate the shift towards a population of consumers.

In studying the evolution of the advertising industry, we can see numerous sea changes. One of course was when it shifted from just providing information about a product to not only providing information but coercing the viewers to purchase the product.

Then came the moment when the industry realized that the product didn't even need to be promoted. All that was necessary was to provide entertainment, even if it had nothing whatsoever to do with the product itself. Just provide a little picture that could get the watchers to ''relate'' to the characters or be amused by them and just the mention of the name of the product would later remind them viscerally of the ''happy'' feelings they had from watching the commercial.

It's all a very sick industry and if I had my guess, which of course I do, is a, if not the major one then at least a field of battle between our struggle for independent thought and the hive mind that threatens us all.

And never forget, sing with me now,, ''At McDonalds, we do it all for you..........''

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Those are very entertaining. I love the dog one.

I will have to check out some more of them.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Have to agree there mate, it's sad. It's sad that this is even being talked about, but unsurprising, as it seems at least 70% of the population have been lobotomised. It's the very corporations that are going to bury this planet while turning it into a giant prison whom are creating these sparkly distractions, just to make people buy sh!t, and what do people do ....... oh look everybody, dolphins.

Cartoon by Jason Patterson.
edit on 12 8 2022 by myselfaswell because: added cartoon to explain the comment for those that have never seen the cartoon, from1957.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

It's a bit sad when you can't enjoy fun stuff because "real life" , we don't have to be 24/7 getting angry about "important" stuff because in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter , stuff will still happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
I had no idea they also have them in NY and London now, so many different ones on youtube

Good heavens! Just think of what this would do to a little child's mind! We're going to have to put blinders on our little ones' eyes when out in public!

The dog one is awfully cute, but monsters? Seriously?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Yeah, seriously. Just like the brothers Grimm, which were REALLY grim originally before the do-gooders and worry-worts censored them into watered down versions "more appropriate" for children who might be frightened of the horrible monsters, etc. The thing is, the originals were INTENDED to frighten, but modern parents were too freaked out and concerned for their kids' fragile psyches. Just another version of "woke" and dumbed down culture.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

The Godzilla one wasn't a hologram.......,

those are not holograms.

3D is just an illusion, because you look at the display at an angle and expect the perspective of the screen's surface to match, while the image is specifically made to fool you into thinking it's 3D when seen at such an angle.

it's just like with pavement 3D art, only this is computer generated video.
edit on 12/8/2022 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

According to a recent essay published by researchers from Harvard, the University of Montreal and MIT in Aeon Mag, 77 per cent of all marketers and advertisers plan to use “dream-hacking” techniques to begin invading our dreams with advertising within the next three years.

A core topic of the essay was the recent Molson Coors beer marketing campaign, where the company offered free beers to people in exchange for taking part in a “dream incubation study,” as reported by American Craft Beer.

The dream study had participants watch a short marketing video that included talking fish, hypnotic visuals, mountainous landscapes and dancing beer cans, resembling something out of a wild PCP trip.

Subliminal messaging was outlawed on TV and in movies. It will be interesting to watch this new craze evolve. You'd have to be awfully naive not to see every aspect of society is being planned and directed from the highest leadership.

In the lab, scientists have already pioneered methods of altering the content of our dreams, albeit in a very basic way.

Ethics of dream hacking
Still, to prevent companies from even contemplating this sort of strategy, Stickgold and Haar insist policy steps should be taken soon.

“We believe that proactive action and new protective policies are urgently needed to keep advertisers from manipulating one of the last refuges of our already beleaguered conscious and unconscious minds: Our dreams,” they wrote.

[strangesounds.org... l]

[bigthink.com...]

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

Good heavens! Just think of what this would do to a little child's mind! We're going to have to put blinders on our little ones' eyes when out in public!

I guess you're right,
Hadn't actually thought about that at all, since my kids are grown.... It would've scared the hell out of them when they were little

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That's what I thought (more or less) when I saw that video.

If we have movie rating we should also have adverts rating.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No one remembers Blade Runner or GITS? That's the future for the denizens of major cities. Locked up behind walls around the city for their safety, and overloaded with advertisements that get people to spend all their time and money on seeking pleasure from corporations.

new topics

top topics

join