It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Draft Decision Would Strike Down Roe v. Wade

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: strongfp

If you can convince me that the unborn individual is not a living human then I'd be willing to entertain debate.

That's impossible without ascertaining when the human spirit is implanted in the little person. Before that, they're no more than a basic form of life.

You, me, anyone reading this are no more than clumps of cells.

But we all have the human spirit/soul inhabiting and controlling our bodies.

What nobody knows is when that human spirit arrives in the unborn life-form, making him/her a human.

Ummm...soooooo...wouldn't prudence dictate that we...ere on the side of caution...?

YouSir

Definitely! But look at how angry MSNBC is tonight, because it might soon be illegal to kill unborn human babies.
Unbelievable, isn't it?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Guess us females better start practicing, "Under his eye" and "May the Lord open". All fun and games until they ban reading for us too.

Am I missing a law that's in place regarding a man's reproductive system and what he can do with it?

You're missing the target. It's the baby that would become a child playing in the park one day, if allowed to live, that the abortion argument is about.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

All fun and games until they ban reading for us too.

Book burnings are scheduled for Friday.

a reply to: loam

Whether you're celebrating or mourning this draft decision, I feel the leak is the real historical event.

Meh. Kavanaugh probable just hit "Reply All" by mistake.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: marg6043
Well I am pro abortion thankfully it was available when in case I was in need of it and I am glad my daughter have that right also.

Now women will have to go to blue states if they need them.

This not about killing fetuses, is about the women rights to their own bodies. But hey call it whatever you want.

Well I am pro abortion thankfully it was available when in case I was in need of it and I am glad my daughter have that right also.

Pretty cavalier of you. You make the availability of abortion sound like its an extra flashlight in your glove box.

Hey... different states have different laws concerning guns, why should this be any different?
Killing is killing, no?

This not about killing fetuses, is about the women rights to their own bodies. But hey call it whatever you want.

You're right. It's about women's right to kill their own fetuses. But hey call it whatever you want.

Why can't this be discussed without attacks on someone because she's pro choice?

Pro choice doesn't necessarily mean abortion on demand at any time and in most supporters minds means removing the embryo while it is a clump of cells. Late abortion is only for terminating pregnancies that would result in harm to the mother or an unviable child and shouldn't be abused but also shouldn't be shut down, for compassion reasons.

There needs to be more compassion/love in the world for those whose shoes we can never walk in because this aggressive attitude tends to not take individual circumstances into consideration.

So far this thread is like everyone yelling "I don't support pro choice so therefor you can't either" and all getting lined up ready to throw insults and glee at the thought of "heads exploding". It's not a very mature approach. What about live and let live? We are never free if we judge others.

edit on 2-5-2022 by igloo because: spelling

edit on 2-5-2022 by igloo because: bad editing

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Didn’t take long for the party to start. I wonder how long before emergency powers are enacted and all that other nifty 💩 to take effect

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's good to see you had the wisdom and initiative to adjust and expand your thread title as the thread quickly grew.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As a side note, guess all those who supported vaccine mandates missed how that undercut the 'my body, my choice' argument.

You reap what you sow.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wasnt me Mom. It was other Mom DToM.

Say no to hall monitors!

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Didn’t take long for the party to start. I wonder how long before emergency powers are enacted and all that other nifty 💩 to take effect

If this is a DRAFT decision, how much of it will change between now and _________, when the decision is set in stone?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Oooo

Can we get the fences back!?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Good question I don’t have a good answer for.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That was the point of the leak.

All of it. In other words, a reversal of the majority.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Oooo

Can we get the fences back!?

Sure: twitter.com...

Next we need a LIVE CAM outside the Supreme Court building.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

+14 more 
posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Whoever leaked this document whether it’s a junior law clerk(most likely) or an actual dissenting justice just did more damage to the trust and integrity of the SCOTUS and the separation of powers then any other event I can think of in the last 220 years.

I can’t stress this enough. An opinion majority draft has NEVER been leaked for political purposes in the history of our nation. If it turns out that a conservative justice switches their vote under political and media and the mobs pressure we will never be able to trust the SCOTUS again to judge cases on their merit and constitutional jurisprudence.

This is the kind of # that makes states secede and am not being hyperbolic. I am dead serious.

I am absolutely terrified of the political fallout.

Their needs to be an IMMEDIATE investigation by the United States Marshall service NOT the corrupted FBI and an IMMEDIATE arrest of this EVIL person who clearly either hates The United States of America and everything we stand for or is a foreign agent who is trying to destroy us from within.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

Pretty cavalier of you. You make the availability of abortion sound like its an extra flashlight in your glove box.

Hey... different states have different laws concerning guns, why should this be any different?
Killing is killing, no?

You're right. It's about women's right to kill their own fetuses. But hey call it whatever you want.

Why can't this be discussed without attacks on someone because she's pro choice?

Not to negate the rest of your response but honestly...is that really the type of person you want to represent, the kind of person who thinks killing your own child is a choice?

ETA: How can you have this position and at the same time have a "live and let live" philosophy?

Does that only apply to those that are already here? No babies, huh?

edit on 5/2/2022 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

Killing is killing, no?

Pro choice doesn't necessarily mean abortion on demand at any time and in most supporters minds means removing the embryo while it is a clump of cells. Late abortion is only for terminating pregnancies that would result in harm to the mother or an unviable child and shouldn't be abused but also shouldn't be shut down, for compassion reasons.

There needs to be more compassion/love in the world for those whose shoes we can never walk in because this aggressive attitude tends to not take individual circumstances into consideration.

So far this thread is like everyone yelling "I don't support pro choice so therefor you can't either" and all getting lined up ready to throw insults and glee at the thought of "heads exploding". It's not a very mature approach. What about live and let live? We are never free if we judge others.

Most women want the right to abortion but are fine with it bein

Ummm...sorry...when you reduce their justifications down to the least common denominator...

the remainder is...convenience...

The not very mature approach...is ending a human life...because it's more convenient to do so...than to be responsible for the fact that a few minutes of feel good...trumped humanitarianism...

We get that most women want the right to abortion...and that's the glaring issue...

This has absolutely...NOTHING...to do with "my body...my choice"...that's merely justification...this has everything to do with a supremely cavalier disdain for the right of those who have no voice...and apparently no protection from being murdered for the sake of...convenience...

YouSir

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
Whoever leaked this document whether it’s a junior law clerk(most likely) or an actual dissenting justice just did more damage to the trust and integrity of the SCOTUS and the separation of powers then any other event I can think of in the last 220 years.

I can’t stress this enough. An opinion majority draft has NEVER been leaked for political purposes in the history of our nation. If it turns out that a conservative justice switches their vote under political and media and the mobs pressure we will never be able to trust the SCOTUS again to judge cases on their merit and constitutional jurisprudence.

This is the kind of # that makes states secede and am not being hyperbolic. I am dead serious.

I am absolutely terrified of the political fallout.

Their needs to be an IMMEDIATE investigation by the United States Marshall service NOT the corrupted FBI and an IMMEDIATE arrest of this EVIL person who clearly either hates The United States of America and everything we stand for or is a foreign agent who is trying to destroy us from within.

This is ALL about energizing the Democrat's base before midterms. Assuming this is even true, the person who did this knew well that he/she needed to fall on a sword to save them.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Further to this point...

Isn't it an interesting coincidence Elon Musk reminded everyone today that there is still no client list from Jeffrey Epstein?

We know what the rumors are about Alito...

Huh.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join