It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sad Tale of The Rings Of Power

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the accents lol? The elves have an Oxford English accent, the hobbits an Irish, the men a northern English accent probably Yorkshire and the dwarfs Scottish. I’m waiting to see who appear with a scouse accent.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Amazon has defied physics with its creation of free energy coming from Toilkens persistant spinning in his grave.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I will never watch this. I wont let them take Lord of the rings from me. They already took star wars and basically destroyed it. (Rise of SKywalker)

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Khurzon

I had a similar take on the Silmarillion. It seemed to me that it was not intended to entertain; it was more academic.

I had few complaints about the efforts to render Tolkien's work in film, in the first films it was mostly the infatuation with elf-wenches, and the missing love story between Aragorn and the maiden of Rohan, Eowyn (spelling?) but I found it forgivable (begrudgingly.) "The Hobbit" effort was well polished but also - once again elf-wench romance with Dwarf?!!! Not happening.

As for "The Rings of Power" I had to agree with The Drunken Critic... it was the product of some cluster of writers who were self-appointed 'experts' misrepresenting what they were doing with the IP. I bet the pitch given to the folks representing the Tolkien estate wasn't anything like the final product... wasted effort in piss-poor writing, strange editing decisions, a lack of respect for the original work.

Elves are tall, fair skinned, and wax lyrical at the drop of a hat. Dwarves are insular, and don't openly share their feelings... crying is out of the question. And the protagonist (Galadriel) was never a combat goddess...

And my main gripe throughout ... Elrond is a HALF-ELF...
edit on 12/26/2022 by Maxmars because: Because I'm not perfect

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm a huge fan of Tolkien's world, so I was really excited to see the trailer for The Rings Of Power. But I have to say, I was very disappointed. It looked like a generic fantasy show with no respect for the source material. The characters, the costumes, the CGI, everything looked wrong. I felt like I was watching a parody of Middle-Earth, not a faithful adaptation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join