It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronna McDaniel / Republicans support restrictions on abortion, 71% of Americans agree!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Title was shortened to fit

For the record Waterglass supports the decision for women to have an abortion based on current law.

I wrote this thread to possibly ferret out as to just what the hell is going here in the USA today, especially the ongoing bash against women. That is a natural born women as the Democrats seem to be pushing for Transgender women yet train over the others who were and are our mothers, wives and girlfriends.

This is what I have found so far.

This country is supposed to have separation of Church and State. That being said the "State" can modify said laws over time. Consider me somewhat "horrified" that this is even being discussed by the SCOTUS and that the leak was intentional. I also for the record have a huge distrust of religious zealots and have worked with many over time and found that they themselves way over the top corrupt. Now of course that doesn’t apply to all but just enough to have me form an opinion over time.

I am also quite surprised that the Republican Party is now championing the “religious” crusade whereas many Democrats whom in my eyes are destroying the USA are Catholic. This includes Nancy Pelosi, President Joe Biden, Governor of California, Gavin Newsom and Dr. Anthony Fauci.

So let’s peel the Republican onion. The current National Chair is:

Ronna McDaniel

That tweet sort of caught my eye so where did the 71% come from?

Marist Poll: 71% of Americans Support Legal Restrictions on Abortion

So the Knights of Columbus asked for a Marist Poll. I often wonder about polls. I remember Mitt Romney was ahead in all polls back in 2016. Then we have 2020.

At this point it appears that both sides "manufacture" numbers along with whomever is pulling their strings. I also came across Shadow gate I, the documentary by Millie Weaver. I believe that its factual beyond anything else we get from our news media. It may also explain the 71%.

Check out this explosive full-length documentary report about the Shadow Government fighting for total control of America

Look at that article again about the Marist Poll. It mentions taxpayer funded abortions. Recall that Trump didn't want to pay for transgender reassignment surgery as they were simply joining to get a freebee? So, its all about the money?

edit on 5-5-2022 by Waterglass because: layout

edit on 5-5-2022 by Waterglass because: layout

edit on 5-5-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

It's a decision that should have been left to the State's legislatures in the first place.

I personally don't care about abortion.
But I do care about State's rights and the ability of the people to have their elected representatives pass laws they approve of.

I can understand both sides of the argument. Babies in the womb are still babies and should not be arbitrarily killed as a method of birth control because some woman let a loser cum in her.

On the other hand, it's mostly leftists that have abortions, so more abortions means less leftists. That's something I can get behind.

As far as it being 50 yr old legal precedent getting overturned, Dred Scott was 50 yr old legal precedent at one point too...

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You really think it's only leftists who have abortions? Over 60% of all women support abortion with higher numbers for specific reasons such as rape and medical health of the mother.

Many vocal pro life political men have paid for abortions for girlfriends and mistresses a quick search shows. You think they were all liberal women they were having sex with?

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I said mostly.

Reading is fundamental.
edit on 5-5-2022 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Could you provide some links to support that? It may be more evenly divided than you believe. There are conservative people out there who suddenly have different opinions when it happens to them or when it's their daughter that got pregnant at Bible camp or right before they go off to college etc. and they don't want the other parent, church, friends to know. I've definitely heard stories and know of examples of classmates in my Catholic high school days.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Just look up some statistics. It's pretty easy to do. Majority of abortions occur in liberal cities located in liberal states. DC, New York, New Jersey top the list.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Actual stats on those who had them as opposed to support the right to is not as easy to find. This is an older one, but it falls pretty much as you'd expect. Blue states have higher percentage of Dems who had it done within the state. Surprisingly it's the same for red states, the number of Republicans getting them within the state is higher than or equal to Dems.

It's not as cut and dried as you would like to believe.

Link

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Many vocal pro life political men have paid for abortions

Then they were liars, weren't they?

Do you really believe anything a politician is saying when their lips are moving?

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It's not rocket science here. Statistics show the top abortion states are liberal states, top abortion cities are liberal cities. Most people that live in those locations are liberals. Therefore most people getting abortions are liberals. Nobody is saying Conservatives don't get abortions. I'm sure they do.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Well based on population sure. It's really a woman issue of all parties. And likely a closer number between both parties if you have All women supporting 70% for any access, 80% and 90% percent for rape and health of the mother, who support these rights as is reported.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The polling on this is all over the place because how you ask the question is super critical.

Most Americans don't support overturning Roe v Wade. But a significant number of people also think overturning Roe v Wade will make abortion illegal across the entire country, which is wrong. So polls on that are useless unless the pollster first explains exactly what overturning Roe v Wade would do.

If you just ask straight up do you support abortion, that's too simplistic. There are people who support abortion under any circumstances. There are people who support it with some restrictions. There are people who oppose it with some exceptions. And there are people who oppose it under any circumstances.

Of course both sides are only citing polls that line up with their view. But you can see who is being more honest by who is citing simplistic polls like the two I outlined above and who cites more comprehensive polls that really go down in the weeds.

The best poll to me is how Americans vote if/when this ruling becomes final.

If they head to the ballot box in droves this fall to vote in pro-choice candidates, that'll tell you how high support for abortion really is, because before this came down, all signs were that the Democrats were gonna get creamed in the midterms.

If such a wave doesn't materialize, it means either support for abortion was overstated or that the issue just isn't that important to most people and other issues took precedent when it came time to vote.
edit on 5 5 22 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Rape and incest are less than 1% of total reasons for abortion.

The vast majority of abortions are elective or economic. Sorry, not good enough for murder.

It's not your body when the DNA is totally separate.

Don't like it? Don't be promiscuous.

Same goes for the men.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That's your belief, fine. Don't get one. I never did. Doesn't mean I don't believe other women have the right to choose.
edit on 5-5-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

They shouldn't.

Women's choices like men's come in when they decide to have sex.

It's not like we all don't know what happens when you have unprotected sex.

Birth control and contraceptives are ubiquitous and cheap.

Life is not.

Those statistics I cited aren't my opinion, they are fact. I recommend looking them up yourself if my word is no good.
edit on 5 5 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: projectvxn

That's your belief, fine. Don't get one. I never did. Doesn't mean I don't believe other women have the right to choose.

If you really want to piss them off,We would not be in this situation if EVE didnt bite the apple.

ANyway personal responsibility should come into play. A majority of abortions are due to poor choices. people who have sex unprotected,or not using BC should have to accept they are at fault and they should have to pay for that mistake,so they never repeat it again. It is how humans learn.

Tired of giving people my tax money to spend on exspensive abortions for their ir responsible behavior when low cost/no cost options exist.

Here is a great idea. All children born have their tubes tied until they are 21 years old,then the government calls them in,and they get it undone for free and given a certificate they can now have kids at a graduation to adulthood party.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Here is a great idea. All children born have their tubes tied until they are 21 years old,then the government calls them in,and they get it undone for free and given a certificate they can now have kids at a graduation to adulthood party.

That might work if our society was producing people who are grown up by 21. Unfortunately a lot of our young people retain a child-like worldview well past that age.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What governor said its ok to kill a human baby after he or she is born?

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
"It's my body" Although, it's really someone elses. Abortion is an abomination, probably why the two words sounds so alike.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I hate to tell you, much more of your tax money will be given to families or children in need, or foster care systems when a woman’s right to choose is taken away or severely limited.

I agree about prevention. All males should have a vasectomy at 12 and only reverse it when they are prepared to have a child and can financially afford it.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Disgusting commentary in here. Yeah, let's just force everyone to get their tubes tied up.

That will go so well

How about take some accountability over one's own actions. Stop being trash, and attempting to force your will on other people.

And if a woman does feel the need to have an abortion what is it to anyone else but her?

If the dude who got her pregnant is upset about it then it's all on him. He should have had a discussion with the woman beforehand and if he had such an issue with abortion he would have left the relationship if he were an intelligent man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join