It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Republicans Fold, Help Pass Veterans Health Bill After Blocking It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Speaking as a vet, I wish people who weren't sincere would kindly just shut the # up and kindly let me be on my way.

Republicans may be assholes, but democrats have spit on me.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

It probably had to do with the 400b in spending that had nothing to do with vets. In the end them narrative fed to the vets was that they conservatives were the bad guys and the liberal side yelled the loudest. I am so sick of all the bills packed full of nonsense that has nothing to do with the actual bill being voted in.

Rat poison!!

Put the poison in something tasty and then rats will gobble it up.

The main driver is the poison not the tasty morsel.

Aid for the vets was the tasty morsel. The rest was poison.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Speaking as a vet, I wish people who weren't sincere would kindly just shut the # up and kindly let me be on my way.

Republicans may be assholes, but democrats have spit on me.

I doubt your sincerity absolutely; since you are so politically partisan, you would NOT defend your own group for that purpose.

NO, I WON'T BE QUIET.

I am for the veterans and the millions of veterans themselves more than you, a supposed veteran, so it's your sincerity in question, not mine.

Bottom line, you just don't like hearing the truth and the cluelessness of those you think are on your side, but they're not. Those people aren't sincere in using petty politics to hurt millions of veterans!
edit on 3-8-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You know what, Scooter?

Keep cheering for the vets.

Hell, take a damned knee for them if you want.

If you REALLY want to question my service or commitment, then that's a whole different kettle of fish.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So how much really goes to other projects?

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And to you, sincerely, thank you for your service.

And I don’t question your service; I question your attitude and position on this matter.

If you were (God forbid) one of those burn pit veterans, you might feel different. I hope you weren’t.

The issue goes to injury exposure of any Vet. Actually, my one friend has PTS from the Navy. The other died in Vietnam.

I recall that sad event. One day I’m sitting in a room with him, enjoying life and some good stuff; I won't say what. The next two or three weeks, he's dead---died in Nam. That’s a shocking experience. He had joined or got drafted, or obviously has already joined.

I never, though, had the privilege to serve myself.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Nope, I'm no hero.

Just a REMF.

But I spent my career in military hospitals taking care of the vets who WERE hero's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join