It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeSantis Rejects Shipments Of COVID Vaccines For Children Under 5 Years Old

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot
Let me preface this by saying that I would never choose to have my child "vaccinated" with these things.

However, that is my choice. Isn't that what we've all been saying all along? That it should be our choice?

By refusing the shipment, doesn't that kind of restrict/alter that personal choice for FL residents?

Just sayin' we should be consistent. Especially when we're calling out the Faucis of the world for their inconsistencies.

Consistency is exactly the issue here. Either you empower your citizens to make their own choices or you don't. Mandating vaccines or rejecting deliveries at the border, it's the same principle. Someone is making a choice without asking you. And the double standard might be subtle but it's visible.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So basically, DeSantis is pandering and giving the impression that he did something when actually, he did not. The vaccine is still available, but the sense is the vax isn't allowed in Florida.

And I really don't understand what he has to do with it anyway. Are vaccines under the purview of a Governor now? Can, say, Texas say you can't get a flu shot. Of course not. So DeSantis is really just blowing smoke.

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
He has been the Trump 2.0 for a while now.
The next savior in this retarded theater.
I don't buy it.

The shots for kids is for one reason.
Immunity from prosecution once it makes the children's immunizations list.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Let me preface this by saying that I would never choose to have my child "vaccinated" with these things.

However, that is my choice. Isn't that what we've all been saying all along? That it should be our choice?

By refusing the shipment, doesn't that kind of restrict/alter that personal choice for FL residents?

Just sayin' we should be consistent. Especially when we're calling out the Faucis of the world for their inconsistencies.

Consistency is exactly the issue here. Either you empower your citizens to make their own choices or you don't. Mandating vaccines or rejecting deliveries at the border, it's the same principle. Someone is making a choice without asking you. And the double standard might be subtle but it's visible.

Where has Desantis banned the vaccine in Florida?

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

ALL Government Suggested VACCINES are POISON and Will Effect your Health in Negatives Ways . There , I just Said what MOST SANE PEOPLE Think and Some are Afraid to Admit .
edit on 17-6-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

The shot is approved (however it was done). To my mind, any limitation of or intrusion upon my right to decide for myself when/where/how to get or not get it is wrong-headed.

I get it. I think it's petty, and that this is just one more thing that DeSantis is using to bolster support for his presidential bid in 2024.

Petty ?

Letting people choose for themselves is "petty" ?

Because I should accept to be imposed a decision by a senile President ?

And you say this AFTER we now know that the Covid shot causes clots and myocarditis, among many major side effects, quite aside from the fact it does not prevent transmission or infection or even death.

Careless disregard for human life.
You demand people submit to the Left.
Or else....

What a wondeful "caring" "humane" person you are......surely you admire the "caring" and "humane" work of the Cheka ? ....

www.youtube.com...

(Movie on the Russian Left's Cheka - warning: disturbing to truly humane members of ATS. Perfectly illustrates the "caring" and "humanity" of the Left)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I see your point for sure.

The thing is that if you decide to consent to something you only have the information that you are given to make that decision.

If the information is withheld, inaccurate, or a downright lie then it’s flawed consent and not informed consent.

If the State of Florida knows this then they are doing what is best for their citizens.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by:MiddleInsite
So basically, DeSantis is pandering and giving the impression that he did something when actually, he did not. The vaccine is still available, but the sense is the vax isn't allowed in Florida.

You cant really trust most news outlets. This one says that he is allowing Dr.s
and hospitals to order vaccines.
www.wfla.com... r-5/

Maybe he is keeping the vaccines out of the
hands of the idiots running the public school system
edit on 17-6-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Petty ?

Letting people choose for themselves is "petty" ?

There is no mandate for children under 5 to take the vaccine, even in all the other state that are ordering the vaccine from the federal government. Everyone gets to choose for themselves whether or not they want to get their kiddos vaxxed.

What DeSantis is doing is making it harder for Floridians to access the vaccine for their kids if they want it. Putting barriers in the way of parent who want their kids vaxxed is petty.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Look, vaccines must be administered by an authorized person.

In CA there are cases of kids getting vaccines without parents consent!
They are actually trying to let 12 year old kids get vaccines without
a parental consent.

I think this is just the Democrats trying to find a way to criticize
DeSantis, as things are looking pretty dim for them come mid terms.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Look, vaccines must be administered by an authorized person.

Mine were state sponsored vaxxes and were administered by an RN.

In CA there are cases of kids getting vaccines without parents consent!
They are actually trying to let 12 year old kids get vaccines without
a parental consent.

Okay. California isn't Florida. But that's not even what this is about. This is a vax specifically for kids 5 and under. DeSantis is making it so those vaccines are going to be harder to access for people who want/need it.

edit on 17-6-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

He is allowing Dr.s and hospitals to order
them, so how is that restricting much access?

Parents cant just go buy them and jab the kids
themselves anyways....

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

From what I understand, is only doctors clinic/hospitals that have government contracts, not state contracts.

Florida is the only state in the country that did not request COVID-19 vaccine from the federal government to give to young children. But that doesn't mean the vaccine won't be available.

Parents still can get the vaccine from doctors or from pharmacies that partner with the federal government, such as CVS.

www.wfit.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Well I doubt that would have a significant impact on any
parent determined to jab a 5 year old

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yeah, it's not the end of the world. And, it's a petty and pandering thing to do.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well if as you say, DeSantis refused Federal vaccines for State
hospitals, it’s not petty, it’s his duty as a Governor to hold true
to his voters.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
it's a petty and pandering thing to do.

amateur here are the pros:

Despacito baby

edit on 12630America/ChicagoFri, 17 Jun 2022 21:12:05 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Well if as you say, DeSantis refused Federal vaccines for State
hospitals, it’s not petty, it’s his duty as a Governor to hold true
to his voters.

Well, he's changed his mind.

We are encouraged that after repeated failures by Governor DeSantis to order COVID-19 vaccines even after every other state had ordered, the State of Florida is now permitting healthcare providers to order COVID-19 vaccines for our youngest children. We believe it is critical to allow parents everywhere to have the choice to get their kids vaccinated and have a conversation with their pediatrician or healthcare provider. Even though Governor DeSantis reversed course and is now ordering vaccines, we will pull every lever to get pediatricians across Florida vaccines as quickly as possible. This is an encouraging first step, and we urge the state to order vaccines for its state and local health departments, so that all Florida parents have the opportunity to get their children vaccinated.

DeSantis reverses decision, allows Florida doctors, hospitals to order COVID-19 vaccines for kids under 5: reports
edit on 17-6-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I posted the same on the last page *shrug*

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I was wondering why the vitriol against De Santis was getting beyond shrill.
He doesn't like their stabslobber.
Bad man! Kid hater!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join