It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why your SIM card is designed to expire after a time of not being used

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When you activate your SIM card there is a notification sent to the company, this allows them to more easily locate and spy on phone users. They dont want old phones being reactivated and used without them knowing about it. Truth is, a SIM card can be designed to last 10 years. Its another way for them to chip away at your personal liberty

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SeriouslyDeep

When you activate your SIM card there is a notification sent to the company

Obviously.....how else do they charge you for useage.

Truth is, a SIM card can be designed to last 10 years

that is the truth.....and they do, I'm using one that is well over 10 years old

Its another way for them to chip away at your personal liberty

How so?

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

What are you talking about? It is not the SIM card going bad, the system is designed that way.

Also legally, any phone that has enough battery charge and without a SIM card or service plan must be able to access the system for 911 calls and gps tracking to respond to those calls.

I think you are referring to system upgrades that make old phones and SIM cards incomparable with current cell service. This has nothing to do with a SIM card going bad.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't want to sound snarky here, but why should anyone care? SIM cards are a dime a dozen and are constantly replaced. I've already had mine replaced twice, due to upgrades. And SIM cards are not what traces everything you do. Most smart phones have built in GPS, so that will already know everywhere you go. When you go to any website, it's recording what you're doing on said website. Not so much the sim card, just everything else built into a smart phone.

posted on Jul, 8 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   

20 years. Flash drives, sim cards. Professional. Business. Family stuff. still use them.

Lost them...but never had any not work. Some for a long time.
edit on 07223131America/ChicagoFri, 08 Jul 2022 22:16:31 -050016202200000031 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join