It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught in a Wayfair Order Loop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It was Wayfair Day, actually it's a 2 day event. I was shopping for a task chair for my sewing table, because I keep hitting my knees on the table when I use a dining room chair. I found a nice chair, at a good price, but it came as a set of 2 chairs. No problem, I can sell one, and that will bring the price down even further.

The chairs:

I also bought a little kitchen caddy on wheels. It came the next day! But, I got a notice saying the chairs were on back order and would arrive about a week later. No problem.

The chairs arrived, but instead of getting a delivery confirmation, I got a notice from Wayfair saying my order was delayed! I thought it was a mistake that they would probably catch, especially since I got 2 more "delayed" noticed after that.

Well, a couple of days ago, they arrived! Instead of getting a delivery confirmation for the 2nd set of chair, I got another notice from Wayfair saying my order would be DELAYED, and my chairs are scheduled to come this Thursday!

A little background. When I placed the order, I didn't realize that Wayfair still had my old address. When, about 20 minutes after I placed my order they sent me an order confirmation, I realized the address was wrong, I went to their website and went through their "change the shipping address" menu. About an hour later I received an email saying it was too late to change the address. I called and talked to rep, who said they couldn't do anything about it, nor could I cancel my order, because shipping labels had already been printed and it was in FED EX hands now. Long story short, I had to go to my old apartment to pick up the kitchen caddy. The moral of this story is, Wayfair can't do anything once the shipping label has been created.

However, later, because the chairs were back ordered, I was able to correct the shipping address from their website.

Also, Wayfair still hasn't charged my Wayfair credit card account for the chairs, because they seem to think they haven't been delivered yet.

I thought I could sell 1 chair of the 2 I originally ordered. I guess I could try to sell all 3, that I have now. I figure Wayfair is going to figure out I got the shipment twice, and will try to bill me, so if I sell them, I can pay the bill when the bill finally comes.

But now, I'm looking at another shipment! How long are they going to keep sending me chairs? What are they going to do when they finally figure this out?

Any advice ATS?

edit on 17-5-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Any advice ATS?

Order a Ferrari next.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The first, and LAST time I will ever order from wayfair, it took several months and dozens of phone calls to get my order.
But only 1/3 of it showed up.
They admitted to forgetting to ship another 1/3, and assured me the last 1/3 was delivered- but it wasn't.
I simply called my credit card company- they reversed the charge and I kept the 1/3 that I did get.

Saved about 3 grand- but it honestly wasn't even worth it.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Move. Move now! Eventually there will be so many chairs delivered, you won't be able to get into your street much less your home.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Wayfair = Slave Labor Crap from China.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Usually, if you eat the steak you're obligated to pay for it. I'd contact them and request a return shipping label; in most cases, they tell you to keep the merchandise, as paying for return shipping and then having to list as 'used' wipes out their profit margin.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Remember the good old days when it wasn't that but you could instead get perfectly good missing children?

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Any advice ATS?

Order a Ferrari next.

LOL

Found this on Reddit:

Duplicate orders
So we ordered a rather large pricey 12v jeep for our daughters Birthday. When the delivery dates were delayed we complained and they re-sent the order. A month later we have 2 jeeps!

Reddit

a reply to: nugget1

From the same Reddit thread

If you didn’t pay for two, we won’t charge you unless you call and ask us to. So enjoy the second Jeep!!!

Shrug

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Remember the good old days when it wasn't that but you could instead get perfectly good missing children?

Just the plethora of harvested organs, alone, made it awesome.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wayfair has just what you need 😸

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I have limited experience with Wayfair, ordered a computer desk from them, pre-pandemic, and received order very timely and in perfect condition.

However, I placed an order with them just this past March (2022,) for a chest-type freezer, which was on backorder at the time, and have been advised that it "should" arrive mid-June, next month. My credit card has already been charged for the order.

Hopefully I'll still be able to afford food to stock the freezer with by the time it's delivered.

Supply chain issues have really been exacerbated by the 2020 upheaval.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

That is hilarious.

I imagine chairs stacked to the ceiling in your house after a few months.

I'm sorry to laugh but it's a pretty silly situation.

I have no idea what you can do. One time I ordered a scale from amazon but it kept being back ordered for months so I canceled it.
Few weeks later it showed up. My card was never charged. I kept it and use it . That was a few years ago. So i say keep any chairs that you want and sell the rest.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Can you prove that?

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

I have an in about freezers. Up until 2 months ago I worked in shipping logistics for ge.

The materials that are needed to build freezers were hit particularly hard during the shutdowns. Freezers are the most on back ordered appliances that ge sells.
Getting freezers is going to be ruff for years to come.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Mantiss2021

I have an in about freezers. Up until 2 months ago I worked in shipping logistics for ge.

The materials that are needed to build freezers were hit particularly hard during the shutdowns. Freezers are the most on back ordered appliances that ge sells.
Getting freezers is going to be ruff for years to come.

Oddly enough, the freezer I ordered is a GE model, ordered specifically due to its "garage ready" and energy saver qualifications. Had good reviews as well.

Oh well, at least they'll have some place to store the body once I've starved to death!

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Can you refuse delivery from that sender specifically?

I've never had to stop people from sending me things so I honestly don't know.

Very Black Mirror. Perma-orders being churned our by machines nobody remembers how to stop What a bizarre hassle to deal with. I hope it resolves soon for you. I can't imagine how high their margins are if they can afford to remain in business with such a poorly designed order system. This doesn't seem like a problem a company this big should be having in 2022.

Then again, maybe it's exactly what we should expect in 2022.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I haven't had much luck with FED EX either. I tried to put a vacation hold on the package. That didn't work. They told me that the FED EX driver would call before the delivery, and I could refuse a delivery. He didn't.

Wayfair won't begin any kind of return action until the transaction has been finalized, and it won't finalize because, according to them, it hasn't been delivered.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I haven't had much luck with FED EX either. I tried to put a vacation hold on the package. That didn't work. They told me that the FED EX driver would call before the delivery, and I could refuse a delivery. He didn't.

Wayfair won't begin any kind of return action until the transaction has been finalized, and it won't finalize because, according to them, it hasn't been delivered.

Sounds like a potential 6 month endeavor culminating in finally reaching somebody that's able to fix it with a few clicks. If they start including links to realtors in their emails it may be a hint that things aren't going so well on their end.

If I may make a proposal.

SookieChaCha's ChaChaChair Emporium

Just keep that on the back burner.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I will!

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ok, that is definitely some strange luck Now the thing is to reproduce this trick with winning lotto tickets!

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

If I may make a proposal.

That cracked me up, K, very clever

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join