It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the power of prayer save an innocent child?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

If there is no God, what the parents did wasn’t really wrong. If there is no mind, prior to the human mind, to define right and wrong, it’s just us and our own biases and preferences that determine it. No objective right and wrong. So who can be write if it’s all relative? Sorry guys, you can’t have it both ways. If objective morals and right and wrong truly exist, so does God. If you believe there is no God, you can’t ever tell any other human “mind” that they are truly in reality objectively wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopeisasound

If you believe there is no God, you can’t ever tell any other human “mind” that they are truly in reality objectively wrong

there is something called science, not the institutionalized gate keepers, but the process you apply in order to determine the veracity of your assessment.

god or no god you wouldn't argue that 1+1=2?

Well some obviously do and despite the thousands of years we pray for this and that, the equation doesn't add up. Either we're applying the wrong formula or the assessment is wrong all together.

edit on 5-7-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What does science have to say about right and wrong? In a moral or ethics sense?

a reply to: Terpene

edit on 5-7-2022 by hopeisasound because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2022 by hopeisasound because: Auto correct

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
God took away her pain and suffering and made her whole again.

in a better place.

so prayers were answered.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I have seen someone with their spine broken in an accident (they were clearly paralyzed and totally insensate below the break), become healed, and walk out of the hospital a few hours after my wife an I prayed for them.

I have also seen several other healings, inexplicable by medicine or science, subsequent to prayer.

On the other hand, my son died of a second bout of cancer, despite our prayers.

I'd guess that God exists, but has their own purposes, to which we are not privvy.

You can't tell God what to do. You cannot manipulate God.

It is not valid logic to conclude that someone does not exist, because they don't do what you expect of them.

edit on 5/7/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

A tiny part of her body wasn't working properly, but is easily fixed by a supplement. This same supplement helps millions of others in the world, who live otherwise completely ordinary, full and healthy lives.

But you'd rather they were dead?

That says a lot about you and your religion. You can ram that up yours and keep it.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The moral outrage that you so beautifully articulated should tell you that indeed there ARE moral absolutes. Maybe not a lot but some. Therefore, if there are moral absolutes, there MUST be an intelligent mind prior to the human mind which determines morality lest we find ourselves arguing about relative truth and personal opinions.

The abuse of an innocent child is absolutely, positively, 100% ALWAYS wrong. Not cause it’s my preference or because I live in America or because I’m more educated than anyone else that says otherwise. It’s always wrong because that child has value and purpose and was created in the image of God.

If there is no God and we’re all just bags of chemicals bumping into each other, sh*t just happens and at the end of the day doesn’t really matter.

Your problem should be with those parents. Not the God of the universe. Which you say doesn’t exist anyways.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I have seen someone with their spine broken in an accident (they were clearly paralyzed and totally insensate below the break), become healed, and walk out of the hospital a few hours after my wife an I prayed for them.

I have also seen several other healings, inexplicable by medicine or science, subsequent to prayer.

On the other hand, my son died of a second bout of cancer, despite our prayers.

I'd guess that God exists, but has their own purposes, to which we are not privvy.

You can't tell God what to do. You cannot manipulate God.

It is not valid logic to conclude that someone does not exist, because they don't do what you expect of them.

Never agreed with you before now.
God will not be tested.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
No, because gods aren't real. At absolute best, prayer and belief is just placebo, but not in this heart-breaking example.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Actually the bible contains a perfectly good reason why the girl wasn't healed.

Put simply the first century Jews killed John the Baptist who Jesus Christ said was Elijah the Prophet. Because of that the curse mentioned in Malachi 4 was triggered. And looking up the details of the curse I found out the curse mentioned is a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. It's still running and appears it doesn't run out until 2033.

Therefore appeals to a "God" who's totally ticked off at most of the people on the planet probably would fall on deaf ears.

So all things considered you can't make that claim of yours until after the curse has run out.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hopeisasound

Biochemical stimuli that form patterns in your brain, aka emotions. If a lived situation repeatedly induces the same emotion you form a moral conclusion. This can and is being indoctrinated with questionable values that have no base in reality.

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   
RIP little girl.

If scripture isn't as righteous as today's laws. Is today's laws more righteous than God?

If not, then either, the scripture is not inspired by God or God is not very inspiring.

We just cannot have children being murdered by nutjobs. Perhaps all religions need be censored for correctness in today's society.

Thank you for creating the thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join