It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Pombero and Argentinian Goblins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If you can't tell by my post history, I lurk, a lot. I also happened to lose access to this account and recently got it back due to some good fortune with the email account associated with it. Long story.
I've recently gone on some deep dives trying to find out more about 'el pombero' or the argentinian goblin.
I've found a few youtube videos on it, but was wondering if anyone has found any good details on it beyond just some grainy video.

For those not familiar, the 'El Pombero' is basically a little hairy mountain guy who abducts people or ensnares them with glamour, like a fey creature. Some blame unwanted pregnancies on him.
What's most interesting is that he appears all over the South American Continent, but also in turn appears to match a lot of the old legends of Europe with the dwarves and elves that would come out of the mountain and abduct children. Part of the problem is finding something I don't have to use google translate on. Most of these videos are in Portuguese, Spanish, etc.

Here's some of the good videos I've found:
- a smallish channel but it was one of the first ones to come up. Must have really good search configuration, lol. Decent info, well presented. In English, which nice.

- Small video, lots of views, but does a really great piece of art for it.

- Decent video, custom art, moderate info.

I noticed actually several of these channels (First one included) also make their own art, which is kind of a nice touch.

- This is apparently some bigger channel but man, the presentation was terrible. I can't stand this kind of idiotic crap. Though it got 2.1m views, so it must have been picked up by somewhere.

Anyways, the rest is mostly just a bunch of really grainy footage videos.

Some of the footage I've found in my searches:

- girls chased by pombero/goblin

- an aggregation of 10 or so

- This is the video I originally stumbled across which drew all my attention. It's creeeeeepy. Little man shuffling strangely at night in Argentina.

Has anyone here had any interesting experiences like with this creature or similar?

edit on 14-7-2022 by rlnochance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Goblins lives matter!

Thanks for the read I’ll have to check out some of the videos later.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rlnochance

Once saw something like this while hiking in the mountains, in the northern coast of Norway, but i was badly sunburned, have had a bit of rum, and was stung by several jellyfish, so i might have just saw things that were not really there.

But who knows.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In Norway, of all places? Can you describe what you saw / give a more direct account? Or were you just being facetious?

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Legends of trolls and goblins and such are plentiful in those places,

I was in a canyon type place, lots big rocks, saw something moving fast, jumping over the rocks, really smooth movement. i catched a pretty good glimpse of the creature when it was jumping over a rock, it took support from it with one hand, this is when i saw that the creature was wearing clothes, blue cloth. So it could not have been an animal. The creature was about knee- high. Looked strongly built.

I followed to the place where i had seen it, but there were small cave entrances all over the place.
edit on 14-7-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Any more stories about dwarves and elves that would come out of the mountain in Europe? i heard some tales before? could you post more on this.

Very interesting thank you.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

There's a whole pile of them here:
sites.pitt.edu...

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
"up the airy mountain
down the rushy glen
we dare not go a-roving
for fear of little men"

William Allingham, 'The Fairies'

stories of the little people are global, including Native Americans in North America.
www.mohegan.nsn.us...

The rocks of Mohegan Hill are the home of the Makiawisug, or Little People. After nightfall, the call of the Whip-poor-will signals their arrival. They are good spirits, but the Mohegans know they must be treated with respect, according to tradition. It is important to leave baskets of food, such as corn cakes and berries, or even meat in the woods for them. Wearing moccasin flowers for shoes, they gather the gifts at night. In fact, Makiawisug means "whip-poor-will moccasins."

They have their own rules of etiquette. Those who see the Little People should not look directly at them, they think it's rude. If they catch you staring, they might point a finger at you, rooting you to the ground, while they take your belongings. Another rule is don't speak of them in the summer, when they are most active.

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

top topics

join