It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA website shows up close Mars rover picture of clear doorway in side of hill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: trollz

did anyone check the size of the opening? I only ask as the old woman thing a few years ago looked really good until you find she was a few inches tall. I hope this isn't her door.

With Mars being one third the size of the earth a 6 foot human would only grow to 2 foot tall on Mars ,just like fish humans grow to their environment

That would be based on gravity...

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Neither of the two large chunks fit. Check the layering then attempt to fill the hole with them. You can't. Having said that, looks like any number of natural formations here on our rock.

As an aside, anyone else notice the tank-turret shaped formation at the top of the ridge in the NE quadrant (gigapic)? Would really like a geologist's opinion on that. Sorry, I'm flat ignorant on posting pics. Hopefully someone more capable will post that section when the see it.

edit on 12-5-2022 by 1010set because: Sussed it out.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Spacespider
Here's a more enhanced version, gigapan
Look at the top left centre.

Go fullscreen and use mouse scroll to zoom in

www.gigapan.com...

Using this it's pretty obvious it isn't a door.

Agreed. It looks like a very shallow cave.

With a rock awning for shade, when sitting outside?

Are scientists scared to drive up to the doorway?
edit on 5/12/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

When my birth father, a 33rd degree Mason who worked as an engineer for NASA on the Apollo IX, X and XI projects under Von Braun told me, when I asked if we had been to the Moon, that yes, we had, I knew it was a lie and that we had not, in fact, gone to the moon. True story.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This looks like a bunch a machinery….

edit on 12-5-2022 by Gforce55 because: Adding image

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There are hundreds of straight line fractures in these rocks. When the rock ledges fail, the sections cleve on the fractures so there are a lot of geometric shapes and voids. Probably just a matter of time before a rectangular area is formed.

The rock type is probably very dense and uniform. Could be a basalt or a metamorphic version of basalt, like schist?

The surfaces of the voids are also covered with layers of white sand, making it look like a plaster job.
edit on 12-5-2022 by charlyv because: Spelling, where caught

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Elvicious1

Yeah it's not though, is it.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Reality-check from "Planetary Landscapes"

Geology at work! This image has been around the internet since it was released, and for a good reason. First, it is absolutely genuine, no photoshopped. And then, you can imagine the comments going wild: "Oh, looks like the house of the hobbits"... Frankly, we would be almost tempted to add a tiny door...Yes, to put things into perspective, this feature is about 30 cm in size (a foot), so fairly small. And, you can see from the rest of the image that it is actually the result of geology. You can see straight angles everywhere in the deposits surrounding it and a fracture line parallel to it to the left. The missing piece of rock is actually to the left, less than a meter a way to the left and tilted. It might have been separated after a quake, possibly a small asteroid falling in the area. That's a great picture! Credit Image: NASA/JPL-Caltech.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 13-5-2022 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Okay.. there have been much talk about a ancient doorway on Mars and other mystery things caught in the Gigapan picture.

Are they about the reveal that Mars was once inhabited by intelligent beings, or still is ?

Be sure not to miss this upcoming event

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Creaky Blinder is not impressed by the doorway claim.

edit on 14/5/2022 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   
After watching Creaky's video I spotted something that made me re-think my earlier suggestion. My original though twas that the opening in the rock matched the large boulder downlsope of it.

Looking at it again, it's more likely that this rock originated from a source to the left of the opening. The opening itself has more likely been exposed by the smaller rock fragments nearer to it:

MArs is seismically active, and that's why these rocks can be dislodged along cleavage planes.

Apologies if anyone else drew the same conclusion and I missed it.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   

did anyone check the size of the opening? I only ask as the old woman thing a few years ago looked really good until you find she was a few inches tall. I hope this isn't her door.

You believe that big pharma is using graphene Nano-particles to reduce the world's population based on the prophesies of the Georgia Guide stones, so that Hillary Clinton can take over the world. Yet you're skeptical about a stone doorway on a planet abundant evidence of an ancient civilizations?

Doesn't matter if it's 6 feet or 6 meters, it's a door.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
I would love to hear this explanation because to me this is pretty damn clear.

Explanations?

It's a rock
It's ... a rock
It's a ... rock
Russian disinformation.

We've got clear photographs of pyramids, and a face with a Pharaoh's headdress, vehicle tracks, and pieces of machinery. Not to mention reports form Contactees who were taken to underground cities on Mars.

By comparison a stone doorway is pretty mundane.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

More like a 1 in crack in a rock

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneWolfMT

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

With Mars being one third the size of the earth a 6 foot human would only grow to 2 foot tall on Mars ,just like fish humans grow to their environment

That would be based on gravity...

No that would be based on BS

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I don't know what that means?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

A door a porch and what is interesting is that it seems to have had the climbing natural rock cleared at the base for access by foot as well. That's a few billion to one chance, of all those occurring in the same place in the right proportions but then the universe is big.But what are the odds of the rover spotting such a thing on its journey.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Spacespider
Here's a more enhanced version, gigapan
Look at the top left centre.

Go fullscreen and use mouse scroll to zoom in

www.gigapan.com...

public toilet.

cool pic.

Using this it's pretty obvious it isn't a door.

Close up, anyone want to photoshop in a Jawa?

Thats ben kenobis other house.

public toilet entrance.

cool pic.

The real important question here is , is it a gender neutral one?

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

A door a porch and what is interesting is that it seems to have had the climbing natural rock cleared at the base for access by foot as well. That's a few billion to one chance, of all those occurring in the same place in the right proportions but then the universe is big.But what are the odds of the rover spotting such a thing on its journey.

The perfectly flat wall is intriguing.

If we want to speculate, it's possible that it was once a tunnel but it got/caved in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join