It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow confirms attack on Kyiv during UN chief’s visit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Moscow has confirmed it carried out an airstrike on Kyiv during a visit by the UN secretary general, António Guterres, as Ukraine acknowledged heavy losses from Russia’s attack in the east but said the invader’s casualties were “colossal”.

The defence ministry said in its daily briefing in Moscow on Friday that two “high-precision, long-range air-based weapons” had destroyed the production buildings of the Artyom missile and space enterprise in the Ukrainian capital on Thursday night.

The mayor of Kyiv, Vitali Klitschko, however, said a 25-storey residential building in the capital’s Shevchenkivskyi district was hit in the strike, which Guterres’s spokesperson described as “shocking”. Klitschko said one body had been recovered.

Source

Between the constant threats of using nukes to now launching missiles at Kyiv while the UN Secretary General is present, I feel like what Putin wants is WWIII.

Considering Russia had refrained from attacking Kyiv since withdrawing their troops a few weeks ago, it certainly seems intentional that Russia would attack while Guterres was in the city.

So what happens to Russia now? They've clearly shown they have no respect for the UN. So does the UN now vote to remove Russia's permanent place on the Security Council? Do they vote to remove Russia from the UN completely?

If Russia does lose its veto, would there be enough votes in support if Ukraine requested a UN peacekeeping force be dispatched? If that happens, it seems like only a matter of time before NATO would be drawn in.

So, is Putin so far gone that he didn't consider the possible ramifications of his middle finger to the UN or does he just not care about the ramifications and wants to watch the world burn?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So does the UN now vote to remove Russia's permanent place on the Security Council? Do they vote to remove Russia from the UN completely?

China would veto proving the UN to be as useless and powerless as always.

The UN is typically a mockery, with Russia leading security at times and Saudi Arabia leading human rights.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
At the same time, the Ukraine is a war zone and Russia is not on good terms with the UN right now. So, wading into a war zone like some untouchable force is a terrible idea to begin with.

The UN is a complete joke, all these international 'bodies' are, they're just a tool that's trotted out when the western powers want to justify their actions and make themselves untouchable and immune to backlash.

The Ukraine should be investigated, not Russia. When ALL the world powers agree that someone is bad (Russia) then you can garantee something is afoot. Couple that with everything else we're seeing and it's borderline Biblical.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don’t think Putin cares about the UN anymore.

I’ve always considered the UN a corrupt organization, it should be called the Useless Nations.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The UN? Are they still around? Worthless organization.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

UN is worthless but the idea Russia is the hero here is laughable, I hope you are getting paid for that post, if not I might cry.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So does the UN now vote to remove Russia's permanent place on the Security Council? Do they vote to remove Russia from the UN completely?

The UN is typically a mockery, with Russia leading security at times and Saudi Arabia leading human rights.

Its called ignoring their vote. We need a new UN,minus China,and russia. WHy? because they are not united with everyone else.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Its called ignoring their vote. We need a new UN,minus China,and russia. WHy? because they are not united with everyone else.

Neither are we. There are other countries besides China and Russia that aren't fans of the U.S. or the West in general. There's no way to make a new body to replace the UN and just exclude China and Russia.

We might as well just cut to the chase and disband the UN. It is useless. We don't need another useless organization to replace it. Smaller alliances are good enough.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: yuppa

Neither are we. There are other countries besides China and Russia that aren't fans of the U.S. or the West in general. There's no way to make a new body to replace the UN and just exclude China and Russia.

We might as well just cut to the chase and disband the UN. It is useless. We don't need another useless organization to replace it. Smaller alliances are good enough.

True. I prefeer a western alliance getting rid of non western leaning countries.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So, is Putin so far gone that he didn't consider the possible ramifications of his middle finger to the UN or does he just not care about the ramifications and wants to watch the world burn?

I'd say our weak response so far has emboldened him further. He doesn't believe we'll do anything besides half-assed sanctions and throwing money/equipment Ukraine's way.

One way to make him think we're serious would be to go all in on sanctions.

Right now I don't think he takes the West seriously.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

So the world is supposed to believe that Russian intel is so bad they couldn't put a bomb/shell/ missile/ drone/ on the actual location the UN personnel were in?

Come on, Man. They knew and they avoided it.

Mass amounts of weapons are being delivered - yet nobody knows where and how???
Ukraine military would have leaks galore passing the intel on.
But the delivery places aren't being hit because they want the conflict to last.
The second a shipment of weapons crosses the border into Ukraine it becomes a legitimate target.
Yet it is allowed to be sent to the front lines and used against Russian troops.
Something makes no logical sense if this is a straight forward conflict for a land grab.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

i really feel like Russia is really trying to spark a reaction from NATO

Russia, to me, has officially gone off the rails and I'm just waiting for the report of a nuke going off somewhere.

I think everyone is forgetting about the ship Ukraine sunk had nuclear weapons on it....Ukraine SOF have been trained by SEALS, Rangers, MARSOC etc. and all of the SOF including the AF have to pass dive classes.

I would be SHOCKEKD if they didnt send down saturation divers to grab the warheads and maybe the whole missile system and the launch systems and codes.

On a Russian naval ship the Captain has the codes and keys for arming the warheads.

SOMEONE is going to pop one off soon if things keep going this way, Imagine the impression the attempted assignation of a NATO group(non combatants) is so far over the line I'm surprised we aren't seeing overt actions by NATO and the US.

Keen eyed folks would notice that in some of the Ukrainian combat footage you will hear VERY American and British voices leading the troops....and the US guys faces are never shown but what gives them away as blacks ops is the kit they are wearing and the comm devices on their backs.

I know people and have best friends who have served in these rolls in different conflicts

don't get it twisted we(the US) are heavily involved in this war and has boots on the ground, plus all the equipment we send them.

But attacking a NATO convoy is just crazy and asking for an all out war

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

UN is worthless but the idea Russia is the hero here is laughable, I hope you are getting paid for that post, if not I might cry.

No heroes anywhere, only opportunists.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The Same UN that allowed the regime changes, intervention in Libya to happen and allows the US supplies of weapons to KSA to kill Yemeni civilians?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Its all about this. 🧹EU 🕳 =UNWO 🤔

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I don't think he cares.

Is he sick/terminal? Does he want to go out with a "bang"?

Possibly.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

But attacking a NATO convoy is just crazy and asking for an all out war

Personally, it looks to me like Biden and his administration have done everything they can to prevent a peaceful resolution and ramp up world hatred for Russia. I can't help but think the US is not above orchestrating attacks in Ukraine to further ramp up the war effort.

Tonight's news said the war may last months- or even years. I expect it to last at least until November in case new lockdowns and widespread mail-in voting aren't enough.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The threats of nuclear war could be manipulation by media. Information war is quite heavy with this Ukrainian conflict more than the Syrian conflict.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Personally, it looks to me like Biden and his administration have done everything they can to prevent a peaceful resolution

They are doing everything to stop a peaceful solution. Why is the Ukrainian side attacking Russian cities from Ukrainian territory?
Whose telling them to do this?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

"Ukraine should be investigated, not Russia"

Did Ukraine invade a neighboring country to steal land and genocide folks they don't like?

Is Ukraine destroying russian cities?

Nice try, but far too absurd.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join