It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keir Starmer will offer his resignation if he gets penalty notice for breaking COVID rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
After months of banging on about Boris Johnson's parties and calling for him to resign it turned out Sir Keir also had a beer and curry meetup with some constituency workers up North in Durham and the Old Bill (police) are looking into it .... how embarrassing.

Having no choice but to see the obvious "do what I say not as I do" in relation to what he's said over the last few months Starmer has today said that if he's handed a penalty he will resign .... and as a special bonus Labour's deputy leader Angela Rayner , who was also there , will do the same.

Sir Keir, who has been a fierce critics of Boris Johnson's rule breaking in Downing Street, said he was "absolutely clear that no laws were broken" in his case.

But he added: "If police decide to issue me with a fixed penalty notice, I would of course do the right thing and step down."

Labour's deputy leader Angela Rayner, who was at the event too, also said no rules were broken and made a similar pledge that she would quit if fined.
news.sky.com...

In the unlikely event Sir Keir Starmer gets a penalty notice I will salute his honorable gesture and wave him a cheery ... So long sucker !!!

edit on 9-5-2022 by gortex because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He may be a Blairite but he is already showing more integrity than the leader of the conservatives for even saying he will resign.

And I do not warm to Starmer though neither do I completely dislike him as he is miles more humane than the Tory's will ever be.

And as for BEERGATE there is no evidence of any wrong doing though due to public pressure the police are now investigating despite initially not doing so, certainly even if they did break the lockdown rules and there is no proof at all that they did it was no where near as bad as what that Bullingdon club moron in 10 downing street did.

edit on 9-5-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: gortex

He may be a Blairite but he is already showing more integrity than the leader of the conservatives for even saying he will resign.

And I do not warm to Starmer though neither do I completely dislike him as he is miles more humane than the Tory's will ever be.

And as for BEERGATE there is no evidence of any wrong doing though due to public pressure the police are now investigating despite initially not doing so, certainly even if they did break the lockdown rules and there is no proof at all that they did it was no where near as bad as what that Bullingdon club moron in 10 downing street did.

Kind of missing the point, he's guilty and instead of just saying he'll resign, the red Tory SHOULD just resign, bad enough having a fascist funding pig like Johnson in charge, they're all liars and even when found out about it, they still try and deny it

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Well he has no personality, is seen by many true labour members to be a Tory Lite or as you call him a Red Tory but he is still better than that other party in my opinion but not by much as far as I am concerned they are all painted with the same brush the lot of them and there is not hardly a decent person in the house on either side.

You know though even though I disagree with the SNP they really do hit the nail on the head, shame they are so set on there own party as if they were in the Labour party they would likely have ousted the Tory's, shame as they are only set on there englishophobic scots nationalism which is bonkers given we are such a small island.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
get rid of both of them, if one is guilty so is the other

Eff Boris and Kier, pair of rich idiots

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If Starmer hadn't been such a self-righteous, holier than thou prick over Boris's transgressions I really wouldn't give a toss about this.

Don't get me wrong, I think Boris should have been made to resign; they were his laws that he repeatedly broke and he lied to Parliament and more importantly the country.
He was the Prime Minister whose administration drafted the legislation and his blatant disregard and contempt for it and the British people is unforgiveable.

Starmer quite rightly criticised Johnson and demanded his resignation.
Starmer wasn't responsible for introducing the laws it seems both have broken, Johnson was.
But Starmer came across to me as a smarmy, smug opportunist career politician who was more interested in making political gain out of the situation than anything else - pretty much like all politicians.

Boris's role in all this has just served as further evidence that he is a bungling, elitist oaf who believes he is somehow above the laws and rules that govern the rest of us.
Starmer has proven himself to be just another careerist politician who will exploit any given situation for his own self-aggrandisement rather than the politician of conviction this country so desperately needs.

As for Angela Rayner/
Any regard I had for her and her ginger growler has well and truly disappeared.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Won’t be long before a picture off Boris and Keir
Partying together while the lock down was happening turns up.🥳

edit on 9-5-2022 by Scotchjimmy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't let this fool walk my dog round the block.

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

He's a barrister so neither would I.

new topics

top topics

join