It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prairie Provinces Rejects Trudeau's Starvation Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

While Trudeau can go on playing as a puppet to the World Economic Forum and kissing their butts even if it hurts Canadians, not all politicians are willing to support his moves, not when they are so senseless and dangerous to the well being of Canadians.

Unlike Trudeau who obviously thinks from somewhere that isn’t his head, these politicians have weighed the pros and cons of the situation and decided to throw their backing on farmers. These politicians understand that a reduction in the core component of fertilizers used in Canada would hamper the optimum production of food in our country. And at these trying times, we need to produce as much food as we can.

Yes, I am talking about the premiers of the prairie provinces. The prairie provinces are regarded as the breadbasket of Canada and it is from these provinces that most crops produced in Canada are gotten. These provinces are Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Previously, Trudeau’s plan for a reduction in the nitrogen oxide content in fertilizers to 30 percent was condemned by farmers who argued that a reduction in that significant component of fertilizers would hamper crop yield.

Now, the politicians governing the farmers in these provinces have shown solidarity with them against Trudeau’s plan. Recall that Trudeau himself has been warned about moving forward with his fertiliser reduction policy but, being who he is, Trudeau stubbornly disregarded the advice he had received and is pushing ahead with his policy.

More good news at least. Hopefully it's not just theater.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
How do Canadians get this guy out of office? Sorry , I’m not familiar with Canadian politics. How long are you guys stuck with this tool for?

This guy is a bigger tool than Biden. At least Biden get to blame everything on the orange man
edit on 7-8-2022 by Enduro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'll say again, what's with these chemical fertilizers?????? Before they came along farmers were quite able to feed nations, there was no mass starvations. But it's not about feeding the nation is it? It's about maximum profit, higher crop yields so we have extra to sell.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
this is what is happening in Sri Lanka. college-educated politicians think they can make agriculture better. or greener, without comprehending the consequences.

I'm guessing Canada is like the USA in which a handful of big-city states have the electoral pull to rule the rest of the country.

wouldn't it be great if those provinces could secede and join the USA. (six more Republican Senators?!)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro
How do Canadians get this guy out of office? Sorry , I’m not familiar with Canadian politics. How long are you guys stuck with this tool for?

This guy is a bigger tool than Biden. At least Biden get to blame everything on the orange man
I'm not Canadian, just thought I'd share this , as this has been happening globally

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro

3 more years

The only way to get rid of this spoiled protected trust fund baby, is for the conservatives to get their sh$t together

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Justin Trudeau’s overlords in China once had a guy who tried to “improve agriculture” using methods based solely on political theory and not on reality.

Long story short is tens of millions starved to death. You’d really think they’d talk him out of this one. Maybe they just don’t like him and want to see him fail, which to be fair is quite understandable.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Justin Trudeau’s overlords in China once had a guy who tried to “improve agriculture” using methods based solely on political theory and not on reality.

Long story short is tens of millions starved to death. You’d really think they’d talk him out of this one. Maybe they just don’t like him and want to see him fail, which to be fair is quite understandable.

perhaps you're referring to USSR's Lysenko.
great communist, poor scientist.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I'll say again, what's with these chemical fertilizers?????? Before they came along farmers were quite able to feed nations, there was no mass starvations. But it's not about feeding the nation is it? It's about maximum profit, higher crop yields so we have extra to sell.

Times have changed. Everyone's cost of living has gone up and we have masses more bills to pay than ever in the past. Same for farmers.

Were they feeding nations back then when there was less interest on their land purchases, less property tax, less farm related bs hoops to jump through like farm status applications? Fuel was taxed less? Farm goods sold locally with less restrictions such as government rubber stamp slaughter fees? New rules banning second houses on massive farms that traditionally housed family members or hired staff who also worked the farm and now these rule necessitate renting another house elsewhere? Sometimes that maximum profit is just circling back to the government and is not ending up in the pockets of the farmers. Not the smaller farms and I'm sure the big agri collective corporations will find a workaround and be somewhat exempt the fertilizer rules, further destroying small farms which I think is the plan having been on the inside of it for years.

Not saying farmers couldn't do without fertilizer but there are so many factors involved. The main one is that it simply cannot happen overnight when the farms that currently feed us are set up for fertilizer use. If this is an ethical decision made for the land, then farmer's might go for it given enough time to adjust. It's the virtually overnight, do it or else, attitude that will cause failure.

new topics

top topics

join