It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothers Day Protest/Riots

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Mantiss2021

No towel needed, im married.

But not very well read.

"Wives" are women too. And all women are "sisters" in some respect.

Assuming t u at being married would grant you some sort of "special privilege" is both short-sighted and extremely disrespectful to your spouse's autonomy.

Which kind of goes to the heart of the "choice" issue.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

So they want to protest on Mother's Day because they can't kill their unborn children.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: theatreboy
Bit ironic don't ya think?

dammit, now I have that song in my head.

Your Welcome.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We will have to wait and see the results of KFC's promo looks like if you preorder before the protest you are good but the sales at the store on Mothers Day might hurt them this year:

finance.yahoo.com...

Nothing says "Happy Mother's Day" like a fried chicken bouquet ... right?

The new offering is a DIY fried chicken floral arrangement that's meant to accompany a KFC sides lovers meal. Customers who pre-order a sides lovers meal online or on the KFC mobile app between May 1 and May 3 will receive a promo code to redeem a free "buckquet" kit from Proflowers.

The kit includes 12 roses, a glass vase, a KFC vase applique, eight skewers (for the chicken) and a card, although the fried chicken must be purchased separately as it is not included in the kit, the company noted.

A regular bouquet of flowers is a good gift for mom, but a sides lovers meal and a 'Kentucky Fried Buckquet' is a finger lickin' good way to take Mother's Day from a 10 to an 11," Nick Chavez, KFC U.S. CMO said in a press release.

"With three sides, four buttery biscuits and the unforgettable – truly – fried chicken and flower table decoration, everybody is sure to get something they like to eat, and mom is sure to smile," the executive continued.

KFC says it sells nearly 400,000 buckets of fried chicken each Mother's Day, making it "one of the best sales days of the year" for the fast food giant. Mother's Day is also KFC's biggest day for online ordering and delivery.

YUM, the parent company of KFC, is set to report quarterly earnings next week.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Have we reached peak absurdity?

I don’t think so.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Looks like George Takei is upset and he is gonna take to the streets watchout!!

www.newsweek.com...

"These motherf*****s really did it. First, they came for Black voters, then they targeted LGBTQ+ families. Now, women of America, they've overruling Roe v.Wade," actor and LGBTQ+ activist George Takei wrote in a tweet. "We have to unite and strike back. Take to the streets. Overwhelm them at the ballot box. They have gone too damn far."

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I asked her.

She said pound sand.

/shrug

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My wife and I will be celebrating her very first Mother’s Day. We will celebrate life and love, the exact opposite of what these people plan to do on Mother’s Day.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Looks like "Ruth sent us" is going to take it even further and disrupt church services as well:

catholicvote.org...

A radical abortion group calling itself “Ruth Sent Us” announced this week that it is mobilizing activists to enter Catholic churches during Mass this coming Sunday in response to reports that the Supreme Court is set to overturn Roe vs. Wade.

“Whether you’re a ‘Catholic for Choice’, ex-Catholic, of other or no faith, recognize that six extremist Catholics set out to overturn Roe,” the group stated on Twitter. “Stand at or in a local Catholic Church Sun May 8.”

Ruth Sent Us included a video with the post, which showed activists dressed in Handmaid’s Tale costumes in a sacred building, disrupting worshippers with shouts of “Abortion on demand and without apology!”

A Ruth Sent Us TikTok account uploaded a video of activists marching toward the doors of a Catholic Church. “Sometime a*****es need a beating,” the post stated.

Ruth Sent Us tweeted out another video of protesters interrupting Mass in another sacred building. The activists marched in and stood between the holy altar and the parishioners. “For 2,000 years the Catholic Church has been an institution for the enslavement of women,” shouted one.

“This is what Mother’s Day should look like,” tweeted Ruth Sent Us. “Catholic and Evangelical Churches nationwide.”

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Ironic isn't it?

Men are so good at everything they can even be women. And women can no longer say men can't get pregnant, because evidently now they can.

***DISCLAIMER: I'm not a biologist.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Is it just me or are Republicans not happy they got what they wanted. The got RvW overturned.

Guess they might be a little frightened by the can of worms they just opened. LOL!

Democrats in many States stand to gain more than (R)s. Think about it and some states are already preparing new laws to make big money for some NGOs all at Taxpayer expense 💎

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh another wedge issue being exploited, who would have thought? All lives matter until you don't get your way. Noted. Gotta love the ignorance of the masses. All I am seeing and hearing is more entitled idiots being led like lemmings. At least lemmings serve some purpose.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No towel needed, im married.

If those who are for abortion on such a large scale are going to fight by not engaging in the practice that leads to pregnancy, im cool with it.

Indeed. They might even learn the real way that it's their body; their choice.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Oh another wedge issue being exploited, who would have thought? All lives matter until you don't get your way. Noted. Gotta love the ignorance of the masses. All I am seeing and hearing is more entitled idiots being led like lemmings. At least lemmings serve some purpose.

All lives matter until you lose the legal authority to decide if that life you carry actually is a life or not for matters of your personal convenience.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Power of the pu....rse.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Far be it for me to step out here, but you know, when you consider all the evil in society - the hate, the anger, the death, the destruction, etc. - that's coming from unfettered sex. You have to stop and think that maybe, just maybe all those different religions that had various morality taboos centered around sex and controlling it might have been onto something.

Has society really gotten better since we decided those were old news and passe?
edit on 5-5-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I said this in another thread but since I'm not a woman nor a biologist, I'm not sure it's correct. . . . .

If there was only some way science could come up with a way for women not to get pregnant. . . . .

Maybe by not doing the act or coming up with contraceptives that would not allow pregnancy.

Until then, we must content ourselves with the fact that women all over the world will spontaneously get pregnant, not be able to vote or own property and live in seclusion with minorities and everyone who is LBGQ.

On the plus side; sandwiches.

*fist bump* to all the bro's.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If men had the power to turn off the fertilizer.

I wonder the long term implications.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

If men had the power to turn off the fertilizer.

I wonder the long term implications.

Soy latte's.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

It's moments like these that make me feel all the more blessed to have a politically conservative mother and a very politically conservative wife. My family's Mother's Day will be 100%, undeniably, undoubtedly, unimpacted by this protesting tomfoolery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join