It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Aliens have a Religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Being so advance as to arrive her from wherever out in space, do you think aliens believe in a surpreme being? I am not speaking about a leader,
but a "God" like creature to worship.
I am wondering if it's an Earth trait to have a religion.
Is religion a primitive, evolutionary type step in advancement?

If you only believe everything you are told (religion) how can you ever gain new knowledge or think out of the box without fear.

What conclusion could the aliens have drawn as how they came into being?
My thoughts are they are too far advanced to believe in a religion like earthlings do. However I'm ready to be convinced either way.
Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
yup their religion is science is god

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If God exists, and I believe so, he is the God of the Universe, not only th Earth. Then I suppose that they are aware of that and actually believe so.
Or they don't for 1001 reasons.
Who knows.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yes, I bet there is a component of religion and/or spirituality in alien social structures.
I'll also bet they don't kill, mutilate and otherwise destroy themselves over it though.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes, they believe in the all consuming worm god Ott, who will one day devour the universe.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoIsPower
If God exists, and I believe so, he is the God of the Universe, not only th Earth. Then I suppose that they are aware of that and actually believe so.
Or they don't for 1001 reasons.
Who knows.

Who knows indeed...

But what we DO know is that the belief in "God" comes and goes...
The belief in God (as in God God) is only 2000 years old!

I think they have gone through roughly the same stages we have. "God" is just a streamlined version of everything else

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's just darn amazing how many of them come down with a religion JUST LIKE CHRISTIANITY!

I'm not making snide remarks about Christians, but rather about those who are pretending to channel information from aliens. So many show up with "amazing revelations that were never understood by humanity" only to blurt forth the same old New Age Christianity philosophies that have been floating around since the 1900's.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's just darn amazing how many of them come down with a religion JUST LIKE CHRISTIANITY!

I'm not making snide remarks about Christians, but rather about those who are pretending to channel information from aliens. So many show up with "amazing revelations that were never understood by humanity" only to blurt forth the same old New Age Christianity philosophies that have been floating around since the 1900's.

But as I said, Christianity is the streamlined version of religion.

A) A God you cant disprove with science (contrary to the sun, an emperor or whatever)
B) A single one (unlike the umptieleven in India)
C) A single book to gather all the "knowledge".
And D) No force on worship ("Hey lets sacrifice 50,000 people by ripping their hearts out!")

We are always going towards the fastest and effecient way to do things. And the God-That-Is-Always-There-But-No-One-Care-About is the perfect solution.

It would be very logical if space based aliens have already gone through all this.

I'll bet you God v2.0 will be without any churches and praying at all! Oh wait, its already happened in many parts of the world

Make that God v3.0

[edit on 3-4-2005 by merka]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think the fact that they are more advanced than us would mean that they too are more religious then us. Because they have had the science to prove that there is a God, and an Ultimate creator.

Im sure this will offend people. I dont really care if it does. But for the most part, every atheist i have ever met has also been the dumbest person i have ever met. And i DONT believe in coincidences.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Maybe some aliens might see humans as Gods just as some humans think of aliens as Gods.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I believe so and I would give it 2 names, the spirit of antichrist and the mystery of iniquity.

I would also add "Thou believest that there is one God;thou doest well; the devils also believe, and tremble. KJV James 2:19
I forgot the refernce for the edit

[edit on 3-4-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Not if they're smart. Their civilization would end just like ours is going to because of religious wars.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I would imagine that 'aliens' (as we seem to term more advanced beings than ourselves) would have a better understanding of the link between science and spirituality.

IMO the concept of religion is for immature civilisations and if used correctly may offer hints to help us advance. I certainly wouln't believe the whole thing though. It sees futile to follow anything rigidly and to the letter since that leaves no room to grow.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Most of the aliens I know of -- the ones who come across the Sonora-Arizona border -- are Catholics.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ok if anyone here gets abducted by aliens don't forget to ask them!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
Ok if anyone here gets abducted by aliens don't forget to ask them!

And don't forget to try and convert them. We dont want all those 99.9999>% of beings in the universe going to hell now do we? It would make armageddon a little one sided.

[edit on 3/4/2005 by JamesBlonde]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This discussion can be very controversial. Cause it might have implications that we don't know of, that we don't even imagine.
Follow me now

The bible, is the best we have to decribe God work, christ, profecies, etc, etc.
Now, to those who know the least of the bible are aware that it doesn't refer to any other criaton of God, it says that we're His master piece, we're made by His interior imagine, cause God Has no phisical body.
That have many implications! Like the autenticity of some biblical so called facts. Like, if we're his masterpiece, then how can this beings be more advanced, they could erase us with one shot, whatever.
Are you following me?
Tell me if i'm making any sense.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The Elohim dont have religion on their planet.
They believe only in human genius.

The word Religion means in Latin "to Link"
Religion has always been the link between humanity and the Elohim.

www.raelianmovement.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
WOW, roy might be right on target

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by roybass
The word Religion means in Latin "to Link"
Religion has always been the link between humanity and the Elohim.

I think the guy that made the word meant it to be a link between humanity and insanity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join