It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia’s military is incompetent.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Seems a RU ship was just sank. Wonder how long until tactical nukes rain down on Kiev?

Yep, Russian media confirms it. ria.ru...

Flagship of the Black Sea, Moscva, is likely gone. Russian media is saying the ship has been completely evacuated/abandoned with secondary explosions from ammunition ignition. Hours ago, Ukraine reported striking the Moscva with two Ukrainian-made Neptune anti-ship missiles.

Update Edit: And now a Russian source is claiming it has sunk and was struck by Neptune missiles while distracted by a UAV: twitter.com...
edit on 13-4-2022 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bugman82

According to a report on the BBC News website the Russians are claiming a fire onboard the ship detonated munitions.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

According to a report on the BBC News website the Russians are claiming a fire onboard the ship detonated munitions.

Yeah, I'm thinking it will be hard for Russian media to admit the ship was struck by Ukrainian missiles. However, it does a appear at least one Russian source is already admitting this: t.me...

The seas are rough out there at this very moment with very large swells and 40 mph winds. Rescue of the crew may be very difficult in that kind of weather. The ship is probably sunk with huge crew losses. It looks like Morse code distress signals, including the automated ones, have completely ceased.
edit on 13-4-2022 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I sincerely hope all the crew are rescued....far too many people being killed on both sides.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Do you recall the lesson learned from Operation Mockingbird?

It was in the 50s and 60s, so you might not remember it.

Operation Mockingbird had the CIA infiltrating the mainstream media.

Bill Casey of the CIA noted in 1981 that "When everything the American people believe is false, we will know the success of our misinformation efforts."

Do you think he was being candid? I do.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Russia is not that good at war. Napoleon took Moscow and burned it. Hitler would have beat Russia if he did not have to fight Britain and America at the same time as fighting Russia. Britain beat Russia in Crimea war. Japan beat Russia in 1905.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I do agree there is a lot of misinformation however i dont see any advantage to Russia making themselves seem incompetant. All this does is weaken their standing on the world stage so i dont think they are somehow faking a loss. More likely they were trying to take large gains with minimal forces and learned the resistance was stronger than they anticipated.

there original plan seemed to be to simply get forces into an area then set up supply lines for them. Such as the attack on the airport in Kyiv they sent in troops to hold it. They didnt have a plan to get supplies to them i think they thought it was going to be easy and it wasnt.

So i see this as a huge miscalculation by their military who honestly thought they could take an area then set up supply routes later.

Bingo,

And now they are changing to a new objective to take the south and east.

edit on 14-4-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tastaufen
Russia is not that good at war. Napoleon took Moscow and burned it. Hitler would have beat Russia if he did not have to fight Britain and America at the same time as fighting Russia. Britain beat Russia in Crimea war. Japan beat Russia in 1905.

The greatest threat from Russia in a war with them that has been forever is their winters...
edit on 14-4-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Excluding the fact that Biden ordered a hit using one of the many remote killing machines I PAY FOR to massacre a car load of kids and parents.

I guess killing isn't killing though huh. They get a free pass because kill chain and military and...? Terrorism?

I don't think so.

If I shoot a gun and the bullet punches through a house 2 miles away I get charged. Equal standards or none at all. And equal is off the table, so its just none at all.

Sorry no equal standards in war bucko

Man you just want war rolled up all prefect like. There are difference between military mistakes and lets say just outright massive artillery attacks again a whole city of 100,000s of civilians. You have no clue to the crazy levels that are involved in a kill chain, for every one of your stories about the wrong people were hit I could give you 100s of where the attack was called off.

As example I followed 2 guys on a motorbike for an hour after they shot and killed 3 US servicemen. At some points the driver would stop and the one on the back would unload a couple of AK mags in the direction the came from then zip off again. They even stopped at a house and a guy walks out with a phone to his head and hands them more Mags, and they speed off. This went on over a period of time and then they pulled into a gas stop and ran into a tea house where there was like 40 other bikes out front. At that point it was called off due to loss of sight on them.

If this was the Russians not only would the Russians had leveled the tea house to the ground killing everyone, but they would had blown up the guy's house that gave them more mags too. We don't do that...

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tastaufen
Russia is not that good at war.

History would say otherwise.

Napoleon took Moscow and burned it.

...and lost the vast bulk of his army to do it. Not sure that qualifies as a victory...pyrrhic, at best.

Hitler would have beat Russia if he did not have to fight Britain and America at the same time as fighting Russia.

Uhm...don't think so. It would have taken a bit longer, but once Stalin had the war plants relocated out of range of the Luftwaffe...it was only a matter of paying the butchers bill. At best Germany would have fought 'em to a draw...

Britain beat Russia in Crimea war.

How did the rematch go?? Y'know when Britain supported the White Russians, rather than the Reds??

Japan beat Russia in 1905.

I'll give ya this one. But later, when Japan attacked the Soviets on the ground...how'd that go for 'em?? Not well, history shows.

No, fighting Russia is a losing proposition on their home turf. General Winter, and their own spirit, generally do rather well for 'em.

You're not here any more, but given your history...you'll be back.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

...that, and they just flat don't care what it takes to win, when Mother Russia is in danger.

Though how true that is anymore, is up for debate...I don't want to be the one to find out.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hmm, Russia already took Mariupol. Kiev reports heavy bombing.

Almost like Russia wasnt going all in until the West decided to pull a 2014 and meddle.

Next time we invade a sovereign nation and use our military to gun down their citizens/our remote killing robots to burn the faces off their children, I hope someone like Russia sends them weapons that are then used to kill hypocrites. Dont care which hypocrites either.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yep I actually agree.

Which is why the idiots shrieking about "war crimes" need to shut the heck up and stop spouting nonsense they know nothing about.

In Afghanistan alone we killed over 100,000 people. Do I think thats a war crime? Of course not. Its war. Bad # happens.

So before calling Putin a war criminal on the third day of the war, might want to wait and see.

My anger isnt directed at you. And I apologize for letting it go on you.

I can not stand hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 15 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yep I actually agree.

Which is why the idiots shrieking about "war crimes" need to shut the heck up and stop spouting nonsense they know nothing about.

In Afghanistan alone we killed over 100,000 people. Do I think thats a war crime? Of course not. Its war. Bad # happens.

So before calling Putin a war criminal on the third day of the war, might want to wait and see.

My anger isnt directed at you. And I apologize for letting it go on you.

I can not stand hypocrisy.

I agree 100% here too.

The interesting part about the 100k in Iraq, a very small amount of those deaths were directly from the US. Most were Iraqis killing each other. Where we really F'ed up was after we won basically we did not control the population from going crazy now they were not under Saddam's cruel rule. The Sunnis and Shiites just started to kill each other off as much as possible. Our war lasted like 2 weeks then it was us watching the country go insane. I got intel briefs daily of some horrendous medieval level stuff the population was doing to each other. Our hospitals were constantly full of civilians not injured by our hands. We are great at war, but suck big time at occupation...

edit on 15-4-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Your right I remember attacks on schools as one group would attack the other. We would rush to the scene and there would be a firefight underway and our stupid asses would try to separate the two. It was like a referee trying to separate to oxers and we would often get punched in the mouth. Then the IEDs one group or another would report them and we would go in to clear them hoping we could jam any signals to prevent remote detonation. And lets not talk about Iraq security forces who were a joke at best and oftentimes carried out their own vendettas.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Your right I remember attacks on schools as one group would attack the other. We would rush to the scene and there would be a firefight underway and our stupid asses would try to separate the two. It was like a referee trying to separate to oxers and we would often get punched in the mouth. Then the IEDs one group or another would report them and we would go in to clear them hoping we could jam any signals to prevent remote detonation. And lets not talk about Iraq security forces who were a joke at best and oftentimes carried out their own vendettas.

We would get reports of all the men in a village had their heads cut off level of stuff. There would be like a dozen bodies in the river daily. If you were Sunni and went to the wrong part of town the Shiites would just outright killed them like at the police level. They would keep the body hoping a relative would come looking and kill them too. I don't think the vast majority of America really understands how much Sunni and Shiites really hate each other. Neither side even hates America very much because taking Saddam (The Ba’ath party) out was in their favor and even if we did kill 100k they would be like who cares...

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I believe the majority of the Western world has no idea how little value is given human life in much of the rest of the world.

Mrs Cav had a conversation with an educated, affluent Egyptian one day on a train in Germany. When she asked "but what about all the poor in your country?", his answer was, "Who cares about them? They can die."

It really is a different and much harsher outlook.

Cheers
edit on 16-4-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Russian Nazis? Thats laughable.

Funny how democrats cozy up to Fidel Castro, Kim Jong Un and Maduro. Xi? Saudis? Iran? Taliban? Sure!

But Russia? Those Nazis? Like Ukraine's Azov batalion. Actual Nazis.

I hope Russia takes Ukraine just so we stop having to hear about it 24/7 every time they steal their way into the White House

We need a big sign for Ukraine and its supporters: "US IS CLOSED FOR WARMAKING. WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS OF OUR OWN TO DEAL WITH. FIGURE IT OUT. LOVE, THE US."

“Asia, what a disquieting reservoir of men! The safety of Europe will not be assured until we have driven Asia back behind the Urals. No organized Russian state must be allowed to exist west of that line.”

— Adolf Hitler

Peter D. Stachura. The Shaping of the Nazi State, p. 31.

The Urals are miles east of Moscow.
The Russians may be many things but they aren’t Nazis.

There are thousands upon thousands of real nazis in Russia and if one would do extensive research in to how many nazi-ideologists, or race-ideologists operate and operated in Ukraine I bet the results would both shock and surprise you.

Even in the West, if we did similar research, in any country, we were shocked with the results and in multiple western countries entire battallions had to be broken up because of infestation of nazi ideology.

Countries like Germany, Italy, France I am speaking.

Can you imagine Russia?

We don't know. I bet it is much more than we both dare to think now.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join