It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sri Lanka Is Collapsing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outerlimits13
This is what’s going on right now with energy and electric cars in the US. We are going to be at a standstill soon…and we’ll just get excuse after excuse how it was someone else’s fault.

That's the problem with electric cars that nobody talks about: A blackout automatically becomes a transportation crises as well.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They banned non-organic fertilizer in May last year. They didn't secure an import from China till September last year, a shipment that was eventually refused.

Struggling to find any official details of the replacement shipment they got but everything seems to point towards end of February or beginning of March 2022. That's 10 months without a vital import.

May 2021 - fertilizer ban

September 2021 - shipment of 20,000 tonnes of fertilizer sent from China, shipment refused.

Late November 2021 - Sri Lanka agrees deal for replacement fertilizer and partially lifts ban on artificial fertilizers.

Feb/March 2022 - Sri Lanka finally received shipment of 8,000 Tonnes of organic fertilizer.

I can provide links and even interject my own opinions too. I'd rather just say the picture is clear as day regardless of how it's framed.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Maybe they should work on their New Hunger Games.
I see Old Joe Crow and Pissaki are hard at on The Hunger Games in the USA.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Your dates are quite indicative of the reason why government policies tend to fail. They do not respond to changing conditions with any sort of timeliness, nor do they tend to anticipate known future scenarios.

Farming is a great example. I have watched people lately trying to grow gardens, which I relate to as "micro-farming." Both gardening and farming are dependent on the weather and seasons. Some will plant a garden as soon as the stores begin offering seeds for sale. They plant the seeds in cold soil when frost is expected, then wonder why their plants die off as soon as they poke up from the ground. Of course they die; they were planted too early. Others will wait until the weather is nice and perfect and they manage to make time in their busy schedule. Then these wonder why at the end of the season the plants are so much smaller than they should be. They were planted too late.

The farmer understands that the weather decides when to plant, not other obligations. As soon as the window for optimal planting opens, a farmer is busy from sunup to sundown getting seeds in the ground. He understands that this is his only shot in an entire year to make a crop.

Today's average gardener can see a garden with sprigs of grass or weeds starting to come up among the plants and think "I'm busy right now; I'll weed the garden this weekend." Then when the weekend comes the ground is either too hard or too wet to work effectively. The farmer sees this and knows that the sooner they can remove the weeds, the easier it will be.

Today's average gardener sometimes thinks "OK, the garden is full of weeds. No problem; my plants will grow bigger than the weeds." The farmer knows that those weeds are not just an inconvenience to harvesting; they are a threat to the plants. Weeds take moisture and nutrients from the soil that the good plants need and choke them out.

That's normal people... governments are worse. Governments run 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Governments ignore weather and seasons (save extreme storms and natural disasters, but they try to ignore those as well). If something requires 3 months to accomplish, it requires three months; the red tape and documentation must all be in order or the job doesn't get done today. Government is all about office hours and taking their time. That is incompatible with reality, especially in agriculture. As a result, any regulations made by government concerning agriculture can be expected to cause harm to the industry. Other industries are harmed by similar conditions as well, but agriculture is the most vulnerable.

That's why the 9 scariest words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

It appears the regime changes in Sri Lanka hasn't gone well either there.
Wasn't there a regime change a while back in Sri Lanka?

Regime change in Sri Lanka sounds like a family affair which means you just go from one member of the clan to another.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That could never happen here. Because... uh... because... well... stuff. And reasons!

Besides, you're just a right-winger trying to rain on our parade.

(Been practicing my "woke speak"... did i do it right?)

TheRedneck

Well, lets review that. You made a statement, while being unable to add reason to it and ended it with using "Right-wing" in a suggestive manner as if it is by default a insult.

I'd say you earned a 10 out of 10 for that attempt to mimic the left.
You did however very much softball it so i will have to deduct 1 point for that so you get a 9 out of 10 for that.

Word of advice: squeeze in the words Racist and or homo/transphobe and misogynist next time to earn the coveted 11 out of 10 on the democratic scale.

You are welcome

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Your dates are quite indicative of the reason why government policies tend to fail.
a reply to: TheRedneck

i will refrain from quoting the entire post but that was excellently put.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Wow, thank you! I'll take that to heart, just to combat racism and homophobia. I will someday reach that 11 out of 10 goal! 110%! Yeeeee-ha!

Oh, wait... I think I dropped a point for using math...

Damn.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

That's the problem with electric cars that nobody talks about: A blackout automatically becomes a transportation crises as well.

Imagine millions of cars across the country charging on an already over-burdened grid. There's going to be a lot of blackouts.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

"At the same time anarchy is seeking to sweep away all law, not only divine, but human. The centralizing of wealth and power; the vast combinations for the enriching of the few at the expense of the many; the combinations of the poorer classes for the defense of their interests and claims; the spirit of unrest, of riot and bloodshed; the world-wide dissemination of the same teachings that led to the French Revolution--all are tending to involve the whole world in a struggle similar to that which convulsed France." Written by Ellen G. White in 1903.

What the world, and yes, the Western nations, will be involved in will be scenes of such disaster that "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken." 21:26.

Prepare yourselves food and supplies for the mean time, but also prepare to meet God.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Sounds like it’s time for the feral dog and cat population to be culled because food.

No, they just didn't do it right. If I was there, it never would have happened because my plan would have worked. Just say'in..

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanZek

"At the same time anarchy is seeking to sweep away all law, not only divine, but human. The centralizing of wealth and power; the vast combinations for the enriching of the few at the expense of the many; the combinations of the poorer classes for the defense of their interests and claims; the spirit of unrest, of riot and bloodshed; the world-wide dissemination of the same teachings that led to the French Revolution--all are tending to involve the whole world in a struggle similar to that which convulsed France." Written by Ellen G. White in 1903.

What the world, and yes, the Western nations, will be involved in will be scenes of such disaster that "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken." 21:26.

Prepare yourselves food and supplies for the mean time, but also prepare to meet God.

God's greatest creation was Man (and Woman) and what are they trying to change, to redefine? Their evil permeates every institution including where the youngest among us learn.

"But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

I would have never imagined 30 years ago what we tolerate today. We will all pay for their filth.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The problem with most countries has been at least a hundred years in the making. What is considered progress is just revealed itself as fashion. Basic life skills have been replaced by "Eazy Peezy" Having a few chickens a garden and a workshop, would have made the difference between a slow death and a prosperous life.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

During the second world war, certain countries, changed the cars to run on wood gas, screaming and tearing your hair out just causes more problems, whatever happened to just adapting.

What are you going to adapt WITH? There won't be much available. Especially in the cities. They've been stripped of resources and critical thinking. They're completely sheepified and can't do much for themselves.

People can barely heat a can of soup in the microwave. With their noses glued to their devices, they have no clue what is going on around them, let alone how to deal with what is coming. Add to that the millions of illegal immigrants that are flooding the country and will soon be taking our jobs, the ability to support oneself will also be a defunct option.
edit on 18-5-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The problem with most countries has been at least a hundred years in the making. What is considered progress is just revealed itself as fashion. Basic life skills have been replaced by "Eazy Peezy" Having a few chickens a garden and a workshop, would have made the difference between a slow death and a prosperous life.

In this world, if you have "something" during a crisis moment, everyone else who didn't know how to prepare (90% of humanity), will take that "something" from you.

edit on 5/18/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I am waiting in horrified fascination for the day we witness an attempted mass evacuation in a world of mostly electric vehicles under a recharging ration scheme and it becomes a mass casualty event because no one can drive out of harm's way.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: everyone

Wow, thank you! I'll take that to heart, just to combat racism and homophobia. I will someday reach that 11 out of 10 goal! 110%! Yeeeee-ha!

Oh, wait... I think I dropped a point for using math...

Damn.

TheRedneck

I was just about to chastise and cancel you for using racist methods like math when reading but but i will grant you a 0.1 in addition for seeing the violence in your ways, you may keep your blue checkmark, for now

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Klassified

I am waiting in horrified fascination for the day we witness an attempted mass evacuation in a world of mostly electric vehicles under a recharging ration scheme and it becomes a mass casualty event because no one can drive out of harm's way.

Oi, that doesn't sound like much fun at all. I think keep my fossil burner.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Just another Day in " Their " Plans to Depopulate the Earth for their Own Selfish Reasons . The WORLD is at WAR For REAL Now ........(
edit on 18-5-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You are probably right.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join