It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you divert your eyes watch what happens with prices

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
While everyone is yapping away about abortion watch closely.

If there is one thing i've learned it is that they always use distraction when bad things are coming.
Last night I was in the grocery store and saw a bag of Doritos was almost 7 bucks. Yes junk food and not necessary but never in my life did I think
a bag of chips would cost the same as the minimum wage! Don't you find that crazy?

Just watch, I forsee another big jump in prices. I also noticed that the grocery stores are now out of stock of a lot of items again. It was really good for a while, but now a lot of empty shelves and missing items again. I stocked up on some specific staples and now they are completely gone from the grocery store. I looked on Amazon and they are availble but at 3 to 4 times the "normal" price.

Keep your eyes open, don't fall for the theatrics. I'm convinced all these things are planned.
I don't know if there will be riots or not, but if so I think we have bigger things to worry about...

www.nytimes.com...

Fed Confronts a ‘New World’ of Inflation
Central banks had a longstanding playbook for how inflation worked. In the postpandemic era, all bets are off.
The global supply of goods has been curtailed by one issue after another since the onset of the pandemic, from lockdowns in China that slowed the production of computer chips and other goods to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which has limited gas and food availability.

edit on 24-6-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You know, from a Biblical perspective, you should move to the states that make abortion illegal as they will be blessed.

I agree though, whilst the left, pink haired psycho mob roam the streets, prices will skyrocket and it'll be blamed on the unrest, which benefits the social engineers because more social restrictions can come into play, yayyyyyy.

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I agree though, whilst the left, pink haired psycho mob roam the streets, prices will skyrocket and it'll be blamed on the unrest, which benefits the social engineers because more social restrictions can come into play, yayyyyyy.

Yup that is exactly what I think is going to happen. The riots are the cause of the food shortage and stores closing...
We'll see.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I hope not because peoples mental state at the moment is truly, truly scary, a missed meal may cost someone their life....a reply to: JAGStorm

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well, to be fair, a $7.50 minimum wage is hardly that.

It's more like a slave wage. So, comparing a seven dollar bag of chips to slave wages makes no sense to me.

And do people actually work for $7.50? I don't know one person who would. Do you?

edit on 24-6-2022 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Any way you add up "2022" you always get "666" 🥶

This IS the year !!

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Most min wages are much more depending on the economic zone 😎

The "$7.50" is just window dressing

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Not only is it a distraction, it's a conspiracy to turn women against Republicans to help secure the midterms for the Dems.

I'm not going to argue about two sides of the same coin but the timing is obvious.

The rigging is in full swing, once again.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Just before we heard about covid ,one night back in november 2019 i picked up on a American trucker going on about the lack of loads that were available to shift and how in the last 20 years he had never seen this before ,quite the opposite normally they were running loads like crazy .

one of the answers that came back was there were no more free ship loads of produce for bits of paper saying IOU , It was no mon no fun , no pay no play time .

At the time i just skipped over the thread [another site ] but it makes total sense now , especially when i read about truckers sitting idle with $ 150K rigs waiting for a $ 20 part for the engine and a 3 month wait for the part

ps you look a lot younger than i imagined

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Well, to be fair, a $7.50 minimum wage is hardly that.

It's more like a slave wage. So, comparing a seven dollar bag of chips to slave wages makes no sense to me.

And do people actually work for $7.50? I don't know one person who would. Do you?

Yes I do but they are all teens or college students.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
I hope not because peoples mental state at the moment is truly, truly scary, a missed meal may cost someone their life....a reply to: JAGStorm

I follow a lot of cooking and recipe forums and I've noticed every single day people starting to say what can they make they barely have any food left. We aren't there, but it's getting there real quick.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If increasing prices are making you crazy, just wait til you see how the Fed plans to try and fix it!!!

(Yeah, it's all about lowering the wages of the working class, so the Wall Street billionaires can keep their bonus's!)

In case the embed doesn't work, here's the actual link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I heard we're getting more Biden bucks though!
Enough for ten bags of Doritos, even.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

American trucker going on about the lack of loads that were available to shift and how in the last 20 years he had never seen this before

I was told the same thing from a trucker that wasn't able to deliver something I ordered. He told me in all his years he had never experienced what is happening and told me to buy local if I was able.

ps you look a lot younger than i imagined

Thank you ---Asian don't raisin

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I heard we're getting more Biden bucks though!
Enough for ten bags of Doritos, even.

Let me see if I can predict this well...

Crazy rising prices.
Maybe some summer blackouts for good measure.
Riots protest nonstop coverage
More natural disasters, wildfires, can't forget the wildfires.

Then like a miracle, there will be college debt forgiven
Biden Bucks
More stimilus.....one step closer to UBI

edit on 24-6-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have thought for a long, long time there will have to be enough chaos to force mail-in voting, at least in all the big cities. Whether another virus, country wide civil unrest, terrorist attack ( either internal or external)- whatever it takes. Some think there will be Marshal Law and there won't even be an election. All I know is the democratic plan is to win at all costs, no matter what it takes. The timeline for 'final plan' depends on it.

I remember the gas lines and moderate food shortages of the early '70's. There was a huge uptick on home canning, and wouldn't you know it; there was a shortage of sugar, jars and lids nation wide. A cousin was married to a truck driver who happened to haul for Safeway; he got stuck for because he couldn't unload his haul of jars; the warehouse was too full of them! Store manager said they were told not to put canning supplies on the floor.

That time period taught be to be conscious of what supplies one should always have on hand in the event of a food shortage, and how to find and preserve everything. Many backroads have fruit trees from long gone homesteads; the fruit isn't as big or pretty as what's in the store, but tastes just as good. Wild asparagus is every bit as good as store bought- maybe better, because it's free.

The people in the cities are going to suffer the most when/if it gets really bad. Right now, just about everybody I know relies heavily on food banks, even those with really good incomes. You don't need to provide any information; just show up and they fill your trunk with produce, meat, bread, milk, cereal, desserts- it's unreal! And every week there's a food bank somewhere around town handing out food.

Even when/if things start to improve, it's going to take a long time to gain back the prosperity that's been lost.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

What is old is new again, canning!

I’d like to remind people of other food preservation techniques-

Drying/dehydrating
Salting
Fermenting

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Do you believe that Americans only have room in their brains for one thing at a time?

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Do you believe your statement was at all necessary, on topic, or civil?

Back to the point, I'm sure all this is a distraction and well-timed at that. The US has had nothing but chaos cooking for decades now to the point of boil-over. Prices haven't even caught up to logistics costs yet.

Just wait until they "normalize" $4 a gallon for gasoline in the US.

That's the plan.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: nugget1

What is old is new again, canning!

I’d like to remind people of other food preservation techniques-

Drying/dehydrating
Salting
Fermenting

Salt and vinegar for preserving can be bought in bulk and stored forever.

I think it's a little late for those who haven't already been aware of how quickly things can go from bad to worse, and the drop in buying power makes stocking up now a bit prohibitive- even if things are still available.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join