It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I must thank Russia for saying 'NO' to NATO. 'You won't come to us'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Former Deputy Foreign Minister of New Zealand Matt Robson thanked Russia for rebuffing NATO.

"People all over the world have lost their understanding of what Russia and China are. It is nonsense to say that they are the main world aggressors"
"Russia does not have 800 military bases across the world like the US, a 1,000 if you count NATO"
"The tension is worldwide so they had a plan, a battle plan"
"Which is why we should be thanking the Russian government for standing up and saying no to NATO"

"There is very little attention to the war has been going on since 2014"
"The violence that has been committed against Russian speaking Ukrainians other Ukrainians that were dissidents"
"Zelensky was made into a hero and few know that he puts all his money offshore so he doesn't pay taxes in his own country snd promotes fascists"

"People are getting propaganda with little analysis and no analysis of the situation in Donbas leading up to the operation in Ukraine"
In 2017 Zwlwnsky campaigned for peace with Russia and respect for all the people of Ukraine and then betrayed that trust launching vicious attacks on Eastern Ukraine" - That has been left out o the History of Ukraine.

"It is a dangerous situation for the world because there is a push for war"

"You have to look at who benefits"

Russia remembers its history. Napoleon 1917 along with 14 other countries tried to destroy Russia, WW2 with the Nazis, and now they look out and see NATO pushing right up to the border. They remember what happened to Yugoslavia and they see and know the plan.
Geoge Keegan a US diplomat in Moscow in 1948 wrote the playbook that said the US has 6% of the world population and 16% of the world resources then proposed how to keep it that way.

" Brzezinski came out and said we can split Russia up into components to control the resources"

For the MIC to thrive it needs aggression not peace and defense in order to sell, rockets, planes, weapons systems. Plus Russia is a huge problem because other nations can turn to them and shelter in the face of NATO.

For those who hate to watch videos, the above is essentially what was said. I paraphrased or rephrased because voice inflections to text are hard.

Here is his Wiki page for those who want to know more about him. I found it interesting.
en.wikipedia.org...

Below is the video.

I think a lot of what he said made sense. Much of it matches up with what I had previously learned. It did give me a new perspective on what people and those in governments around the world who are not part of the EU, NATO club may think. It is not something I have thought much on since I am a citizen of a nation in the club.
Actions against Libya completely shredded the facade that NATO is merely a defense pact. To cling to that claim now is a bit absurd IMO.

I left lots of wiggle room in this thread for discussion.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I notice that the NZ media are pushing the bad Russia meme, but they don't seem to have the bit between their teeth like they did pushing the vaxes. The Russian embassy had its hand slapped with a wet bus ticket. The military is going through the motions but with advisors doing some intel analysis. The NZ defense force and police don't have to have the vaxes. I would think NZ is very lukewarm on getting too involved except for humanitarian aid, they also don't want to upset China. It is at the moment still under NWO Adern who generally is liked. When NZ fell out with ANZUS with the no-nukes policy, we were trading with Russia in a time of need, so I would imagine those bridges haven't been burnt.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   

See the problem is NATO is a defensive agreement, to make eventually the world part of it, to end war.
Just that.
If you're against that you're the *hole who's against peace.
Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Then why didn't they allow Russia to join?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Because they knew why Russia wanted to join.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   

NATO was formed to kick the Soviet unions ass if they did something stupid I thought

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

No it developed out of the wish to not allow a second Hitler to come and raise hell.
It just happened to be first Stalin who had the most risk potential and Russia never really meeting the standards of accepting others as equals, or at least pretending to afterwards.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and several Western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union. NATO was the first peacetime military alliance the United States entered into outside of the Western Hemisphere.

That’s what google tells me when asked “why was nato formed”

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   

But it is deeply connected to this.
It is a result of what transpired in WWII there's just no denying that.
I mean you can try to amaze me how it would have come to be without the 2nd WW?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I wouldn’t try to amaze you how it would have came about without ww2, not really what I was saying.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

And I am not denying some truth to what you say, I just would like you to consider the depths to that why, the reasons behind the why.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I am pretty much oblivious to how other countries are reacting. I shut myself off from almost all media aside from what I find online years ago. I only really keep up with the weather.
I mess around on Twitter and Telegram. From there I will see news feeds but I only watch or read what I am interested in.

I miss entire news cycles of supposed big events only to read about them weeks or months later after the BS disperses and facts have come out.

It works for me. Much lower stress.

However, with what is going on in Ukraine, I am monitoring dozens of Telegram channels, radio feeds, and such.

I am a bit OCD about it. Single issue person.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

See the problem is NATO is a defensive agreement, to make eventually the world part of it, to end war.
Just that.
Simple as that.

Are you joking here? All the world as part of NATO? What will they do with all those expensive weapons and the MIC? Just give it all up join hands and sing hymns?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Imagine

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Because Russia was asking to be treated special and didn't want to go through the same application process as every other nation.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Russia asked to join NATO during Bill Clinton's presidency, NATO refused, They knew they would need Russia to use as an excuse for NATO to keep building up.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180

NATO doesn't need an excuse to build up, since to build up is the purpose of its existence.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Just that.
Simple as that.

George W.? Is that you?

With us or the terrorists made the warm fuzzies go off?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Then why didn't they allow Russia to join?

Russia was offered to apply to join NATO. The problem is Russia could not accept the fact that a nation the size of Luxembourg could tell a country like the US or Russia no. Russia wanted special treatment in order to join NATO. Sine that is not how NATO works Russia walked away.

Ex-Nato head says Putin wanted to join alliance early on in his rule

The Labour peer recalled an early meeting with Putin, who became Russian president in 2000. “Putin said: ‘When are you going to invite us to join Nato?’ And [Robertson] said: ‘Well, we don’t invite people to join Nato, they apply to join Nato.’ And he said: ‘Well, we’re not standing in line with a lot of countries that don’t matter.’”

The account chimes with what Putin told the late David Frost in a BBC interview shortly before he was first inaugurated as Russian president more than 21 years ago. Putin told Frost he would not rule out joining Nato “if and when Russia’s views are taken into account as those of an equal partner”.

This inconvenient fact of Putin wanting to join NATO completely destroys Putin's bs about NATO "promising not to expand east". That lie of Putin's is recent and is not supported by the facts.

edit on 29-4-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Is there any possibility this entire thing is a psyop?

Could the bankers secretly have hooks in Putin and this is really a banker war against Cossacks that refuse either banker side..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join