It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennial & Gen Z Police Officers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MeatHookReality
Gen X suffered the most from divorce & single parents . Gen X also ate horrible food .. no one was ever home to cook . It was microwaved hot dogs , kool aid & Bologna sandwiches.

I knew a kid that came to our house and would only eat McD as that was what his taste buds were attuned to. Would not eat a single thing that was natural like even chicken or steak.

It is like worst in they eat chips and candy bars etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Gen X suffered the most from divorce & single parents . Gen X also ate horrible food .. no one was ever home to cook . It was microwaved hot dogs , kool aid & Bologna sandwiches.

I knew a kid that came to our house and would only eat McD as that was what his taste buds were attuned to. Would not eat a single thing that was natural like even chicken or steak.

It is like worst in they eat chips and candy bars etc.
Millennials & Gen Z grew up on organic, fresh , vegan etc…
Us Gen Z kids grew up on processed foods , because they were simple to cook . Gen X had it made in the shade as far as freedom & mischief, because we were left alone a lot .

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I think you might be surprised in how many eat total crap. Millennials are the ones that are not good parents...

edit on 9-7-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I think you might be surprised in how many eat total crap. Millennials are the ones that are not good parents...

Im sure , but you have to admit that there are more healthy options today .
Especially with food prices, many people are eating carbs & cheap processed meats or chicken/pork products for protein.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Im sure , but you have to admit that there are more healthy options today .
Especially with food prices, many people are eating carbs & cheap processed meats or chicken/pork products for protein.

They are lazy though... Even here when I debate what is the cost to live when people say they need 25 bucks an hour to live. I say have you ever priced 50 lbs of rice and real chicken? I guess that is too much work...

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I mean if we're going to go off of spelling then I must not be American either. That's fine though. I like throwing in the "u" for a bit of text flavour. ;P

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MeatHookReality

The Millennials & Gen Z to no fault of their own have been raised in a digital world of likes , dislikes, muting , deleting, PMs , fans only , digital group attacks of enemies & min/max games .

The internet is a psychological window into comfort zones. Beyond just Axioms of Trevor. Behold the power of the herd sped up and wired for instant gratification.

Probably just something like oxytocin or endorphins that give you an accomplishment buzz for inclusion.

With inclusion/exclusion being the primary drivers. I wonder if the former and the resulting brain chemicals are less based on instinctual honor and more based on safety in numbers. Why else would the brain enjoy gossip and gang attacks.

Why not compose a list for how online socializing goes. No matter the environment. Or just rip off Greene's "48 Laws of Power".

1. The first comment in any group discussion always sets a tone for future responses. That chamber echoes from first retort.

2. More popular the person the more popular and contagious their opinion.

3. Never make enemies with admin or influential moderators.

4. Realize it's a majority rule, and you're more likely to have a positive experience if you line up your opinion with the largest consensus present.

5. People will adjust their opinion to appeal to prevailing sentiment of thread, group, or environment to stay in favorable positions.

6. Fighting is natural. Flame wars go with the mud flinging territory.

7. Fights will often establish two distinct camps which then act predictably against each other.

These could go on redundantly but I feel what you're driving at is how generations that grew up with internet socializing carried the clique impulse of high school into their internet group chats, which are every bit as valuable as "real life" ones.

As if written by a group vindictive debutants at times. Gossipy colosseum bloodlust reborn in a new medium. Cheering the criminals getting mauled by lions as a spectator provides a level of comfort and safety.

My opinion anyway.
edit on 9-7-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join