It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The speech of Vladimir Putin at St. Petersburg International Economic Forum 2022

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
St Petersburg International Economic Forum Plenary session

June 17, 2022 17:40 St Petersburg

President of Russia Vladimir Putin:

Thank you very much. President Tokayev, friends and colleagues,

I welcome all participants and guests of the 25th St Petersburg International Economic Forum.

It is taking place at a difficult time for the international community when the economy, markets and the very principles of the global economic system have taken a blow. Many trade, industrial and logistics chains, which were dislocated by the pandemic, have been subjected to new tests. Moreover, such fundamental business notions as business reputation, the inviolability of property and trust in global currencies have been seriously damaged. Regrettably, they have been undermined by our Western partners, who have done this deliberately, for the sake of their ambitions and in order to preserve obsolete geopolitical illusions.

en.kremlin.ru...

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What is your opinion of this?

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

The post WW2 global order must be protected! USA is Leader State and must remain Leader State! Rules Based Order. YOU FOLLOW OUR RULES! WE ARE WRITTING NEW ONES TOO CHINA! WE WILL CONTROL THE PACIFIC MFERS! WE WRITE THE RULES! FREE TRADE! BUT NO DUMPING YOU THIRD WORLD BASTARDS! edit ( Oh yeah - and dont threaten our national security.. Huawei. etc etc. And do what we say. But apart from that - FREE TRADE! ) Umm. DEMOCRACY! Look how much our citizens love it.

edit - PROTECT THE USD AND ITS RESERVE STATUS!

We will sacrifice as many Ukrainians as we need to!

edit on 17-6-2022 by thelastman because: (no reason given)

AMERICA!

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
What is your opinion of this?

I was expecting this speech to be even stronger, but even as it is, it's good enough.

It explains what is happening in the world (from the point of view of the Russian leadership) and what priorities of Russia's development it considers the most significant.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Fascinating. This is like somebody robbing their own store and then blaming it on customers as a justification to rob them too.

Absolutely fascinating.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

Ex captain of Russian football team has some interesting comments

the comment section praises him for speaking out in what he calls a "catastrophe" and a "complete horror", "Maybe they'll put me in jail or kill me for these words, but I'm telling it like it is,"

the comments within youtube can be translated to English and the majority show support for him and are seemingly against the 'special operation'

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
His face doesn't look as bloated and puffy as the last time I saw a photo of him.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Funny, I can understand about as much coming from Putin as I can Biden
At least Putin speaks in a foreign language, Biden is supposedly speaking English

My trust in US politics is zero unfortunately
Kinda coming around to Russian propaganda now, how things have changes so quickly

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

...in order to preserve obsolete geopolitical illusions.

lol pot calling kettle black and such.

the inviolability of property

Yeah well that's a romantic notion, if only the new oligarch gangsters would have left things as property of the Russian state it would still be untouched. But since Putin and friends robbed Russia blind they made it low hangig fruits, what was already stolen can't legally be stolen again you know.

He accused Ukraine to sell their grain for weapons. Also cute. Since Russia is stealing most of that too for consolidation of their savior role towards Asia and Africa, a kind of covert colonisation in itself since she's just rallying up supporters for the same hegemonial power game that's all so bad if the West is doing it, but if the East is doing it it's... all sunshine and rainbows.

I mean at least we slowly seem to progress from the completely insane 'Nazis! Nuclear!' crap towards a half realistic political communication.
The meds seem to work, good for him.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I agree with Putin that the fact that the United States can remain the master of the planet is a geopolitical illusion.

The oligarchs in Russia were raised by the West. And they have always felt quite comfortable in the West, unless it was about pressing them to overthrow Putin.

How does the oligarch Khodorkovsky feel?

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I was more thinking about Krivonogikh and how she + the pandora papers exposed the money laundering of Putin & friends. Kerimov and those people.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I was more thinking about Krivonogikh and how she + the pandora papers exposed the money laundering of Putin & friends. Kerimov and those people.

Everyone in Russia turns out to be friends of Putin, although no evidence of this is given.

I haven't seen any papers directly saying anything about Putin, although I have already offered to provide them to me on this forum - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I liked the reaction of the West to this speech on YouTube and here on the forum - everyone tried to pretend that it did not exist.

But everyone was surpassed by a certain Arva Video channel on YouTube. They present with the tag "Live" and "Streamed live on Jun 16, 2022" Putin's speech from 2015, i.e. substitution and deception of the audience.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Looks like Vladimir Putin fooled everyone into thinking he was dying of Cancer.

North Korea's Kim Jung-Un suckered the experts and media into thinking the same thing about him, approx 2 years ago.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Looks like Vladimir Putin fooled everyone into thinking he was dying of Cancer.

North Korea's Kim Jung-Un suckered the experts and media into thinking the same thing about him, approx 2 years ago.

It was the West that was engaged in self-deception attributing illness to Putin.

I have not heard Putin or Peskov claim that the President is ill.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   

This speech should embarrass all western leaders because he has just told the truth. The western economies are being wound down by simple bad management. America bans fertilizer imports from Russia Europe follows, and America rescinds that decision, but Europe is stuck with it. Trudeau grabs Gazprom pumps, and Germany won't get gas.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

This speech is, of course, a blow to Western propaganda.

According to experts, the EU’s direct, calculable losses from the sanctions fever could exceed $400 billion this year. This is the price of the decisions that are far removed from reality and contradict common sense.

For example, in this passage, the Europeans were explained that they are ruled by idiots.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   

"Nuts".

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   

It's patently clear that the west leadership is being run for the pecuniary interests of the few, if it continues it will cause all manner of populism and social unrest. Then we will be left with collapsed economies and basically be in the same state Russia was at the end of the Soviet Union. The money printing is running out of steam and the people who get the printed money for all the imported goods will not want to be left with wads of unbacked paper. Then those who benefit from the pecuniary interest have no incentive to change anything because they will not feel the effects.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

It's patently clear that the west leadership is being run for the pecuniary interests of the few

This has always been the case in the West.

Only two reasons could contribute to changing this situation. Fear of communism, which has largely declined after the collapse of the USSR and its European satellites.

And the fact that for the successful operation of capitalism it is necessary that a fairly large number of the population have significant purchasing power. In the West, this purchasing power of the population was maintained with the help of constantly cheaper credit. In 2008, the interest rate became zero. Thus, the way to maintain cheapening credit for the population was completely exhausted.

In other words, there is no longer any reason for the US government to be a majority government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join