It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU warns of fossil fuel ‘backsliding’ as countries turn to coal,EU gas issues

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Someone claimed that the war in Ukraine Russia will be drained or that it that the war will be like a vampire draining all Russia's blood slowly out of Resources?

It appears that this conflict in Ukraine is slowly draining Europe and Germany out of fuel very quickly which now they are forced to return to coal and a return to coal as Germany has no LNG refineries for replacement of Russian gas and oil.

Another display how the sanctions seem to be working or draining Russia slowly.

EU warns of fossil fuel ‘backsliding’ as countries turn to coal

Total shutdown of Russian gas pipelines to Europe ‘is not inconceivable’
According to the EU its all good for battling climate change at the same time.

The shift – a reaction to power-hungry Europe being increasingly starved of Russian gas and oil – seriously undermines the EU’s vaunted ambition to become climate neutral by 2050.

edit on 28-6-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It seems the sanctions are hurting more of EU than Russia.

The GDP of a country doesn't count nor matter when your living costs, price of certain things go up due to the sanctions agaisnt Russia are affecting the living costs in Europe whatever you like or not to hear that.

Someone said if i have data.
I just dont have data i have news articles but if you want believe into dream or fantasy data that sanctions are hurting more you are free to believe that data.

Russia is the world biggest exporter of fertilizers.
Russia wont be affected by the ban of their fertilizers Europe will.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Take Germany for instance which receives 40% of her gas from Russia, they are going to have to reopen or bring out of mothballs the old power stations to meet their demands at least until Russia turns tail and heads back home in disgrace.
edit on 28-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

the old power stations to meet there demands at least until Russia turns tail and heads back home in disgrace.

Russia is very unlikely leaving or withdrawing from those areas in Ukraine nor in Crimea any time soon.
The only ones that should leave and stop using Ukraine for their imperial tendencies interests agaisnt Russia while permanently building bases while pretending that they are there to protect "liberty"

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

But Russia's need to control the European gas and oil markets is a major reason why they started this war. They don't want Ukraine to prosper and provide gas for Europe. Same reason they won't allow a Caspian pipeline from Turkmenistan. So letting them win would actually increase cost of living in Europe in the long term. Very foolish.

We've tolerated their little games for long enough now, it's time we put Russia in her place.

link   

Guess time will tell.

Personally i dont think Russia stands a chance against the greater part of the rest of the civilized world.

See its not just NATO that are against them but just about every other freedom loving nation on the planet.

As to NATO well they are indeed a defensive organization who's very existence came about to defend against Soviet/Russian incursion in to Europe.

Simple question all the same why do you imagine so many ex soviet block nations choose to become part of NATO?

See its not us they are afraid of but Russian and the likes of Putin.

Down with the Russia invasion and victory to the Ukrainians.

link   
What I find kinda hilarious is the idea, floated by Macron at the G7 meeting, of removing sanctions from Iran and Venezuela and buying oil from them instead.
I can just imagine the giggles reverberating around the halls of power in those 2 nations at the idea of supplying cheap oil to the very nations who have been causing such economic harm to them for years!

Hey Mr. Macron, the price is $300 / barrel...... up front, in our national currencies or gold!

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Your russophobia seems to cloud your judgement.
I am sure Sen John Mccain and Hillary would agree with you on Russia more.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   

As to NATO well they are indeed a defensive organization who's very existence came about to defend against Soviet/Russian incursion in to Europe.

What NATO in Libya just destroyed the claims that NATO is a defense organization.

who's very existence came about to defend against Soviet/Russian/Chinese incursion in to Europe.

I fixed that one for you.
You are right NATO exists as a organization agaisnt both Russia and Chinese incursion into Europe preventing their influence. While making sure that US dominates the whole Europe.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

With the G7 clown leaders leading our nations it appears another side effect of their decision is likely going to make oiol go even further higher.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Iran is allied with Russia. Instated of sanctions from Iran and Venezuela they could simply remove the Russian sanctions and the nightmare is going to end.

Trying to blockade Russia or isolate making it look like a third world or second world country is not going to work.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Guess time will tell.

Personally i dont think Russia stands a chance against the greater part of the rest of the civilized world.

Civilised?

See its not just NATO that are against them but just about every other freedom loving nation on the planet.

Freedom loving nations? Really? Those that jail people for reporting the wrong thing? Those who destroy other nations to prop up their own financial systems or to steal resources?

Simple question all the same why do you imagine so many ex soviet block nations choose to become part of NATO?

See its not us they are afraid of but Russian and the likes of Putin.

Down with the Russia invasion and victory to the Ukrainians.

Yep! Those civilised countries want their cheerleading talking head Zelensky to keep the body bags piling up while increasing the spending on military equipment. When the time comes, Zelensky will head off to his Miami mansion, probably to avoid being lynched by fellow Ukrainians.
For the bankers and those leaders invested in the arms corporations, it's large ones at the club to celebrate another welcome dividend payout.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Your russophobia seems to cloud your judgement.

Im old enough to remember the cold war if that's what you mean with "russophobia" palaver. LoL

I am sure Sen John Mccain and Hillary would agree with you on Russia more.

Not America son, you get that right?

Shall we try once more "why do you imagine so many ex soviet block nations choose to become part of NATO"?

edit on 28-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I dont need to to fix anything but simply answer the question.

"why do you imagine so many ex soviet block nations choose to become part of NATO?"

The US don't dominate Europe little bit they are simply part of the NATO alliance as history clearly illustrates and have been for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   

"why do you imagine so many ex soviet block nations choose to become part of NATO?"

Remember the color revolutions or regime changes that happened in those ex soviet countries as what happened in Ukraine during 2005? and 2014?

Are you going to deny those that happened?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   

The US don't dominate Europe little bit they are simply part of the NATO
No your right they dont have to dominate Europe when they are literately militarily occupying in Europe with 800 bases and embassies.

While making sure their vessel states stay the course.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Civilised?

Indeed compared to a lot of other places around the globe.

Freedom loving nations? Really? Those that jail people for reporting the wrong thing? Those who destroy other nations to prop up their own financial systems or to steal resources?

Think you may find its Russia threatening or handing down 15 year gaol sentences for thinking or saying the wrong thing.

As to our financial systems that's the bankers responsible there and who run that show if we are honest and hardly the domain of just nations alone.

Yep! Those civilised countries want their cheerleading talking head Zelensky to keep the body bags piling up while increasing the spending on military equipment. When the time comes, Zelensky will head off to his Miami mansion, probably to avoid being lynched by fellow Ukrainians.
For the bankers and those leaders invested in the arms corporations, it's large ones at the club to celebrate another welcome dividend payout.

The Guys name is "Zelenskyy" not "Zelensky" so there is that.

As to the body bags well that's Russia and Putin's doing by way of invasion of a peaceful neighbor, all they need to do to stop those mounting up is to turn tail and head home.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Maybe your beloved Jihadist NATO should had thought of things before using Ukraine agaisnt Russia or trying to Provoke Russia in Ukraine.

Or like the US trying to convince Ukraine that they would win agaisnt Russia.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Knowing what NATO did currently in the past few times i would call them "Civilized" at least comapred to the woke west.

The Russians are staying to their family traditions.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Sounds like hatred of the USA to me vNex92.

How's that working out for you?

About the same as Putin i imagine.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join