It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selling out to China was our biggest mistake of this generation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Since the late 80s we have slowly sold out to China (including our military secrets for campaign power) and we are now paying the price with hyper dishonesty and citizens that know less and less from right/wrong yet often think they are above it and don't understand why people are not respecting them at all when they talk rudely or do city trash talk.

We have a crude generation that is entitled ruining it for those of us that aren't that way or try not to be that way as they have the loudest voices on the web now sadly.

We did make our own bed.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I came across this video the other day talking about Chinese stuff going on in central and South America. Is he right or just FOS.. China buying/funding governments and politicians is a known fact by most people who look at this stuff so maybe there is more truth than hype ? youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

My standard of living has improved exponential due to affordable consumer goods from China.

If I paid korean prices for my electronic I'd have half as much and be using older models.

Sorry, but I'm keeping my chinese goods.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   

We have 100% enabled china to become a rival to the US in terms of armed forces from buying cheap chinese products and labour for the last ~30 years. They are masters of playing the long game, they foresaw this exact scenario happening. Now that they have a solid economy and are able to bankroll their own technological advances in every sector, including defense, the West have created their own greatest enemy of the 21st century.

They are now systematically rolling through the south pacific, buying there way into having military installations on the foreign soil of every small pacific nation reaching from mainland china to the tip of Australia. They're doing what Japan unsuccessfully attempted in the second world war, without deploying one soldier or firing a shot.

They have eyes on Australia and ultimately the military domination of the entire southern hemisphere. Mark my words, we're all in for a bad time if they achieve their goals.
edit on 5/7/2022 by Badams because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Badams

Could this why gaming has sucked since 2019 as company leaders whom make decisions know stuff we don't know? They have access to long term data what the future likely will be 2 years form now and make plans based on that data being at least 98 percent accurate and right now we are not in a good spot as systems are imploding.

I'm expecting a lot of boo hooing (myself included) over the next few years. We should've been in the next gen console war but instead we are still in last gen and game devs having to port things to the previous gen console as nobody can get the new consoles due to what you said above. China is manipulating the market creating artificial shortages. For what purpose I do not know but it needs to stop!

I don't think this would've been so bad under Trump's 2nd term he rightfully had but we have Brandon instead.
edit on 5-7-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2022 by SortingHat because: Systems imploding.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I find it kinda funny, all the rhetoric against China these days and the economic powerhouse it became.
Rarely mentioned though is the issue of all the big western companies, especially in the technology sector, who moved their manufacturing there. All done in the name of corporate profit, with cheaper labour and far less stringent environmental regulations. Corporate profit, above all else, and large ones all round at the country club for the execs!

The downside of course was / is the technology theft and Chinese goods using that technology undercutting the western corporate products. Not to mention of course all the factory workers whose jobs disappeared overseas.

I used to visit my company HQ in Mountain View CA a couple of times a year for team meetings / events and noticed straight away the large number of Far Eastern airliners lined up at SF airport. Walking around the company campus and past sites owned by MS and Google especially, I sometimes thought I'd been magically transported to Beijing or Delhi, with very few western / white employees visible.

I see more and more Chinese influence appearing across the Far and Middle Eastern countries with investment and building projects these days. Much as I don't trust the Chinese government / party dictatorship and worship of the state ingrained in Chinese nationals from birth, at least they are opening trade deals rather than simply finding a pretext to bomb those countries, install a puppet government and basically steal resources, which is the western model of choice!

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

As far as I'm aware, the majority of the insides of all modern gaming consoles and computers are manufactured in China. The last few years, we've been going through major tech shortages. Now with china's manufacturing capability being so great, you'd think they'd be able to easily keep up with the increase of demand. Alas, no, worldwide shortages. I personally think that the Chinese have had more important things for their tech manufacturers to be making components for, and products to export to the west have taken the back seat. Games have sucked the last few years, but I put that down to developers trying to people please and release games too early.

I think the real issue is far more insidious than most people seem to think and believe. I think, the world is perilously close to a third world war, and all the major players know this, as their think-tanks have predicted it for years.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

We should've been in the next gen console war but instead we are still in last gen and game devs having to port things to the previous gen console as nobody can get the new consoles due to what you said above

Except that none of the big manufacturers have anything on the table, they're happy with their hardware and don't want the expense of researching something new when most games don't stretch the current systems.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Badams

What if that's why all the big tech companies have been doing weird stuff lately? They know something is up. Nintendo is hording raw materials I think they know # is about to go royal and this time want to be prepared and Google doesn't seem to really be there anymore so I think they are involved in the one world AI system that will come after the war,etc. NATO has moved 30,000 troops around and is doing the biggest joint exercises since WW2! Something is up and I feel soon the other shoe will drop!

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Seriously I am Polish and we are a family of anti-communist that have risked much to fight communism politically even during Stalins time in the PRL (communist Poland). Now I want to say directly to you americans in the USA that you have corrupt people in your country that have lots of economical trade with the communist dictatorship China! What the world needs is sanctions against communist China and to stop trading with communist China so that we can remove the communist party and the communist system from communist China! In Sweden the politicians, maybe because of inspiration from the wealthy USA, have sold out parts of Sweden! The chinese have invested around 18 000 000 000 SEK in wind-energy in Sweden and they control all the metro in the capital of Sweden, Stockholm, and they even got a deal to build the metro larger.

China threatened the whole world by their nuclear weapon threats against Japan! What a scandalous behaviour! They are threatening Taiwan also.

More information in this article about bad Swedish-China relations (it is in Swedish, you can translate on the web): www.gp.se... (article against selling out Sweden to communist China).

We polish people defeated the Soviet Union system and I hope I can inspire you Americans in the USA to fight this bad bastion of communism that communist China is and they, the commies in China, even break human rights!
edit on 23-8-2022 by LechPoland because: Spelling.

edit on 23-8-2022 by LechPoland because: Spelling fixed.

edit on 23-8-2022 by LechPoland because: Spelling fixed again.

top topics

join