It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Will Restart Coal-Fired Power Plants And Offer Incentives

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So much for that Green crap. Here is a big "I told you so idiots" from D Trump. In 2018, Trump publicly denounced them for intentionally making themselves dependent on Russian energy. They smirked and thought it was funny.

How funny is it now Germany? Fire up those coal plants no while you still can.

Trump accused Germany of becoming ‘totally dependent’ on Russian energy at the U.N. The Germans just smirked.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Trump said: “Germany will become totally dependent on Russian energy if it does not immediately change course. Here in the Western Hemisphere, we are committed to maintaining our independence from the encroachment of expansionist foreign powers.”

German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas could be seen smirking alongside his colleagues.

It wasn’t the first time Trump had lashed out at Germany over its gas imports from Russia.

During a NATO summit in July, he took aim at the Germans for the same reason, specifically singling out a planned 800-mile pipeline beneath the Baltic Sea called Nord Stream 2. “Germany, as far as I’m concerned, is captive to Russia because it’s getting so much of its energy from Russia,” Trump told NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, also speaking on camera at the time. “We have to talk about the billions and billions of dollars that’s being paid to the country we’re supposed to be protecting you against.”

Germany will restart coal-fired power plants

www.nytimes.com...

www.wsj.com...

BERLIN—Germany will restart coal-fired power plants and offer incentives for companies to curb natural gas consumption, marking a new step in the economic war between Europe and Russia.

Berlin unveiled the measures Sunday after Russia cut gas supplies to Europe last week as it punched back against European sanctions and military support for Ukraine.

edit on 19-6-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I remember them smirking.

They knew back then that they would have to restart the plants sometime soon but shunning the Orange thorn in their side was more important at the time.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hopefully Germany had these plants on standby. And not completely shut down, or worse In process of being demolished.

If it’s the former they could be online quickly, days or sooner? If it’s the latter they’d be looking at this winter or worse.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
A lot of World leaders mocked President Trump, because he often acted like a bull in a China shop. Now they mock Brandon. Sad, in 2024 I pray we have really great candidates. Also preferably candidates that aren't headed to the Geriatric ward.

edit on 19-6-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

But at least they all had the Ukrainian flag in their twitter profile so they will be excused by their supporters.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 19 Jun 2022 18:51:35 -05002220226America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Backagain
A lot of World leaders mocked President Trump, because he often acted like a bull in a China shop....

Not just the World leaders, EVERYBODY mocked Trump, because he made it too dam easy.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
Hopefully Germany had these plants on standby. And not completely shut down, or worse In process of being demolished.

If it’s the former they could be online quickly, days or sooner? If it’s the latter they’d be looking at this winter or worse.
Yeah, just having them shut down will require A LOT to get them back up and running again. 'Firing Up' those Boilers is the most dangerous time. Once they're running, there isn't much to worry about, but that initial start is when things blow up.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

Any time a boiler that has been in use is shut down for an extended length of time, there is a danger of loosing the tubes. Acid builds up in the refractory material while in operation and any small amount of moisture will cause it to eat the metal.

If they were kept completely dry, then it won't be a problem. If not, they will have to be rebuilt.

Years ago, I ran three boilers that each were bigger than a small house. When we installed the third one, it fell apart because it had not been ran for three or four years. We spent about six months rebuilding it. Now this was a gas fired boiler. The coal fired ones are worse about corrosive chemical buildup inside and the ones at power plants are much bigger than the one I helped rebuild.

Don't expect them all to be back up in less than a couple of years.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Trump was the cutting edge of prosperity, we had it all. What happened really? Why are at this point now? Don't let Politicians ruin your way of life! Back to coal!
edit on 19-6-2022 by INnEedOfgOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: INnEedOfgOD
Trump was the cutting edge of prosperity, we had it all. What happened really? Why are at this point now? Don't let Politicians ruin your way of life! Back to coal!

Because he was a dickhead when there was no reason to be one. Trump is the reason that Trump is not the President right now. His childish antics made people hate him so much that they actually thought Biden was a better alternative. It didn't have to be this way. You can thank Trump for it.

Honestly, I think that if someone had taken away his cell phone and kept him off of Twitter, the entire country would be muxh better off right now.
edit on 6/19/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Go green and fade to black .

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Great, now we'll be hearing about that fake type of CO2 that only comes from burning coal 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Backagain
A lot of World leaders mocked President Trump, because he often acted like a bull in a China shop. Now they mock Brandon. Sad, in 2024 I pray we have really great candidates. Also preferably candidates that aren't headed to the Geriatric ward.

Intriguing statement...not quite sure what is meant.

Let's face it though, Trump is a Russian asset, probably a captive asset at that, and his 'Prognostic'? mischief making about the Germans over NS[2) was only to be expected, just as Putin's WAR in Ukraine was expected.
Germany of course is the entity that froze NS(2) completion at this late stage.

'Brandon' of course already had a critique about NS(2)

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

This is what happens when "Woke" emotion-driven imbecile green leftists decide to push to follow the ravings of an ignorant 12 year old (2015) Greta Thunberg as opposed to knowledgeable engineering practice.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: INnEedOfgOD

Because he was a dickhead when there was no reason to be one. Trump is the reason that Trump is not the President right now. His childish antics made people hate him so much that they actually thought Biden was a better alternative. It didn't have to be this way. You can thank Trump for it.

Honestly, I think that if someone had taken away his cell phone and kept him off of Twitter, the entire country would be muxh better off right now.

Ummm…no…it was because of candy asses whose main purpose in life is to wear the most offended and shocked expression…as they bray about mean tweets while sawing away at their noses to spite their arrogant faces…

Only the most shallow allow themselves to be offended…and then actively create the means of their own suffering…and then point the finger at everything but their own self defeating moral indignation…

So the eff what that he told it like it actually is…the failing wasn’t his…it was in every one of you that couldn’t rise above your own inflated ego’s and illusions of righteous indignation…

The fault is all yours…so man up and own it…

YouSir

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

It doesn't really matter that they were "candy asses", he should've been smart to realize that they were, but he didn't care, so yeah, it's on him.....

But don't point any fingers at me. I'm not easily offended. I just clearly see that most people are.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I give those plants a 35% success rate.
Half of them are damaged from being shut down, 15% will struggle with competent staffing after tossing those good jobs out the window at the whim of government.

Shutting down was foolish and I hope those behind the decision wind up out of office, with lots of time to sit around thinking about it while they wait for the power to come back on

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Anybody who has read a history book written since WW2 knew that the foundational problems the USSR faced and created for everyone else were still present today. Moscow does not want to be a part of the world, they want to be the world. If they had only played by the rules for the last decade and another decade into the future they could have usurped all other superpowers on the planet. They chose to line the pockets of oligarchs and advance cronyism, all the while selling those of their culture the lie that western powers were to blame for what their common man has to go without. The writing has always been on the wall. Sad Europians have to eat crow to acknowledge it now, but I'm not above asking how it tastes when someone prominent "told ya so".

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I voted for Trump twice. I agree completely with these statements. Granted, he was put in a very divisive position being attacked by the MSM left, right, and center, but he also surrounded himself with morons of questionable lawfulness. Junior seems like a straight shooter, but the rest of em I wouldn't put in charge of a taco stand. Socially he was actually pretty middle of the road, which by today's standards means he was right wing. Economically he was conservative, but in a rare occurrence not one to rest on laurels. He was always chasing that next zero for the American economy.

On foreign policy I agreed with a lot of his decisions for those reasons, but also for those reasons not his foreign relations skills. He seems like a very domineering personality, and not one for placating formalities in any regard. On the world stage I think many found him to be abrupt, and only now as we see things have turned, rightfully so. Again, with the unending tide of absolute mud the MSM threw at him I can't really fault his charisma in returning fire in kind. I can fault him for thinking he would win such a fight without holding the high ground, though. He should have made more efforts to bring Americans together, he was kind of a boon for the republicans in that he brought many people who were traditionalists in such regard and new centrists alike.

I've said this before, but he was basically a NY democrat. Not capitalizing on that and instead alienating certain mindsets from both wings did him and the country a fair bit of damage in my opinion. He seems to believe in Americans and American values, but he really served himself up as a brutish crony if only to the MSM's ire, but in turn creating a perceived ideological division. I've also said this before, but he should have pushed for agendas which root out corruption and wasteful spending among politicians. That would have granted our nation immense vitality in comparison to all the Twitster jabs he finger banged across the desk of anyone with an internet connection. He wasn't really for the people, he was for the people's economy. That's not good enough in my book, though by far the best choice we've had in either regard for a long time.
edit on 19-6-2022 by AstroDog because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2022 by AstroDog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Backagain

Agreed. If we can have good leaders run for office, then we stand a chance. I hope we can get some young blood with strong leadership skills in office.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   

It represented very selfish politics from a presumed "leader" in the EU.

Surrounded by friendly nations, the German elite felt free to virtue signal in ways that have damaged both German national security and more widely, the security of other EU and NATO countries.

It can't be said enough. Angela Merkel and her coterie were a disaster for German society and German politics. And German politicians STILL haven't figured out they have an urgent need to place term limits on the office of Chancellor.

Even very recently, Merkel's attitude is that she has nothing to apologize for. And Germany is paying her a huge retirement income to display such an arrogant and uninformed attitude. Not good.

Cheers

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join