It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of the Divine Authorship of the Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

The Big Bang is one theory among many. It is currently the most accepted theory, but it is not proven fact.

There are no confirmed facts within Genesis. Please list them with peer reviewed acceptance. Show me in facsimile where DNA is discussed in detail. I would really like to see that.

You claim that the canon of the Bible is universally agreed upon. I disagree. There is more division within Christianity over the interpretation of the Bible now than there ever has been. Go argue your point in Northern Ireland and see if you manage finish your argument with both kneecaps. Go to Angola or Rwanda and see if you make it off your soapbox alive. If you'd prefer to keep your limbs and life, go preach in China or Russia and see if your god can save you from internment - possibly for the remainder of your life.

Religion is not real. God is made in the image of man because it's made by man.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
True scientists can only conjecture. But most are in agreement the universe had a beginning. Genesis 1:1 does say the universe had a beginning. But this OP isn't even really dealing with science in the Bible. That can be left to another thread, better people than me have made many in the past on this website.

This thread has to do with Bible canon and specifically the prophecies in Daniel, and Revelation, and those mentioned by Jesus and Paul.
edit on 20-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The nature of science is to discover and reveal. To purely conject is the job of a theorist.

What Genesis says has no relevance to fact. I asked for evidence for claims made in Genesis that are supported by peer groups in the fields of those claims. You haven't given any, despite claiming you could provide them.

You argue that throughout Christendom the interpretation of the text within the Bible is universally agreed upon. I disagree.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
Correct me if I'm wrong, please. All Christians believe in the same god and the same book? But few of you agree on the contents of that book and what your god and its 'son' believed in and what messages they announced. How does this make your book clear, or precise, or technical, or any sort of forecast, or - in the OP - the authorship of your god?

Terra, it is the exact same with secularism.
Many people are Christians.
We ALL have one thing in common.
We believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
That he came to earth, lived, died and rose again.
He took the burden of our sins.
He sacrificed himself for each and every one of us.
I am not a part of "organized religion" (and that to many Christians is not Christian like).
Yet, I am a believer. I understand that man is faulty.
Many, who have done, what is considered, evil said they were doing because of their faith.
They did so because of freewill and used their faith as an excuse.
Man will always find a way to justify the evil they do.
From secularism and the premeditated killing of human beings at the beginning of their life cycle, to religion demonizing and judging others for the life they live.
We were all given freewill.
Some of us have serious authority/father issues.
Some of us just claim to have all the answers and try to force those answers on others.
We are human.

edit on 20-7-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga
Ok...
This seriously made me laugh out loud;

There are no confirmed facts within Genesis. Please list them with peer reviewed acceptance.

Who would have thought that you had such a sense of humor! Scientists and politicians have one huge thing in common (besides freewill and being human), the science tends to favor the opinions of those funding it....
Weird how that works, huh?

www.researchgate.net...

www.sciencedirect.com...

phil.washington.edu...#:~:text=Research%20on%20bias%20in%20peer,and%20self%2Dregulate %20their%20work.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
One final note for all those falling under the religion of Science:
There is no such thing as "settled science".
If you hear this phrase, rest assured, it's not science.
Also, are you aware of the many KNOWN lies throughout textbooks?
When asked why they are allowed to stay, we always get the same answer......
"We know they are not correct but we have nothing better to replace them with".
Shouldn't there be a disclaimer somewhere stating that?
edit on 20-7-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There once was a fresh spring that flowed freely and quenched thirst.

Then someone came upon the road and placed something on it.

And so the water went back from where it came.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

why did you not reveal the real 'secret' coded in the writings of truth

clue to everyone reading... the explaining of 365 day year and 360 day year 1.260 days = 42 months =3 1/2 years = half week

understand the 7 year period of endtimes > early birth pains / great tribulation...1,260 days/42 months

are not an unbroken sequence of days & years (1,260+1,260 and 42 +42 equal 3 1/2 + 3 1/2 years)

the 7 year Tribulation/End Times 'week' could span as much as 10 calendar years to complete... the heavenly host and the Deity commander (god) will tally each day in the appropriate column to achieve the prophecied day-month-year duration numbers

just a heads up for the ATS members

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

why did you not reveal the real 'secret' coded in the writings of truth

clue to everyone reading... the explaining of 365 day year and 360 day year 1.260 days = 42 months =3 1/2 years = half week

understand the 7 year period of endtimes > early birth pains / great tribulation...1,260 days/42 months

are not an unbroken sequence of days & years (1,260+1,260 and 42 +42 equal 3 1/2 + 3 1/2 years)

the 7 year Tribulation/End Times 'week' could span as much as 10 calendar years to complete... the heavenly host and the Deity commander (god) will tally each day in the appropriate column to achieve the prophecied day-month-year duration numbers

just a heads up for the ATS members

I left out most of the prophecy itself. That would take pages and pages to discuss. But I have dealt with some of the prophecy of the King of the North and King of the South in some of my other threads.

I also didn’t touch on the two other significant numbers in Daniel 12. It doesn’t just mention 3 1/2 times, or 1,260 days. it also refers to the 1,290 days, and the 1,335 days. I may perhaps elucidate further on these fascinating numbers in a future post. The angel did tell Daniel that happy is anyone who keeps in expectation and arrives at the 1,335 days (not 7 years or 10 years).-Daniel 12:12.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I also didn’t touch on the two other significant numbers in Daniel 12. It doesn’t just mention 3 1/2 times, or 1,260 days. it also refers to the 1,290 days, and the 1,335 days. I may perhaps elucidate further on these fascinating numbers in a future post. The angel did tell Daniel that happy is anyone who keeps in expectation and arrives at the 1,335 days (not 7 years or 10 years).-Daniel 12:12.

yep, there's 1,290 & 1,335 counting of days... one likely the 'Silence in Heaven for 1/2 hour' and the other chronology having to do with the quota of blood-being-shed by the beheaded Martyrs who refused the Mark/Name/Number of Beast

but surely the 1335 days are not a span of 44.5 Holy months, in my view no goodness comes out of the last 1260 days when 'Wrath' gets poured out on the dark-side

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Still no answers to my questions?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Christian Bible and Hebrew Torah are Nothing More than a Hodgepodge of Ancient Sumerian Religious Texts Included in their Old Testament's . If Anything was Divine in them , it was Probably Left Out for Obvious Reasons ......

edit on 21-7-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

" You argue that throughout Christendom the interpretation of the text within the Bible is universally agreed upon. I disagree. "

The Old Testament in the Bible is " Hearsay Evidence " at Best of Divine Inspiration in Christian Beliefs IMO .
edit on 28-7-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join