It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Statue of Mary Turning Her Eyes? What was it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A few years back i had bought a Statue of Mary for a family member.
What was the most strangest thing about this specif statue is when you pray directly to it.

When you pray directly and close your eyes you wont likely notice any differences nor anything of the ordinary.
Until you look directly into the statue.

For a few split seconds the medium small size statue of Mary would turn around and look at you.

I still cant explain this phenomenon.
I thought it might interest some of you if you are catholic.
edit on 6-6-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I'm Catholic.

I have a small statue of an angel and for a while it kept turning to look at a photo of my grandmother who had recently passed.

At first it was charming, I thought my grandmother was communicating with me.

Then it started to creep me out.

I expressed how it was disturbing me and it hasn't moved since.

I have no explanation for the phenomena.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

At first it was charming, I thought my grandmother was communicating with me.

She was!

P

edit on 6/6/2022 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

She was a sweet, wonderful woman. I love her dearly.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   

vNex,

Do you still have the statue? Have you considered trying to make video of what you are perceiving?

I've visited a couple of sites of Marian visitations. I've no idea what transpired in those locations, but clearly the events had a significant impact on the communities involved.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Wait … I’m Confused ,…the statue would turn around and look at you ? Why were you praying to it’s back ? … or what did you mean by that ? I’m not catholic , but I thought the Virgin Mary faces you ..am I wrong? And F2D5ThCavv2 is right , you should make a video .

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

When you look at her face for a while the eyes look directly at you.
You know they made a sudden movement as if its was alive.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Try to get a video of the statue. I would love to see this!

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I wish you could just post a picture of the statue then we might be able to understand what your saying. My Nana had so many statues in her house she was Italian and came to America with nothing and being a devoted Catholic claimed they provided everything for her and her family and would pray and do the rosary daily . They were all over the house I would catch her speaking with them in Italian like she was talking to a neighbor or a family member It honestly scared me especially when she would speak to Jesus on the cross it was a very brutal looking the eyes were excruciating I could not look directly at it. I always wondered what happened to them when she passed away. Loved to see a picture of your statue.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I be it was your grandmother communicating with you.
At the very least, what ever it was had no malicious intent, or else it would had ignored your request to stop.

I know this isn't on the same level.
But when my dog Loki had to be put down, when ever I got sad thinking about him,
it was almost as if something knew and I would hear his crate rattle.
Giving me that comfort that he was still there in one form or another.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

when my dog Loki had to be put down, when ever I got sad thinking about him,
it was almost as if something knew and I would hear his crate rattle.
Giving me that comfort that he was still there in one form or another.

I have had similar experiences, making me wonder if the 'veil' between dimensions is more easily crossed by animals.

My husband is a 100% non-believer in all things paranormal, yet when I mentioned I kept getting quick glimpses of our beloved cat after it passed, he said "Funny you say that; I could swear I've seen him sitting in his favorite spot several times now".

@ vNex92 I've not had any experience with religious objects such as the ones described here, but I did have one with a beloved doll when I was younger.

I have no idea why so many people have such strange occurrences, but it's led me to believe the paranormal is actually a normal phenomenon that is yet to be understood. Everybody I've ever met has had at least one event in their life that has no known rational explanation.

Scientific studies at Harvard have studied Monk's who can control their body temperature and heartbeat believe the phenomenon is an profound example of the mind’s ability to influence the body. Just think of the possibilities if everybody knew we had this power, and how to control it!

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I personally don't think spirits of deceased people or animals hang out and do tricks like these. It wouldn't make any sense that they'd "come down" from heaven and do these subtle things.

That would mean they have the power and ability to physically move objects, create noises by moving objects. Then, you have to consider going further and them being able to actually manipulate the make up of physical matter to do things like make eyes move on a statue. If they could do that, they could make their presence known in more direct ways.

Also, these kinds of phenomenon would happen more often with more people because all spirits would have the ability to do these things. Making eyes move on a statue is kind of creepy and could be done by any spirit if they can do these things.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You might as well claim the statue of Mary gets her period after you pray. No evidence to support your statement unless you have something to share?

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Oh... the eyes seem to look at you! I was picturing the torso twisting 45 degrees for a moment.

Idolatry, especially common Mexican death cult and Catholic, creeps me out... as do marionettes ... and people who own exotic pets.

But there's some term or neurological explanation for paintings and statues seeming to follow you with their eyes... twisting inorganic bodies would be more likely to convert the masses, though, if Mary is listening.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: Meldionne1

When you look at her face for a while the eyes look directly at you.

I’ve got a taxidermied eagle on the wall of my bungalow that does the same thing....when you look at it’s eye long enough that is.

edit on 762022 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Religious people will believe anything without proof. Seems like it happens often so it shouldn’t be a problem getting a video of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Just saying . . .
COVID Vaccines Linked to New Type of Incurable,
Fatal Degenerative Brain Disorder.
childrenshealthdefense.org... eId=9c2f0145-8a41-435d-9771-58ad9acdec2e
? doesn't the goodbook have warnings about
statues, and idols, making stuff as that contradictory ?

edit on 7/6/22 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

This happened a few years before covid was a even thing.
I know in Eastern Europe there were things like Weeping Marry statues which the Church than hides it.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Try to get a video of the statue. I would love to see this!

I will see what i can do.

new topics

top topics

join