It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Economic Forum Calls for Higher Gas Price to Safeguard 'Democracy'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

....and yet.... we don't see any of these WEF dictators flying about in Wind, Solar or Electric private aircraft!

They have carbon footprints the size of the output of small towns as they jet around telling us all to make do with less.

Whilst I do acknowledge the rampant pollution, corruption of governments offering perks to big business and the eye watering hypocrisy, it's the same ones preaching to us about the evils of it all that are benefitting from those same schemes.

Why on earth would we trust those same people who have historically effed up the planet and been responsible for mass death and suffering, to be the ones to fix it and continue to rule over us?

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Nice one Nugget and there's a good Corbett Report here on the WEF if you've not seen it before - pretty disturbing stuff.

originally posted by: lostbook

The World population is increasing exponentially ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: macaronicaesar
There’s never been a president in office that could make a difference, or even wanted to. They don’t make it that far if they give a # about the ppl. They are elected to push an agenda and it ain’t ours. You have the illusion choice and that’s all it has ever been.

This may be true, but in the not so distant past I recall 1.98 a gallon gas,
a booming economy, bustling stock market and a lot of hope for the future.

Alas, OMB!

So...while I can't prove that someone cared, I can prove that joey doesn't
even pretend to care. "Americans will pay as long as they have to".

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo
At the current rate of consumption, the world's oil supply (literally the estimated amount of oil in planet earth) will be exhausted in 40 years.

I think that's a pretty good reason to ween off of oil, regardless of where anyone stands politically and regardless of clean energy being a liberal "agenda".

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yes people.

We should ween the entire planet off the cheapest source of energy known to exist, and supplant it with a technology that depends on the god damn weather to work.

Ignore that thing the call Climate change-ie the weather.

edit on 16-7-2022 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

....and yet.... we don't see any of these WEF dictators flying about in Wind, Solar or Electric private aircraft!

Because nobody has actually invented a practical one yet. And what is a wind powered aircraft, a handglide?

They have carbon footprints the size of the output of small towns as they jet around telling us all to make do with less.

You act like you've never encountered hypocrisy before.

Why on earth would we trust those same people who have historically effed up the planet and been responsible for mass death and suffering, to be the ones to fix it and continue to rule over us?

We don't trust them, which is why we need strong environmental regulators to force them to do it.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Yes people.

We should ween the entire planet off the cheapest source of energy known to exist

It's only cheaper because we've already invested trillions in the infrastructure behind it.

Coal used to be the cheapest, then blast injected coal, then heavy oil, then light oil, then gas. Each technology was supplanted by a newer one which became cheaper the move investment was made in it.

You only need to basic infrastructure for a wind farm once. After that you just replace the turbines every 10-15 years. The expensive part will last a couple of hundred years with only basic maintenance.

Once the infrastructure is there it will become more and more affordable.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It's only cheaper because we've already invested trillions in the infrastructure behind it.

'We' didn't do #.

You still haven't figure out why ON DEMAND energy is superior to the sun shining and the wind blowing.

Go ask a God Damn Farmer how often the weather cooperates with them.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
If we're going to preserve democracy, we should be able to vote on the price of gas.

Also, we should be able to vote to abolish the WEF.

And, we should be able to vote on whether or not we want a democracy.

Notice how the topics which appear on the ballot are rarely, if ever, decided by consensus of the governed. We are pigeonholed into a series of choices we never wanted on the menu to begin with.

Ain't that the effin truth.

Representative Democracy my ass lol

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MeatHookReality

originally posted by: TonyS
Yea, you read that correctly. The WEF has now declared that in order to preserve "Democracy" Fuel and energy prices should be higher. It's a complicated read and somewhat disingenuous in its presentation but basically they are calling for an end to any and all tax credits for oil, gas and coal production along with higher taxes. This isn't new; basically this is the same idea as "right" pricing fossil fuels based upon their carbon content.

www.weforum.org...

First, leading democracies should agree to end the underpricing of fossil fuels, which is the principal factor preventing a clean energy transition. The underpricing associated with producing and burning coal, oil and gas amounted to $5.9 trillion in economic costs in 2020. Nearly a quarter of these losses – $1.45 trillion – occurred in 48 major and smaller democracies.

The leading democracies of the G20 should collectively commit to phasing out cost and tax breaks for the production and consumption of fossil fuels. They should also phase in more efficient pricing of fossil fuels through taxes or tradable permits to cover the costs of local air pollution, global warming, and other economic damages.

There are 3 more provisions you can read about at the link, all of which would severely increase the price of fossil fuels across the board. They justify this with this statement.

By delaying a clean energy transition, leading democracies are making their economies more vulnerable through continued reliance on fossil fuels. Collectively acting to foster a green transition is not only good for the climate but also critical for protecting democracy.

A key point in this of course is that fossil fuels are presently "underpriced". Of course, US consumers are presently paying the "market" price for these fuels. Apparently the "market price" is too low for the WEF.

My question is, how long, weeks, days, months, before we see the Biden administration take regulatory behavior to comply with this WEF edict? How about an Executive Order?
Yet millions of Americans every morning wait in line burning gas to buy a 7 dollar coffee from Starbucks, go out to eat for lunch then drive home to retrieve their countless & useless purchases from Amazon off their front porches.
Americans have a consumerism problem & not a gas price problem.
Im glad gas is expensive, because it is teaching people just how much money they spend on their 3 streaming services , action figure collecting, Starbucks, video games , vanity cloths , vanity vehicles, monthly food delivery app services, eating out , chinese made trinkets from Amazon, gas station food , gas station soda , cell phone data plans , etc etc etc .
All the useless things Americans think they need is the true latent problem.
Lower gas prices, do not fix America’s spending on credit catastrophe we have .

Typical boomer speak, or typical of Gen-Xrs who for some reason attempt to emulate boomers.

"I'm glad oil companies are putting us in our place by extorting us. I'm blessed to be able to afford gas and demean others by not living how I see fit. Everything they buy is useless and wasteful. God is great." I've heard lines similar to that and what you're saying over and over. It's a sign of being out of touch with the times.

So, what is it? Instead of one delivery vehicle dropping off 100 packages a day, you'd rather have 100 people driving and wasting "fossil fuel.?"

You're going to blame people for things that are out of their control? Ah yes! I would just love to snap my fingers and wack a few knee caps to bring back economically unsound manufacturing processes that will at the same time have negative impacts on the local environment.

Maybe instead of blaming regular everyday people you might consider blaming corporations and their lobbyists. Perhaps even the politicians.

I agree that consumerism is a problem, but the solution is more complex than simply not buying things.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

Yea, you read that correctly. The WEF has now declared that in order to preserve "Democracy" Fuel and energy prices should be higher. It's a complicated read and somewhat disingenuous in its presentation but basically they are calling for an end to any and all tax credits for oil, gas and coal production along with higher taxes. This isn't new; basically this is the same idea as "right" pricing fossil fuels based upon their carbon content.

www.weforum.org...

First, leading democracies should agree to end the underpricing of fossil fuels, which is the principal factor preventing a clean energy transition. The underpricing associated with producing and burning coal, oil and gas amounted to $5.9 trillion in economic costs in 2020. Nearly a quarter of these losses – $1.45 trillion – occurred in 48 major and smaller democracies.

The leading democracies of the G20 should collectively commit to phasing out cost and tax breaks for the production and consumption of fossil fuels. They should also phase in more efficient pricing of fossil fuels through taxes or tradable permits to cover the costs of local air pollution, global warming, and other economic damages.

There are 3 more provisions you can read about at the link, all of which would severely increase the price of fossil fuels across the board. They justify this with this statement.

By delaying a clean energy transition, leading democracies are making their economies more vulnerable through continued reliance on fossil fuels. Collectively acting to foster a green transition is not only good for the climate but also critical for protecting democracy.

A key point in this of course is that fossil fuels are presently "underpriced". Of course, US consumers are presently paying the "market" price for these fuels. Apparently the "market price" is too low for the WEF.

My question is, how long, weeks, days, months, before we see the Biden administration take regulatory behavior to comply with this WEF edict? How about an Executive Order?
Yet millions of Americans every morning wait in line burning gas to buy a 7 dollar coffee from Starbucks, go out to eat for lunch then drive home to retrieve their countless & useless purchases from Amazon off their front porches.
Im glad gas is expensive, because it is teaching people just how much money they spend on their 3 streaming services , action figure collecting, Starbucks, video games , vanity cloths , vanity vehicles, monthly food delivery app services, eating out , chinese made trinkets from Amazon, gas station food , gas station soda , cell phone data plans , etc etc etc .

Typical boomer speak, or typical of Gen-Xrs who for some reason attempt to emulate boomers.

"I'm glad oil companies are putting us in our place by extorting us. I'm blessed to be able to afford gas and demean others by not living how I see fit. Everything they buy is useless and wasteful. God is great." I've heard lines similar to that and what you're saying over and over. It's a sign of being out of touch with the times.

So, what is it? Instead of one delivery vehicle dropping off 100 packages a day, you'd rather have 100 people driving and wasting "fossil fuel.?"

You're going to blame people for things that are out of their control? Ah yes! I would just love to snap my fingers and wack a few knee caps to bring back economically unsound manufacturing processes that will at the same time have negative impacts on the local environment.

Maybe instead of blaming regular everyday people you might consider blaming corporations and their lobbyists. Perhaps even the politicians.

I agree that consumerism is a problem, but the solution is more complex than simply not buying things.
No one needs to be driving just to get more useless garbage . You really don’t understand my point. Oh well .. project away . I worked really hard for 20 years . Bought a 1400 sq ft home , drive a used 8 year old car , live frugally, only buy high quality long lasting items , don’t follow trends , owe nothing to credit cards , have no investments, own my home outright, own my vehicles outright & I only make 25?thousand a year.
My secret was to save as much money from age 20-40 and retire early .
Age 43 I quit my good paying rat race job & took a part time fun job at a used bookstore.
I need little money to survive, because I payed off my home, saved and buy what I need & only treat myself once & a while.
I have free time now to do art , read , hunt & travel America.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

www.weforum.org...

Im anti consumerism & despise this out of control corporate mafias .
Im an occultist & no were near religion.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hellraiser ....coming soon to a theatre near you

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

'We' didn't do #.

You still haven't figure out why ON DEMAND energy is superior to the sun shining and the wind blowing.

Go ask a God Damn Farmer how often the weather cooperates with them.

Which is why you spread the load over multiple system, and have gas turbines or nuclear power to pick up the slack.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   

'We' didn't do #.

We built coal, oil and gas power plants, and the infrastructure necessary to fuel them. That's some real expensive # right there.

Once these things were in place we only had to deal with the running costs.

Once renewable energy infrastructure is in place the costs will come down. It cost less to run a wind farm than a gas turbine power plant in manpower alone, so the running costs will be lower over time.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MeatHookReality

Cool story, but you still don't get to dictate how other people live. Vent away, but you're just complaining.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

Whilst I do acknowledge the rampant pollution, corruption of governments offering perks to big business and the eye watering hypocrisy, it's the same ones preaching to us about the evils of it all that are benefitting from those same schemes.

The most profitable industrialists or socioeconomic engineers will quite naturally be exempt from the protocols they invent because that's part of the kickback for signing on. They did the "hard stuff" by brilliantly drawing a blueprint for the future, while we get saddled with the ardor of laying foundation and paving roads so the next generation can follow their example, or more accurately ignore their example while adhering to our legacy. Such is life.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
If we're going to preserve democracy, we should be able to vote on the price of gas.

Also, we should be able to vote to abolish the WEF.

And, we should be able to vote on whether or not we want a democracy.

Democracy only affects the bottom half of the socioeconomic pyramid where we reside, and it only affects the relationship between the rock bottom class, the moderate bottom and the middle class. Everyone else belongs to a separate caste that enjoys the formality of constitutional protocols along with the rewards of economic credibility aka platinum cards for purchasing farm land and setting it on fire, unlimited gasoline for your private plane and vaccine exemptions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join