It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns Poland of gas supply cuts on Wednesday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Russian President Vladimir Putin has demanded that countries he terms "unfriendly" agree to implement a scheme under which they would open accounts at Gazprombank and make payments for Russian gas imports in euros or dollars that would be converted into roubles, following what Moscow calls a "special military operation" in Ukraine.

Poland, a staunch Moscow's political opponent, whose gas deal with Russia expires at the end of this year, has repeatedly said it would not comply with the new scheme of gas payments. It has also said it would not extend the contract.

Been waiting for this to happen. Now Putin can watch NATO and the West come together and help each other. He can finally realize Russian fuel doesn’t hold the weight he thinks it does.

Russia keeps threatening nuke weapons and fuel shortages. Now we can show them how we’ll deal with the fuel shortages. If they want to launch a low yield nuke they can go down in history as the country that had to resort to such matters to a much smaller non-hostile nation.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

If putin wanted nukes and fuel shortages, he'd make it happen.

I'm guessing your OP is a bit of hyperbole.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

If putin wanted nukes and fuel shortages, he'd make it happen.

I'm guessing your OP is a bit of hyperbole.

First sentence when you click link.

Russian energy giant Gazprom (GAZP.MM)has told Poland's PGNiG (PGN.WA) it will halt gas supplies from Wednesday morning

Clicking links is not hard. Where’s the hyperbole?

In a marked escalation of Russian rhetoric, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was asked on state TV late on Monday about the prospect of World War Three and whether the current situation could be compared to the 1962 Cuban missile crisis that nearly caused nuclear war. "The danger is serious, real," Lavrov said, according to the ministry's transcript of the interview.

So in the last 24 hours Russia has said to cut fuel to Poland and the possibility to escalate to nuclear war because they can’t beat a smaller nation because we give them anti tank and anti air.

Imagine if we gave them armor and planes.
edit on 26-4-2022 by PassiveSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is no law that a country cannot demand payment in their own currency for products they sell.

From watching what has been going on in Ukraine for years now, I can not say that Ukraine is a non-hostile nation either, especially to some of the people in their own country.

I base my opinion on what has been happening over the last six or seven years, not what is just happening now. I would never say that the present government of Ukraine has been a good government for their people. I may not agree with what Russia is doing, but that does not mean I have to take a side with the Ukraine government.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Funny, I've been waiting for this too.

Putin thinks oil and gas are the end all, and be all, of everything. He's wrong.

Putin, with every misstep, is strengthening NATO, and showing how pathetically weak he and his military really are.

Maybe the oligarchs and Putin shouldn't have skimmed billions off the military budget to line their pockets.

And you are correct. If Putin uses a nuke, he will go down in History, in a very bad way. FOREVER.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PassiveSeeker

Now Putin can watch NATO and the West come together and help each other.

Now we can show them how we’ll deal with the fuel shortages.

Were NATO and the West separated before?

I bought chips and I'm waiting for the show to start.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

This whole thing is so stupid I am sickened that anyone is literally taking vehemently emotional sides for countries they have never visited let alone lived in....

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

This whole thing is so stupid I am sickened that anyone is literally taking vehemently emotional sides for countries they have never visited let alone lived in....

Do you mean me or someone else?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Where's NATO? 🙈

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I mean this conflict is fricking nonsensical when it comes down to it because both Ukraine and Russia could have worked it out years ago but NATO was prodding and Russia was greedy.

I mean everyone. But mostly the 'West' who never had family members living or working there who now suddenly 'care' to an unbearably emotional extent.

a reply to: turretless

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There is no law that a country cannot demand payment in their own currency for products they sell.

From watching what has been going on in Ukraine for years now, I can not say that Ukraine is a non-hostile nation either, especially to some of the people in their own country.

I base my opinion on what has been happening over the last six or seven years, not what is just happening now. I would never say that the present government of Ukraine has been a good government for their people. I may not agree with what Russia is doing, but that does not mean I have to take a side with the Ukraine government.

Well said

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

I mean this conflict is fricking nonsensical

It is not absurd, it is natural.

From the point of view of American politicians, it is very useful to encourage nationalism and Russophobia in the former Soviet republics, most of which border Russia (and they are inhabited by Russians who have remained there since the times of the USSR).

It is very useful to change your puppets for even more obedient puppets.

I hope you are aware that the two Maidans in Ukraine are no exception in this respect.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If we live long enough here on earth there will be a day in the future when most everything runs on green energy and besides cutting off pipelines or blowing them up or using energy sanctions we will have weather modification warfare against countries once we master it and that will disrupt their solar arrays and wind turbines that power their nation and all currency will be digital. Just imagine what kind of weapons we will have then? I just wonder if I will live that long? Probably not.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PassiveSeeker
www.reuters.com...

Russian President Vladimir Putin has demanded that countries he terms "unfriendly" agree to implement a scheme under which they would open accounts at Gazprombank and make payments for Russian gas imports in euros or dollars that would be converted into roubles, following what Moscow calls a "special military operation" in Ukraine.

Poland, a staunch Moscow's political opponent, whose gas deal with Russia expires at the end of this year, has repeatedly said it would not comply with the new scheme of gas payments. It has also said it would not extend the contract.

Been waiting for this to happen. Now Putin can watch NATO and the West come together and help each other. He can finally realize Russian fuel doesn’t hold the weight he thinks it does.

Russia keeps threatening nuke weapons and fuel shortages. Now we can show them how we’ll deal with the fuel shortages. If they want to launch a low yield nuke they can go down in history as the country that had to resort to such matters to a much smaller non-hostile nation.

Yea the US and her EU helpers/bitches (I'm from the EU btw) caused great suffering in the Middle East, started wars with way more deaths right now then in Ukraine for many many years (way longer then WW2), it doesn't compare too that but they all go mad about Russia now, even being so 'brave' and mad trying to wreck Russia economically and military, even risking a nuclear war, all because we care so much about Ukraine and her people. You really believe for 1 second those in power in the US care about people in Ukraine? Just look at @home, countless people homeless in the 'richest' country.
They are only happy Russia did what it did (that's from the look of it even was their evil plan), even more control over Europe and her wish selling more weapons (the most important industry left) and gas and trying to fulfill a 1 world government with the US in control. China is next, at least when Russia doesn't go full nuclear at 1 point.
But if full nuclear doesn't happen, just look at next winter in Europe, the US can't replace Russian gas... the EU even want to stop buying Russian oil as well right now, just watch EU going down economically fast with many millions of people living in unheated houses and with big fuel shortagges.
edit on 26-4-2022 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

Yea the US and her EU helpers/bitches (I'm from the EU btw) caused great suffering in the Middle East, started wars with way more deaths right now then in Ukraine for many many years (way longer then WW2), it doesn't compare too that but they all go mad about Russia now, even being so 'brave' and mad trying to wreck Russia economically and military, even risking a nuclear war, all because we care so much about Ukraine and her people. You really believe for 1 second those in power in the US care about people in Ukraine? Just look at @home, countless people homeless in the 'richest' country.
They are only happy Russia did what it did (that's from the look of it even was their evil plan), even more control over Europe and her wish selling more weapons (the most important industry left) and gas and trying to fulfill a 1 world government with the US in control. China is next, at least when Russia doesn't go full nuclear at 1 point.

Well in this case Russia pulled the trigger to start a war, then people say if the US or NATO help Ukraine then Russia could pull the trigger with nukes.

Do you see something similar in both cases where it takes Russia and no one else to pull the trigger first for any of it to happen... geez

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well in this case Russia pulled the trigger to start a war, then people say if the US or NATO help Ukraine then Russia could pull the trigger with nukes.

Do you see something similar in both cases where it takes Russia and no one else to pull the trigger first for any of it to happen... geez

The US caused a coup in Ukraine and after deciding which persons should be in the new government. Right after putting for many billions of weapons there (of course when this war happened even way more weapons). Yes it's a mistake of Putin but in his eyes the way this went is a big danger for Russia. Imagine Russia changing the government in Mexico and arming them for many many billions, ant-rocket systems, you name it. The US would declare war against Mexico right away and then it would be a good thing according the media.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The US caused a coup in Ukraine and after deciding which persons should be in the new government. Right after putting for many billions of weapons there (of course when this war happened even way more weapons). Yes it's a mistake of Putin but in his eyes the way this went is a big danger for Russia. Imagine Russia changing the government in Mexico and arming them for many many billions, ant-rocket systems, you name it. The US would declare war against Mexico right away and then it would be a good thing according the media.

It still takes Russia to pull the trigger first in either case...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It still takes Russia to pull the trigger first in either case...

Well, yes but the US did so in the Middle East, where was the outrage there? Big sanctions should have happened against the US (and her helpers), the world should have boycotted the US and defending&arming those country's in the middle east (with the same logic), no? But those country's in the ME where no danger to the US even. Changing the government in Ukraine, making the a US puppet and arming them is a danger for Russia, of course the US knew this but they did this because it's good for US power in the world (&$).

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It seems a good number here feel it is within Russia's rights to put boots on the ground and blow the crap out of Ukraine, so do you all also feel it is Poland's right to attack Russia if they cut the gas off?

I'm going to start calling Putin Master Blaster.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Well, yes but the US did so in the Middle East..

So open an OP about that...

Whataboutism doesn't work as we are talking Russia in Ukraine.

Russia went first into Afghanistan and I guess I can say We went in because of Russia... France went first into Vietnam, so we can blame us going in on them too.

See how that all really doesn't work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join