It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Draft Decision Would Strike Down Roe v. Wade

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JinMI

Leak it because the numbers are dismal for Democrats. Look to see this as an attempted wedge issue for the midterms.

I think its safe to say that the 2a ruling may also be leaked as this loses steam?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: strongfp

State government over a woman's body is any different than federal?

Government allowing one human being to arbitrarily decide whether or not another one should be deemed human and worthy of the right to life is a better assessment.

Sounds a lot like slavery to me.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I see that I am going to have to be careful with reading thread titles again. I don't belong in this thread - yet.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A line must be drawn somewhere. Laws exist because we draw a line, otherwise, what is civilization and what is considered choice and freedom of sentient, reality driven beings? Society caters to the contributing civilians, not the "could be".

For the record I am not at all for late stage abortions, or even walk in abortions. I am for counseling, and support and abortion is a last resort. But it's about choice within certain parameters.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

This leak was designed to start a # show.

Buckle up.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

This leak was designed to start a # show.

Buckle up.

I cant see it having any other purpose.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Almost as profound as the Roe v Wade being overturned is the fact the draft decision was leaked.

The utter dysfunction and decay of all three of our branches of government is now complete.

Who would have leaked it?

My gut tells me that it was purposely leaked in order to give the opposition the opportunity to "terrorize" the country in hopes that it will be amended before it's finalized.

That leak needs to be found plugged and those responsible should be fined and jailed.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Likely one of the law clerks....or even more likely someone connected personally to a law clerk.

This is not good and a major blow to SCOTUS.

Like I said buckle up.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This could start the civil war that everyone has been waiting for.
Pick a side.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Roe V Wade being Over Turned in this current Administration ?

I just don't see that happening , that would be a Land Mark failure for the entire Democratic Party .

No way mate no way in hell .

link   

Almost as profound as the Roe v Wade being overturned is the fact the draft decision was leaked.

The utter dysfunction and decay of all three of our branches of government is now complete.

We must consider the goal of the leak. Was it a cabal leak to foment conflict and distract the public eye or was it a white hat leak to test the waters?

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

If you can convince me that the unborn individual is not a living human then I'd be willing to entertain debate.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Calling it now - Biden, Harris, Pelosi, the squad, et al will use this as justification to PACK THE SUPREME COURT.
They'll cry suspicious tears, and shriek about how the words in the court decision are "literally a violent attack against women". This will be yet another astounding feat of mental divergence & cognitive dissonance to make our heads spin (I'm actually old enough to remember waaay back about a month ago, when it was being said that nobody except a biologist is allowed to say what a woman is, or if they even really exist). Hard-line leftists are gonna clutch this and hold on like a drowning man to a life raft. They're desperate for anything that will shift the American people's focus away from the failing economy, the failing sanctions against Russia, the failing foreign policy, failing diplomacy, failing economic policies, skyrocketing prices, collapsing supply chain, food shortages, etc.

Hold on to your butts. Get prepared, and stay safe, friends. I think the rest of 2022 is about to get weird and wild... and not in a good way.
edit on 522022 by M4nWithNoN4me because: sp

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Who would have leaked it?

My gut tells me that it was purposely leaked in order to give the opposition the opportunity to "terrorize" the country in hopes that it will be amended before it's finalized.

That leak needs to be found plugged and those responsible should be fined and jailed.

Where is the "terror" if the states have their own laws/freedoms/restrictions, and the people of the states choose the leaders who implement them?

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Between this and twitter, wokesters on suicide watch.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: DBCowboy

But it's about choice within certain parameters.

It's about choice because there is one.

If there was no choice, men and women would be more responsible.

Here's a perfect analogy as it pertains to returning it to the states:

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As much as I believe in the choice of individual...howany times is ok? I get and oopsi...but 5 of them? Its the same as gov support for deadbeats...you should get 1 mulligan but past that I should be on the hook for your dumbass decisions.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: strongfp

If you can convince me that the unborn individual is not a living human then I'd be willing to entertain debate.

That's impossible without ascertaining when the human spirit is implanted in the little person. Before that, they're no more than a basic form of life.

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Between this and twitter, wokesters on suicide watch.

I forgot about that fringe benefit! Thanks for the reminder.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join