It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Situation report UAF 1st Vinnitsa Rifle Battalion near Liman

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
For those who are unaware

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

So you 'believe' that the UAF even has a rifle battalion?

Let me think for a sec. Uhhh ... I worked for the US Army for more than 40 years (you?). In all that time, I have never heard of a military which didn't incorporate the most basic/fundamental formation ever conceived.

Are you expecting us to believe that the UAF is an unconventional military in that regard?

So many 'tools' in these threads. Hard to pick which one to use.

I'm saying the Ukrainian Air Force has no rifle battalions.

Possibly because of a lack of jet packs.

Oh ... you're quibbling ... now I get it.

Rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably is what I was doing, the Ukrainian Air Force has no rifle battalions.

Possibly a few base security teams though, they di have a base in Liman with fighter planes that have been shooting down russian fighters and bombers, but no rifle batallian.

The first 1/3 (approx) of today's Speak The Truth episode discusses what's actually been happening near Liman for the past week or so, along with a few other topics you've posted on recently.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: Grimpachi

It explains why some units are just Cannon fodder for the US/NATO.
They are being used.

Did you just make that up yourself again?

Neither the U.S. or NATO are fighting in Ukraine, and you have zero examples of modern western troops being used as 'cannon fodder'.

NATO was designed as a defense cooperative against globally significant threats.

I think they'll get by without you white knighting for them on Internet forums.

russia does though, and many of perfect examples are currently retreating under fire all the way past the russian border NE and E of Kharkiv.

Cool. That means we can stop sending my money to them then, right? No need for 30 billion if they're just fighting scrubs.

NATO is not fighting in Ukraine as russian propagandists have repeatedly and falsely claimed.

Has russia surrendered and removed all of it's forces from Ukraine yet?

Has russia paid to rebuild Ukraine yet?

Then we're still just getting started.

We're still just getting started?

By we, you mean NATO and western allies.

LOL

Unless there's some other clowns sending money and equipment, it's NATO and allies.

I mean most of the planet.

So, that includes NATO.

Right?

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The main guy doing the most talking seems quite drunk to me.
Many of them do.
I find this to be real myself.
These guys are stressed out, I’d be drunk too.
All the sky screaming about air force doesn’t have rifle squads or whatever. Please stop! Just stop.
Both sides are using cannon fodder.
My close friend is out Scalloping right now and they have a Russian on the boat.
My buddy sad he’s been with them for awhile now and does not find him to be a BS artist at all and he’s had lots to say about the Russian invasion.
He claims Putin sent in troops with little training and even filed the ranks by emptying prisons then gave them the oldest lousiest equipment Russia had. Old tanks, personnel carriers etc etc etc.
He told my buddy the 40 mile convoy to Kyiv was a rouse to get Ukraine to waste their best resources on cannon fodder.
Don’t think both sides are or were doing that? ok…whatever.
I’ve seen a ton of pics of blown up old junk tanks and other junk transports etc.

On another note these u-tube vids being put out in vast numbers using gaming tech to show Ukraine beating up the Russians is a joke.
The west made this mess back in 2013-14 and the put in-place BS Ukraine government has been attacking areas of Southeast Ukraine filled with Russian speaking people for at least 8 years.

All we are fed by MSM is pure lies!!!!
The military industrial complex of the west is once again making big dollars and that’s what it’s all about.

Russia, Russia, Russia…..Russia bad, Orange man bad.

The sky screaming far left makes me sick!

a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So you 'believe' that the UAF even has a rifle battalion?

Let me think for a sec. Uhhh ... I worked for the US Army for more than 40 years (you?). In all that time, I have never heard of a military which didn't incorporate the most basic/fundamental formation ever conceived.

Are you expecting us to believe that the UAF is an unconventional military in that regard?

So many 'tools' in these threads. Hard to pick which one to use.

I'm saying the Ukrainian Air Force has no rifle battalions.

Possibly because of a lack of jet packs.

Oh ... you're quibbling ... now I get it.

I had a got a good laugh about the UAF having rifle battalions, but yes, I was mostly just fooling around and poking a little fun at OP's easy target.

The video is likely also complete BS since it doesn't match with a whole lot of other reports from the Liman area, though I'm not even gonna watch it to find out.

The Liman area reality is also discussed in this one a bit:

As well as just about every day on ISW.

Well armed and trained Ukrainians have defeated a whole lot of russian units there over the past month, many of which were so badly shot up they had to return to russia for new troops and equipment.

russia is certainly attacking that area heavily every day though, in fact a couple days ago russia dropped a vacuum bomb on russian forces, leading the Ukrainian commander to post a thank you note on the russian commander's personal page in russia.

That letter is discussed in this one:

edit on 10-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What is surprising is that the propaganda in videos like this is so easy to deflate. No one with serious military experience would expect an air force to have infantry units.

Not that such is impossible, but that would not be a good use of air force personnel.

It reminds me of internet hoaxes that include obvious "tells" indicating they are not serious.

Cheers

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Its only propaganda when it doesn't agree with your side or narrative right?

Just like how the Ukrainian side is always accusing others of "Russian disinformation" its a bit ironic to see U2 supposedly allegedly coming to Ukraine and doing a photo op video.

The same U2
U2's Bono sings with Syrian refugee kids in Turkish refugee camp

I wonder why U2? is this because his buddies with elitists?

edit on 10-5-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
What is surprising is that the propaganda in videos like this is so easy to deflate. No one with serious military experience would expect an air force to have infantry units.

Not that such is impossible, but that would not be a good use of air force personnel.

It reminds me of internet hoaxes that include obvious "tells" indicating they are not serious.

Cheers

Jet Packs dude, Ukrainian Jet Packs.

Haven't you ever seen the Jetson's?

edit on 10-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Its only propaganda when it doesn't agree with your side or narrative right?

Just like how the Ukrainian side is always accusing others of "Russian disinformation" its a bit ironic to see U2 supposedly allegedly coming to Ukraine and doing a photo op video.

The same U2
U2's Bono sings with Syrian refugee kids in Turkish refugee camp

I wonder why U2? is this because his buddies with elitists?

No.

It's propaganda when it's fake or exaggerated to absurd levels.

By any side.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Propaganda (or not) is not interesting when basic information is factually wrong.

No idea about entertainers. I've disregarded all of them for many years.

Cheers

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Sorry, but Ukraine wasn't losing troops near that convoy, russia was.

A LOT of them.

Ukraine's only problem with the convoy was when they ran out of their first 300 Javelins, the russian forces there weren't posing any threat to Ukrainian forces along the convoy, there weren't even many Ukrainian troops along the convoy, just small ambush teams that rarely took any losses.

It was russians who were 'cannon fodder' there, and the entire convoy had to eventually retreat under fire all the way back to belarus when Ukraine received thousands of new Javelins, again with very few Ukrainian losses.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think you need to re-read what I wrote.
Really!!!
Where did I say Ukraine was losing troops? I said the big convoy was a ruse by Russia to make Ukraine waste the best resources early in the game on a bunch of canon fodder. Those words came straight from the mouth of a Russian fisherman that are very good friend of mine knows well and works with.
I said both sides were or still are using Cannon Fodder.

I will not be drawn into one of your never ending debates.
Reading comprehension is a thing! Try it….

a reply to: PatriotGames4u

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
I think you need to re-read what I wrote.
Really!!!
Where did I say Ukraine was losing troops? I said the big convoy was a ruse by Russia to make Ukraine waste the best resources early in the game on a bunch of canon fodder. Those words came straight from the mouth of a Russian fisherman that are very good friend of mine knows well and works with.
I said both sides were or still are using Cannon Fodder.

I will not be drawn into one of your never ending debates.
Reading comprehension is a thing! Try it….

How were 'the best Ukrainian' forces 'cannon fodder' there, when none of those forces were there?

The convoy was trying to resupply the many russian units getting destroyed as they tried to take kiev and had been stopped by Ukrainian forces near Hostemel and Bucha.

The convoy never reached the Kiev attackers, and the Kiev attackers were almost completely wiped out by Ukrainian forces before what was left retreated under fire all the way back to belarus, right behind that convoy.

There weren't any significant Ukrainian units along that convoy route, only small ambush teams who ran out of Javelins after a couple days, and rarely took any losses.

Now if you wanna talk about Marioupol, there was certainly 'cannon fodder' on both sides there.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Like I said, reading comprehension is a thing!

I have a good friend or I should say he used to be a good friend.
He was really good at acting stupid, like he didn’t get what I or others were saying.
He loved playing that game, drawing people into pointless arguments. It was soooo boring and idiotic!

You’d like him.

Adios, bye now…….bu bi

PS, your name Brian by any chance?

Cheers………LOL

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 02:42 AM
link   

He was really good at acting stupid, like he didn’t get what I or others were saying.
He loved playing that game, drawing people into pointless arguments. It was soooo boring and idiotic!

You’d like him.

Adios, bye now…….bu bi

Cheers………LOL

I did no such thing, I directly refuted your bizarre and factually incorrect claims about Ukrainian cannon fodder along that convoy.

Because it's factually incorrect.

(Not even close to reality)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You’d like him.

Adios, bye now…….bu bi

Cheers………LOL

I did no such thing, I directly refuted your bizarre and factually incorrect claims about Ukrainian cannon fodder along that convoy.

Not even close to reality?

What about this? You just said it in this thread.

there was certainly 'cannon fodder' on both sides there.

You have admitted both sides have cannon fodder. You weren't in the convoy and your Telegram/YouTube videos are no more verified than any of the hundreds of others.

You know nothing with any more certainty than anybody else here and you aren't the arbiter of truth.

You've had a bunch of this specious nonsense removed and it takes an amazing lack of self-awareness to continue making the accusations.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Zelenskyy doesn't care about these men out in the Donbass area, he only cares that he is protected and his capital buildings are protected and that he can stay in power. This isn't the first Ukrainian battalion that said similar things and we have heard the same from the mercs from different countries as well.

Zelenskyy doesn't care about these men here, he only cares and "winning" & staying in power now, the US/Canada AND UK media have turned Zelenskyy into a huge egomaniac and he doesn't want to ruin his reputation as a "hero" by surrendering, fleeing or giving up power, even when it's the actual best thing for the Ukrainian people and the country

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
The USA and NATO aren’t even trying to conceal the fact that they are currently fighting with Russia in Ukraine.

This never even was a war by proxy between them.

The US and NATO have had boots on the ground before the invasion ever happened.
They never left, they are fighting and quite often being killed or captured.

Have even a single shred of evidence for this absurd claim?

Is this about the 3 stat general that russia lied about capturing in Marioupol again?

Or are you just brainwashed by absurd russian propaganda lies?

Are you STILL going on about this 3 star General??!?!

Russia never claimed to capture anyone like that. I have never seen anything that Russia came out and said they captured this person. This is just you making up stuff again from some internet rumor that some website made up to get hits on their site and YOU know this already because you even said it started on that website

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

russian state owned media pushed the fake story for a day, when they KNEW it was fake, and nobody knows if russia posted the original fake story on veterans today.

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You’d like him.

Adios, bye now…….bu bi

Cheers………LOL

Not even close to reality?

What about this? You just said it in this thread.

there was certainly 'cannon fodder' on both sides there.

You have admitted both sides have cannon fodder. You weren't in the convoy and your Telegram/YouTube videos are no more verified than any of the hundreds of others.

You know nothing with any more certainty than anybody else here and you aren't the arbiter of truth.

You've had a bunch of this specious nonsense removed and it takes an amazing lack of self-awareness to continue making the accusations.

Have you tried reading the detailed ISW daily reports from that period yet?

Or tried reading the Update thread from the same period?

What you repeatedly claim, did. not. happen.

What you claim isn't even in the same solar system as reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join