It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zelensky becomes more paranoid, fires childhood friend, spy chief for "working with Russia"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Zelenskyy is becoming more paranoid as he fires SBU Chief, childhood friend, Ivan Bakanov for "working with Russia". Zelenskyy and Ivan Bakanov were so tight, Bakanov used to run Zelenskyys entertainment company and was in charge of his presidential campaign.

Along with Bakanov, Zelenskyy also fires the top prosecutor in Ukraine who used to be one of his top advisors, Iryna Venediktova.

in a Telegram post, Mr Zelensky said he had fired the top officials because it had come to light that many members of their agencies had collaborated with Russia.
This was a problem he said had touched other agencies as well.
Some 651 cases of alleged treason and collaboration have been opened against prosecutorial and law enforcement officials.
Staff have been informed of ‘suspicion’ in 198 criminal proceedings, the Ukrainian leader said.
And more than 60 officials from Mr Bakanov and Ms Venediktova’s agencies were now allegedly working against Ukraine in Russian-occupied territories

That sounds like a TON of Ukrainian government officials allegedly working with Russia. Seems very odd since we are always told that Ukraine doesn't want Russia there. 🤔

metro.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Remember their whole government used to work for Russia, sounds like an improvement. They're draining the swamp.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just goes to show how many in Ukraine support russia and what they are doing.

A significant percentage of civilians do too.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I just read on the LiveUAmap for Ukraine that their parliament has removed the Attorney General.

And let's not forget that the main opposition party has been banned for being too pro-Russia.

I think we need to address the elephant in the room: It looks like Zelensky's government is collapsing. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a coup launched against him soon.

Hell, that may be why he sacked his buddy. He was afraid of getting stabbed in the back. (Possibly not figuratively.)

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
Remember their whole government used to work for Russia, sounds like an improvement. They're draining the swamp.

Respectfully draining the swamp? Zelenskyy is replacing corrupt Russian snakes with corrupt Ukrainian snakes. Besides if you haven't noticed both the US and the UK live in their own respective swamps, that need draining as well.

What's that saying? charity starts at home...

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel
Zelensky is becoming more paranoid as he fires SBU Chief, childhood friend, Ivan Bakanov for "working with Russia".

Zelensky has a right to be paranoid as he is coming up against the natural infiltration of Russia into his war in the east.

He can't control Ukraine long term as long as so many Russians speakers and people exist there.

Too many oportunities to undermine the Zelensky from the inside of the state out, regardless of the battles taking place all over the region.

With Russians inside the state making up a very large minority the state will implode from the inside outwards and this can only be curtailed by doing an Adolf and eliminating the minority through expulsion etc, though I'd wager Zelensky is not prepared to go that distance.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I just read on the LiveUAmap for Ukraine that their parliament has removed the Attorney General.

And let's not forget that the main opposition party has been banned for being too pro-Russia.

I think we need to address the elephant in the room: It looks like Zelensky's government is collapsing. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a coup launched against him soon.

Hell, that may be why he sacked his buddy. He was afraid of getting stabbed in the back. (Possibly not figuratively.)

I could definitely see that scenario well before a Ukrainian victory, Russia is great at subverting irrespective of their military issues.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Respectfully, how do you know they are snakes when they just got replaced? And were the old ones Russian, or just bought Ukrainians?

I don't know about those two though. Sounds like they were just incompetent rather than traitors.

originally posted by: putnam6

Besides if you haven't noticed both the US and the UK live in their own respective swamps, that need draining as well.

And what have you done about it lately? Maybe you can learn a thing or two from Ukrainians.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   

How did "their whole government work for Russia?" Exactly? These two top officials didn't work for the Russian government ever. One of them is a good childhood friend of Zelenskyy, the other one, the top prosecutor is only 43 years old.

You think all these other people who are getting arrested and fired have been around in the Ukrainian government since before 1990?

You think Ukraine would allow government officials "that used to work for Russia" keep working for the Ukrainian government all these years, especially after Euromaidan?

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

There are many that are Russian and have Russian roots in Ukraine that is something NATO/US cant change with this conflict nor regime changes/coup as they did years before.

Eventually the US/UK has to put Ukraine on the negotiations for the conflict to end.
This is not going for the way that the US//NATO officials were expecting.

Its funny that EU wants oil and gas from azerbaijan when they already are with Russia on different protects including diplomatic negotiations with armenia.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

Yeah I agree with you, I was talking about the pre Maidan government

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

There's no need to change it. And we'll see about negotiations in a few months, who knows.

Why do you find that funny?

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
A large portion of Ukrainians are ethnic Russians. Of course they may support Russia.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Respectfully, how do you know they are snakes when they just got replaced? And were the old ones Russian, or just bought Ukrainians?

I don't know about those two though. Sounds like they were just incompetent rather than traitors.

Besides if you haven't noticed both the US and the UK live in their own respective swamps, that need draining as well.

And what have you done about it lately? Maybe you can learn a thing or two from Ukrainians.

Go Zelenskyy yay! Ukraine! did I get your cheer right?

What's with all the calls to action on ATS lately, Maybe you can learn a thing or two from Ukrainians? . All Americans can do is organize and vote locally it's not even an apple to oranges comparison but it sounded a little catchy right? Ukraine, on the other hand, has billions in aid and is at war. Just because Russia invaded and is obviously in the wrong doesn't make Ukrainians or their way of government virtuous and pure.

Or at least that was the narrative about Ukraine prior to the western " Money Pit" being opened up full force by Putin's invasion. Ironically the same media that now shills for us to spend billions, with very little oversight, especially with the smaller arms

But yea you go on thinking sending billions to them is gonna make the world more secure, regardless of who wins. Which BTW is likely Russia well unless your "cute pants" are battle ready?

RESEARCH CORRUPTION IN UKRAINE

borgenproject.org...

Massive corruption in the Ukrainian government has left Ukraine and its people in a state of developmental stagnation for decades. Despite this, in recent years, Ukraine has demonstrated its willingness to reform and change for the better through countless efforts to expose and clean up these corruptions. These 10 facts outline the specifics of corruption in Ukraine.

According to Transparency International (TI), as of 2018, Ukraine ranked 120 out of 182 countries in TI’s Corruptions Perception Index, making it the second most corrupt country in all of Europe.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Go Zelenskyy yay! Ukraine! did I get your cheer right?

I don't know, what kind of cheer are you talking about?

What's with all the calls to action on ATS lately, Maybe you can learn a thing or two from Ukrainians? . All Americans can do is organize and vote locally it's not even an apple to oranges comparison but it sounded a little catchy right? Ukraine, on the other hand, has billions in aid and is at war.

They overthrew their government before the war. Before.

See, I made a post in this thread about a former Ukrainian government. Then you come in whining about the situation in USA or UK, in your own country I presume, crying about how no-one pays attention to that. Well make a thread about it or something. I'm just saying here we have an example of succesful organizing. Maybe we can compare it to how the revolution started in America.

Sorry if I'm rude, just my point of view.

But yea you go on thinking sending billions to them is gonna make the world more secure, regardless of who wins.

lol, I wish we had the luxury to think like that still. To make the world more secure. But no, we need to act to preserve our way of live and freedom. I mean I think we should start by hosting Ukrainian air force and missile troops in neighboring countries, not just give them money. I'm kind of past that, personally.

And it's not that Russia is the big threat, compared to China, but it's better to deal with it now than later.

Which BTW is likely Russia well unless your "cute pants" are battle ready?

I'm a good shot with assault rifle, out of shape though. I definitely need brushing up on a lot of skills. Like to think I'd be decent cannon fodder.

RESEARCH CORRUPTION IN UKRAINE

Everybody knows Ukraine is corrupt! You must really think I'm born yesterday, don't know what else to say.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Everybody knows Ukraine is corrupt! You must really think I'm born yesterday, don't know what else to say.

What government isn't these days?

Point is -- they were invaded. This is a senseless war by a bully.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well that too, but in my thinking Ukraine is strategically important, simple as.

Sucks for them that they are so corrupt, same goes for Russia. But we can't fix the whole world instantly.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Well that too, but in my thinking Ukraine is strategically important, simple as.

Sucks for them that they are so corrupt, same goes for Russia. But we can't fix the whole world instantly.

An uncorrupted list would be extremely short.

But, then "how" is each country corrupted would be a thread in itself.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

dont expect Crimea and other parts of Ukraine, Donbass to return to Ukraine if anything Biden admin will likely to come out and say to Ukraine what parts of Ukraine are you willing to give up in order to peace to return?

And for the fuel prices to lower.

If the conflict continues.
So will the fuel prices.

Its bad enough that Turkey is now trying to go after the Kurds in Syria.

At least Syrian Kurds have now a ally

Russia and Syrian government they already have placed forces near the Syrian kurd towns.
This could get messed up if Turkey does something in Syria agaisnt Kurds.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Fuel prices going up isn't all bad you know. For Biden it is, but he's on his way out anyway. This is a time of opportunity.

Ideally Biden should fall on his sword, go all out against Russia and take the blame. Sadly you may be right. The establishment also fears what will happen if Putin's regime collapses.

I feel like Erdogan will be stubborn though, he knows both sides need him and he needs to win his election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join