It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Something Happening with Seeds and Gardening

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So I am a long time gardener. I've dabbled into almost all realms of gardening.
I have a natural green thumb and can grow just about anything...

I am so good at growing I was approached by people to see if I would grow pot before it was legal in so many places (I declined) I don't put this in here to brag but to just illustrate that I know how to grow, and am very experienced in it.

So why did I put this in the conspiracy section? This year has been the worst veggie/fruit growing year I've ever had. The weather was weird.
The plants were all off. My flowers are doing ok, but the veggies and fruit are terrible. Then.. I started hearing and reading things.
Stories eerily similar to mine, from people that don't live near. A woman said she has been gardening for 50 years and this is the worst year she has had.
A guy in a different area, similar story... Another lady mentioning bugs on her veggies that she has never had in decades... Very very similar stories. These aren't coming from first year new gardeners, these are people that have been doing the same thing, 20/30/40/50+ years.....

There are a couple things that could cause this, weather or the _____seeds_____....or chemtrails, or the water...
I'm wondering if it is the seeds. I have perfect rich soil, endless well water and it's been warm....
I've been in much worse weather years with no problem.

Back to those seeds. I don't know if this is yet another thing being targeted at our food supply or what. I buy these same flower seeds every single year from the same vendor.. This year, pure crap. Don't even look like the same plant, different height, size etc.
I know during covid everyone went hog wild in growing gardens and a lot of things wen't out of stock and backordered. I don't know if that cause this year for them to sell inferior seeds, or old seeds. Maybe there is something going on with the water that isn't being talked about and it's already down to the aquifer level?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Changes in solar radiation and 5G infrastructure are stressing all life forms on the planet.
Big trouble straight ahead.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Can't allow people to grow seeds if the great reset is gonna be successful.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I agree. My experience this year is so weird. I've planted several brands/sources of seeds with the worst results I've ever experienced. How can so many sources of seeds be bad? The only ones that have actually grown good are Tomatoes. Different soil mixes, nothing made a difference. And what I have are all getting ripe LATE.

30+ beans, 1 sprouted
20 Broccoli, 6 sprouted, heads the size of a thumb
20 Peppers, 0 sprouted
20 Peas, 2 sprouted
My annual flowers sucked this year but my tropical plants are growing like weeds.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Could maybe the climate in your region have something to do with it? Did you do anything different this year compared to other years? Do you check your soil pH (a lot of times most issues can be chalked up to ph being too high or too low)? Everything I'm growing this year (tomatoes,cayenne and bell peppers; leaf lettuce, bush beans) are exceeding my expectations. I switched things up this year and added coco coir to my peat based mix I use (happy frog). We also haven't had a lot of very hot weather and it's rained when we needed it so there are those factors playing into my favor.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Don't you know you should only be using Monsato seeds, they are 'extra special' so this wouldn't happen ?!

I actually wouldn't be surprised it tptb messed up store bought seeds/soil in order to discourage people being able to grow their own food

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I’ve got a bumper crop, but I’m in the Philippines.

We have clear skies also, non of those ‘contrails’.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Not a gardener myself (though I did have a hand at the ubiquitous tomato, with abundant success, a few years ago).

However, two of my sisters do have very prolific gardens. Both live near me, although at a higher elevation (I'm in a valley, they're up in the foothills). One is soil-based traditional, the other uses both soil and hydroponics.

Sis with hydroponics uses it to grow salad greens, beans and peppers, as well as heirloom tomatoes, and is reporting bumper crops across the board. All her water is taken from a well on the property. She also had a huge crop of plums this year, much of which is going into her first foray into plum wine and brandy. The whole family is collecting bottles in anticipation!

Other sister, soil-only, focuses on primarily root veggies. Has reported an increased problem with deer lately, possibly due to our severe drought.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I work in a nursery and have seen and heard many people say this, including my garden which is always minimal because of lack of time any how but this year everything is so late that it won't finish.

I'm on the west coast canada so what I can conclude about our area is that we had an cold, wet spring and I believe many of the plants were started early but idled too long in the greenhouses waiting for it to be warm enough to plant out. They got root bound in small pots. Seeds didn't germinate well outside.

That extended moisture led to very high humidity when the heat arrived and we saw slugs and bugs at an unusual level. There were also a higher number of bees and butterflies though as the humidity kept the nectar flowing and established plants flowered well.

We have terrible soil here and it doesn't take much to cause failure. Our cold, wet spring was actually very normal here and I think people have forgotten what it used to be like. This was in the past like when I was a child. It pretty much rained for ten months and we had drought for two because the soil is sandy. Until this year, we've had about a decade of dryer winters, with a cold month or so that killed overwintering bugs, then up to four month drought with very low humidity. It was very enjoyable but this change last winter brings us back to weather I remember from childhood and it sucks for gardening.

Anyhow, that's where I live. Curious to hear about other areas.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I thought it was just me!!!

Beefsteak tomatoes that grow but won't ripen... zucchini that won't grow and produced just a handful of blossoms... bell peppers that grew taller and taller but never branched out despite pinching... bachelor buttons that never even sprouted...

And no pests whatsoever! Not even the typical aphids I've seen no ladybugs at all this year.

I haven't been as dutiful this year as I've usually been, so I wasn't expecting the usual bounty. But some of this just doesn't make sense.

Especially the zukes which grow like weeds here...

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Have you tested your garden variety for COnVID? I have no clue on gardening, except it needs water. Do non-GM'ed seeds exist anymore?

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I have jalapeno and sweet pepper plants, hundreds of blooms but only 2 yellow bell peppers the size of a golf ball developed.

Zucchini, 20% sprout rate
Green beans, 50% sprout rate I have 3 green beans, lots of blooms not producing
Peas, 80% sprout rate I have harvested 2 pea pods giving me 6 whole peas
Tomato plants, no blooms at all
Potato plants, I harvested 2 plants, got about 1 meal worth (for 1 person) of baby potatoes off each plant

I have fertilized with good fertilizer, planted in good soil, and kept them watered. Plants look great, just not producing.

I have several friends with gardens having the same results. Plant production is zilch, nada, nothing.

edit on 5-8-2022 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All part of the end times in my opinion. We can expect only worse from here on. This won't be like ones in the past.

[7] For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
edit on 5-8-2022 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

Everything you said is spot on!!!! I've experienced the same thing right down to the tropical plants!!! wow.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
SW Michigan weighing in with a report...beans are so-so, but the peas are still producing, shouldve be done by now. I tried sweet corn this year, doing amazing! green peppers out producing last year. multiple tomato plants are huge, but nothing ripe, yet plentiful... and I had to let down the fence to let the squash out and ramble over the lawn...plenty of acorn and butternut to be had.
Can't concur with your speculation...my apologies.
BTW I do live in a rural setting, miles from any town but there are a couple of cell towers within a half mile.
edit on 5-8-2022 by Zrtst because: add'l info

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kimish
Could maybe the climate in your region have something to do with it? Did you do anything different this year compared to other years? Do you check your soil pH (a lot of times most issues can be chalked up to ph being too high or too low)? Everything I'm growing this year (tomatoes,cayenne and bell peppers; leaf lettuce, bush beans) are exceeding my expectations. I switched things up this year and added coco coir to my peat based mix I use (happy frog). We also haven't had a lot of very hot weather and it's rained when we needed it so there are those factors playing into my favor.

Nothing different this year than any of the many many years previous. My soil ph is fine and based on what I'm growing, actually considered becomming a soil scientist for a while but the pay is abysmal.

If it were just me i'd say just the odd weather year or fluke, but have been hearing this from so many people that don't even live in the same region.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I love harvesting crops i have planted. This year has been worse year ever, i live in Scandinavia. I usually get tomatoes from greenhouse end of june but now in August they just start to get some color. It was cold in june couple weeks so i guess my crops are two week or more late now. Peppers and chilis are doing fine and plenty. Outside the greenhouse every thing planted this year is going to fail. At least berry bushes will give some berries.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I've had rather quite crap crops this year also thus far aside from Peas which are thriving and 6ft tall.

I just put it down to it being Scotland all the same.

Now the Blackberries, well that's a bit diffrent story, there are scores of them but they still have not ripened yet and its now August, ive seen them pickable in late Jun before.

edit on 5-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Could the seeds have time released genetically modified chimera cells ?

Those cells could be programmed to stun the seed performance 😎

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Ive not had anyone try and stop me growing stuff or prohibit me buying seeds of any sorts.
edit on 5-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join